Thread: whats this?

swest is offline Banned

whats this?

been talking to a friend whos an experienced lifter and user of roids, which i like to think i am too. The other day he told me that on his last cycle he had done the usual test and deca , but he also mentioned Predizone, ok i said not wanting to look like a fool, i have no idea what it is, tabletform...would be fun to know what it is, ran a search didnt find anything...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Did you mean Prednisone?? It isn't an anabolic steroid but it could be what he was talking about. I've never heard of Predizone personally
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 01-08-2005 at 02:49 PM.

swest is offline Banned
    yeah it may be, not so sure bout the spelling so yeah...what does it do?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Here is some info I just pulled off of google:

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Prednisone is an oral, synthetic (man-made) corticosteroid used for suppressing the immune system and inflammation. It has effects similar to other corticosteroids such as triamcinolone (Kenacort), methylprednisolone (Medrol), prednisolone (Prelone) and dexamethasone (Decadron). These synthetic corticosteroids mimic the action of cortisol (hydrocortisone), the naturally-occurring corticosteroid produced in the body by the adrenal glands. Corticosteroids have many effects on the body, but they most often are used for their potent anti-inflammatory effects, particularly in those conditions in which the immune system plays an important role. Such conditions include arthritis, colitis, asthma, bronchitis, certain skin rashes, and allergic or inflammatory conditions of the nose and eyes. Prednisone is inactive in the body and, in order to be effective, first must be converted to prednisolone by enzymes in the liver. Therefore, prednisone may not work as effectively in people with liver disease whose ability to convert prednisone to prednisolone is impaired

PRESCRIPTION: yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: yes

PREPARATIONS: Tablets of 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 50 mg. Oral solution or syrup of 5mg/5ml

STORAGE: Store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F), and keep away from moisture.

PRESCRIBED FOR: Prednisone is used in the management of inflammatory conditions or diseases in which the immune system plays an important role. Since prednisone is used in so many conditions, only the most common or established uses are mentioned here. Prednisone most often is used for treating several types of arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, systemic lupus, allergic reactions, asthma and severe psoriasis. It also is used for treating leukemias, lymphomas, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Corticosteroids, including prednisone, are commonly used to suppress the immune system and prevent the body from rejecting transplanted organs. Prednisone is used as replacement therapy in patients whose adrenal glands are unable to produce sufficient amounts of cortisol.
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 01-08-2005 at 02:39 PM.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Pred is often prescribed for bad respiratory infections among other things....Personally, I would never take prednisone unless it by a doctors order...there's too many detrimental side effects and I can't see it being helpful as most forms of prednisone are catabolic according to the PDR...Also, the last time I had to take it while on cycle it caused TREMENDOUS aggression.....and I mean way worse than anything I've experienced with tren ......Just my .02..

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member
    Prednisone is a corticosteroid used to treat severe allergic reactions, asthma and inflammation. Maybe he used it for treating sore muscles or joints. Other than that I don't know.

You guys beat me to the punch

mannic is offline New Member
    It is used by endurance atheletes to stem muscle pain , it is a dangerous drug to use consistantely ; but it works ; by endurance I mean elite cyclists , tour de France and stage races. mannic.

Thread Information