Thread: Tattoo

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member

Question Tattoo

Hey im getting a tat on my shoulder to half way down my bicep and im wondering if it will get f*cked up when im on cycle? any thoughts? Ive never had any stretch marks on my shoulders or the outside of my arm where i plan on gettin inked up.

BDTR is offline Retired
    you'll be fine.

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

Tat

I have a shoulder bi tat. Just make sure and keep it clean and get some tatoo goo to keep the colors sharp and if you go in the sun use sunscreen. And tons of lotion, to prevent stretch marks while on cycle.
    peace. JMO

ok sounds good, thanks guys

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    just dont use any cream till it heals. also if you sweat a lot ya might
    want to stay out of the gym for a few days. as it heals you want to keep it
    dry.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Tattoo goo is a waste of money, get some bacitricine, nothing more than a moisterizing lotion once it has healed up. If it's one thing i know, it's tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitsAreNothing
    I have a shoulder bi tat. Just make sure and keep it clean and get some tatoo goo to keep the colors sharp and if you go in the sun use sunscreen. And tons of lotion, to prevent stretch marks while on cycle.
    peace. JMO

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro, post a pic after you get it done.....I'd like to see it how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Tattoo goo is a waste of money, get some bacitricine, nothing more than a moisterizing lotion once it has healed up. If it's one thing i know, it's tattoos.
    BDTR u got some nutty tats bro the one on ur elbow looks cool, i mite get somethin on my elbow later on

Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Hey bro, post a pic after you get it done.....I'd like to see it how it looks.
    haha yea ill put it up but now rite now....i just got back in the gym recently due to an injury.....ill show u guys once my arms r big again

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have heard from tat artists that it DOES make a difference but from everyone here they say it dosent.... but I was just trying to find out the same thing because I want this tat but I dont want to stretch this **** out of it and make it look ugly when I put on alot more muscle. But I have read alot on this and it seems it is alllll good. go for it

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive kid
    just dont use any cream till it heals. also if you sweat a lot ya might
    want to stay out of the gym for a few days. as it heals you want to keep it
    dry.
    When I got my tattoo done, the guy said to make SURE and keep A&D ointment on it ED for two full weeks to help it heal. I don't think it is a good idea to keep the tattoo dryed out??? Every person that I know of who has gotten a tattoo has been told to keep it moisturized with A&D ointment to help it heal better.

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    I once had to have a tattoo removed while on juice because it grew and I didnt.....

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Every person that I know of who has gotten a tattoo has been told to keep it moisturized with A&D ointment to help it heal better.
    Thats what I hear... my friends always had to put lotion on it but wrapped it in saran wrap for the shower.

yea def. put lotion on for a while and keep it out of the sun or it will be ruined if exposed to too much sunlight

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    i just put vasaline on mine in the morning, afternoon, & night and it was fine. i don't think you should let it dry out. and, for the saran wrap in the shower, i never did that, but i guess it could work??

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    i have got several tatts hemeroid cream is good to put on it morn+night also wash it 2-3 times a day with warm soapy water and pat it dry with a clean towl.i wouldnt work out your arms for a few days as i did and where you pump up it pushes blood and ink bck out so now i have patches on the one on my shouler to bicep where the ink has seaped out a ltlle.good luck bro

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    When I got my tattoo done, the guy said to make SURE and keep A&D ointment on it ED for two full weeks to help it heal. I don't think it is a good idea to keep the tattoo dryed out??? Every person that I know of who has gotten a tattoo has been told to keep it moisturized with A&D ointment to help it heal better.
    a tattoo is an open woond. all the tats I got I was told to keep them dry for 5 days. then start the lotion. from my experience prep-h ass cream is the best.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i keep mine dry for the 1st 3 days or so then i use a&d ointment on it for the next 5 days or so. its for baby diaper rash, works well.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    You use the a&d ointment for the first 48 hours and then regular hand lotion.You can get your tat wet like in the shower and stuff its just not suggested to soak in a tub or pool for a couple of weeks.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i think everyone has there own ways of doin it, all i know is the way i do it works for me. basically just dont soak in water, stay away from strong scented soap for 5 days or so, keep it out of the sun for the 1st little bit and use fragrence free lotion.

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    I had my 3rd tat done for Christmas, Its a dumbell thats inbetween my tricep and the top of my bicep. It actually looks better as i get bigger.

All i do is use warm water (no soap) and cotten wool and wash it twice a day.

After you wash it, dry it and jently apply some bapanthen(baby rash cream) Its a trade secret of tattoo artists though you never buy it from then as they charge you $4.00 more than the supermaket price.

Hope it goes well bro
    Last edited by Anabolica; 02-02-2005 at 12:22 AM. Reason: mistake

Thread Information