SINCE73 is offline Junior Member

Blood work question....

Is there any symptom that warns you that you should have your blood tested after a cycle?
    I realize it’s the smart thing to do but, is there any warning signs that point to a low test level after a cycle or any other danger signs that make one think, “hey, I better get this checked out?”
    Just curious because my cycle ended 4 weeks ago & nothing seems different to me other than my mind telling me I’m shrinking. lol

scorp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SINCE73
    Is there any symptom that warns you that you should have your blood tested after a cycle?
    I realize it’s the smart thing to do but, is there any warning signs that point to a low test level after a cycle or any other danger signs that make one think, “hey, I better get this checked out?”
    Just curious because my cycle ended 4 weeks ago & nothing seems different to me other than my mind telling me I’m shrinking. lol
    Personally, I get bloodwork done pre-cycle, mid-cycle, post-cycle, 6weeks after PCT and again every month thereafter. It is better to take a proactive approach.

Check this out.

http://www.getswole.com/anabolics/bloodtesting.shtml

SINCE73 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help.
    I knew that they tested for a buttload of stuff but, WHEW.....that leaves no stone unturned.
    I didn't know if there are any symptom that ran up a red flag that one should look for that would cause one to go to the doctor to get a lab done other than good use of common sense.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Since73,

Skewed cholesterol levels and increased red blood cell count (RBC) don't give you any warnings besides perhaps increased vasularity for high RBC. By the time noticeable signs appear--other than vascularity, you'd be in pretty bad shape.

If you do not let your RBC normalize between cycles, you risk suffering a sudden stroke. Does this mean everyone who uses steroids will have a stroke or serious problems? No. But you should be aware of both the obvious and unobvious side effects of your steroid use so you can be as careful and as safe as possible.

A lot of people don't know the dangers of elevated RBC because it doesn't seem to create any immediate side effect that would cause people alarm. In fact, the vascularity caused by elevated RBC is something that people try to accomplish. There's a huge difference between being TRULY vascular due to low body fat and low water retention and being pseudo-vascular because of extensively high RBC pushing veins through 15% body fat.

Get yourself tested regularly to make sure that you keep yourself safe.

BTW...high blood pressure (BP) many create few to no immediately noticable side effects; but over the long haul, high BP can weaken the walls of your heart.

Are these things to be paranoid about? NO. But you should be aware of them and keep them under control.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-08-2005 at 01:58 PM.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would also have an EKG done....My bp has been under control with meds for years...my bloodwork is always great(even the cardiologist I've been referred to commented on how good it is)..anyway, my last EKG indicates I have "left bundle branch block"..so now, it's stress EKG, probable cathterization, etc. and so on...you can't be too safe when you demand so much from your body...BASK8KACE has given some great examples of just a few of the things that can go wrong...

Thread Information