I asked a question the other day about MPB and have two questions about your reply.

1. You said "Run 5% azelaic acid / 5% minoxidil / 5% spironolactone" twice daily. Is this an OTC product or do I need a prescription? Is it one product or a stack of hair care products I need to look for on the internet or a store?

2. In your last paragraph you said "I just recommend the prescription strength topicals to completely eliminate the DHT from the scalp while on cycle rather than messing with your internal regulation systems anymore than you already are (supplementing AAS). Monitor for prostate enlargement symptoms and if they occur continue on the 1mg finasteride / day."

Do you mean to start 1mg finasteride/day only if I have prostate enlargement symptoms OR use throughout the whole cycle. The wording kind of threw me off. I am guessing that you are recommending the finasteride for any prostate problems and not hair line problems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for any help and your reply to my question is below:

I posted this on another thread--I hope it helps...Research as much as you can bro and then make the decision for yourself...here is my take:

"I'd advise against Deca or EQ if you are prone to MPB...Unless you plan on running the Deca alone.

Other than that Test is best...there is so much research done into preventing DHT related hairloss that you shouldn't have a problem. Run 5% azelaic acid / 5% minoxidil / 5% spironolactone twice daily and you should inhibit/convert close to 100% of the DHT in the follicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***xxx***
he is on propecia right now bro so if u r on propecia test would be a good choice. stay away from all dht steroids .
still, propecia is no guarantee, if u cycle there is still a good chance, u ll lose more hair.

He is right. Adding in 1mg finasteride (e.g. Propecia)/day will lower serum DHT levels 60-80%, but remember even that is somewhat localized. Type 1-5Alpha Reduct is more active in head follicle region and is not effected by the finasteride, so while the DHT levels will be significantly lower for the sake of your prostate and body as a whole; you won't necessarily see levels of 60-80% reduction for the sake of your hairline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Jason
i would think, although i have never read any studies(anyone seen any??) that with dutasteride blocking conversion at type 1&2 5-ar that it will severely reduce the gains from test, i may be wrong??

Dutasteride (e.g. Avodart) serves the purpose where finasteride falls short...blocking Type1 / 2 5AR from acting. But having no DHT will probably hinder your gains...DHT is important: it hardens your muscles, and is a strong androgen...if your body didn't need it, it wouldn't produce it.

Careful with the systemic enzyme inhibitors overall bro, you're ****ing with your endocrine system even more and sometimes systemic reduction in DHT can cause a backlash after 6 months or more of use.

I just recommend the prescription strength topicals to completely eliminate the DHT from the scalp while on cycle rather than messing with your internal regulation systems anymore than you already are (supplementing AAS). Monitor for prostate enlargement symptoms and if they occur continue on the 1mg finasteride / day.

Good luck and any other questions just ask."