mike2112 is offline Associate Member

do you think it's time to change ? is my feeling right ?

ok well since october I went back to the gym, training and clean diet .

I needed to drop that bastard bf% because of 1 year with no gym and junk food .. several problems had taken me away from gyms ..

since october I dropped a good amount of fat and have now a reasonable bf% ... not the one I wish I'd have but looks +/- ok

I decided to change from now on : I mean ok, I dropped fat and gained almost all the muscles I lost since 1 year and I look better now than when I stopped .
    IS IT TIME TO STOP TRYING TO LOSE BF AND TRY TO ADD MORE MUSCLES ?
    IS'NT IT A MOMENT WHERE IT'S TIME TO STOP TRYIN LOSE BF AND ADD MORE MUSCLES TO BE ABLE TO LOSE MORE BF DUE TO AN INCREASED LBM ?

not asking for any kind of training/diet/roid cycle , just a question to know WHEN IS IT TIME TO STOP CUTTING ONLY AND TRY TO ADD NEW MUSCLES ?

cause now I feel like the progress will be far better if I add more muscles than if I continue to stay focused on fat loss ...

AM I RIGHT ? I understand it might be hard to understand but it's also hard to explain ...

THE PUMP is offline Member
    What is your bf % at the moment bro?

Jackman is offline Banned
    well bro that is a tough question and one that it totally up to you. Just remember when you have a higher b/f % bulking it is easier to gain more fat from juice than it is on a lower body fat percent. I also heared you will gain more muscle pound for pound if you have less body fat dont know the reasoning behind it.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its a personal call bro, u gotta make the choice. wuts ur bf%? and other stats?

wait i remember some of why you gain more at a leaner %. It has somthing to do with the estrogen binding to both the fat and muscle and if you have more fat it will take away from the muscle gains. Thats just off the top of my head ill try to find the post.

squatster is offline Associate Member
    wow-that is a tough one , at what point, this is a stumper with out knowing hight, weight, body fat, and so on.
    come on guys this one will be easy for some one here

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    do you want to bulk or cut? sounds like you want to bulk, if you are ok with your bf% then go on and bulk. like jackman said its up to you. good luck bro

the only one that it can be easy for is himself, its a personal choice another person cant make!

Quote Originally Posted by squatster
    wow-that is a tough one , at what point, this is a stumper with out knowing hight, weight, body fat, and so on.
    come on guys this one will be easy for some one here

actual bf is +/- 11%
    bodyweight 180lbs for 5'11"

I've been at 230 lbs with 13% bf at my best .. but as I said lost muscles cause I stopped everythin for more than a year ...

now I feel that I could look better if I'd stop focus on losing bf and would go back into juice/increased cals

not talking about big bulking diet with junk food, I don't believe in it excepted for fast metabolims

but I'm at this time where I hesitate to drop bf% again OR try to add new LBM while staying at the same bf% ..........

Also remember another thing when you make the choice. Its a lot easier (with a little willpower) to cut than it is to bulk! Theres still time to do both before summer

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    11% is pretty good

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2112
    actual bf is +/- 11%
    bodyweight 180lbs for 5'11"

I've been at 230 lbs with 13% bf at my best .. but as I said lost muscles cause I stopped everythin for more than a year ...

now I feel that I could look better if I'd stop focus on losing bf and would go back into juice/increased cals

not talking about big bulking diet with junk food, I don't believe in it excepted for fast metabolims

but I'm at this time where I hesitate to drop bf% again OR try to add new LBM while staying at the same bf% ..........

11% is alright, i would bulk if i were u. just make sure ur diet is clean so u put on minimal fat. or just do a lean muscle cycle, its basically all on the diet bro.

THE PUMP is offline Member
    11%! bulk away bro!

yep this is what I want too ... but you know I'm lean now EXCEPTED on the f****n low abs area which has always been a problem for me .. and it's the only reason why I hesitate LOL : lose it now or after ???

excepted that I've striations on my chests, legs are cut, shoulders too, arms are veiny and top abs and obliques look ok ...

in fact I feel almost like I'm losing some time and would do better to add LBM .. not lazy to diet/cardio at all, just want to make the best choice

im with the others on this bro 11% is good. i think its TIME TO GROW!

ace ventura is offline Member
    If you ever want to get bigger it would make sence to bulk before cutting. Why spend time and effort on cutting and then realize you want to bulk and get bigger. I say bulk now and work on the details afterwards - if there is time you can cut before summertime.

You could do cardio training once a week while on bulking cycle?

Thread Information