Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LAGMuXle is offline Member

Self Surgery... !!!

Ok bros, here is what happened... as I normally do my daily injections in my Glutes... everything has been going fine. I got an infection in my left glute, which I usually give a few days to go away before going to a Doc.

This time - the infection didnt go away, on the third day it swelled up like a balloon - it looked like I had a sack of liquid in my ass.

So here is what I did - I know this might sound crazy to some - but I think it helped, at least until I can get to a Doc -

I stuck a 18G pin in my glute... and drained it. The liquid that came out ... was this thick gel-like substance that was a pinkish brown color with a horrid acidic smell.

I didn't drain it all out, but I'm hoping I drained enough to at least reduce what was unbearable pain until I can get some anti biotics...

Any of you bros have a similar experience?

MuX

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    18 gauge... last resort huh.... ouch, I been there...Don't ever wanna go back either.. So did ya jab it real quick or go so slow?

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    thats fukd bro! i wouldnt have done that,best go c a doc asap

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Get your ass on anti-biotics asap. Go to the doc.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    see a doctor immediately

9000rpm is offline Member
    I hope you realize that if it gets gangreen(sp?), you can die from it.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    GET YOUR ASS TO A DR.....Most likely it will come right back!!!!!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i would be on antibiotics already. If i already had an appt, and it was that tight with fluid, i would consider draining it, AS LONG AS I WAS ABOUT TO GO ON ANTIBIOTICS.

At least do it sterile, wipe the area with an alcohol gause, and use a sterile needle..then wipe the area again after!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    GET YOUR ASS TO A DR.....Most likely it will come right back!!!!!
    agreed for sure!

Draining it is only a temporary solution to ease the pressure, it wont heal the infection!

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Doc Dogg, c'moooonnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    From the way your post sounds it seems like you get infections a lot. I dont know about you but infections arent supposed to be that common if you are using proper pinning methods. (not trying to flame here, just stating facts)

I read somewhere that if done in a sanitary fashion, you should only get an infection once every 25,000 times or something like that.
    Last edited by Jtt23; 01-03-2005 at 05:43 PM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtt23
    From the way your post sounds it seems like you get infections a lot. I dont know about you but infections arent supposed to be that common if you are using proper pinning methods. (not trying to flame here, just stating facts)

I read somewhere that if done in a sanitary fashion, you should only get an infection once every 25,000 times or something like that.
    Now that you point it out yeah he does. He also seems to be bragging.

joey11 is offline Associate Member
    ive done that twice in my delts, it doesnt hurt and i just layed off sticking them for a couple weeks. i filled up a 3cc syringe 5 times before the lump went away.

inevitable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey11
    ive done that twice in my delts, it doesnt hurt and i just layed off sticking them for a couple weeks. i filled up a 3cc syringe 5 times before the lump went away.

holysh!t..... u serious???? go to the doc ASAP

c5529 is offline Member
    don't wait for an appointment with a dr...get to an urgent care clinic or ED now....you've got a serious potential problem there that requires immediate medical attention.....

BDTR is offline Retired
    There is a thread somewhere here about me doing that a while back with an abcess, i had to drain it a million times, kept coming back. After draining, i would flush the wound with pure BA. All done with an 18 guage pin. Boy did it smell.

It didnt clear up till i gave myself some antibiotics.

joey11 is offline Associate Member
    nothing ever happened with mine, it was about 2 1/2 months ago and it never happened again.

eport is offline Associate Member
    all i have to say is...............WOW

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGMuXle
    Ok bros, here is what happened... as I normally do my daily injections in my Glutes... everything has been going fine. I got an infection in my left glute, which I usually give a few days to go away before going to a Doc.

This time - the infection didnt go away, on the third day it swelled up like a balloon - it looked like I had a sack of liquid in my ass.

So here is what I did - I know this might sound crazy to some - but I think it helped, at least until I can get to a Doc -

I stuck a 18G pin in my glute... and drained it. The liquid that came out ... was this thick gel-like substance that was a pinkish brown color with a horrid acidic smell.

I didn't drain it all out, but I'm hoping I drained enough to at least reduce what was unbearable pain until I can get some anti biotics...

Any of you bros have a similar experience?

MuX

I haven't had to but I have heard about people who have. Get some antibiotics and get that **** cleared up or you will regret it.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    Unfreaking real lie and say you were self administrating B12 to the doc, but on the second note you got the I got big balls award for 2005 so far 18 g wow!!!!

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profbiv
    Unfreaking real lie and say you were self administrating B12 to the doc, but on the second note you got the I got big balls award for 2005 so far 18 g wow!!!!
    Fear is an extremely strong motivator

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    An 18g pin isnt all that painfull. It looks like it would hurt worse than what it does. But sticking a 18g pin in a puss infected injection site!!! You are the man!!!

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Are you guys being careless as far as staying safe and keeping your needles sterile? I would be at the doctors in a second if I got an abcess. Emergency appointment.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    u might of got real bad staff infection but the way it sounds thats some hard core
    sh!t go to the doc asap and get that checked out for real

Zennie is offline Junior Member

Sterile needle? For something which is already infected?

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    i would be on antibiotics already. If i already had an appt, and it was that tight with fluid, i would consider draining it, AS LONG AS I WAS ABOUT TO GO ON ANTIBIOTICS.

At least do it sterile, wipe the area with an alcohol gause, and use a sterile needle..then wipe the area again after!
    There is something that I've always wondered. What's the point of using a sterile needle when the site is already infected? I am not sure, just thought that it doesn't really make sense since unless it is poison, it shouldn't make it any worse.

However, going back to his question, an infection cannot just heal by itself if you don't open up the wound. It is not like acne. You must go to the doctor and they will cut the abcess and drain the pus out. Then they will put gauze in there so that there is no space for more pus to stay there and prevent it from closing up. I had mine done on my thigh. Either was an ingrown hair or some insect bite, not from injecting.

Good luck though, i know, it hurts like a biatch!

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    just be smart and go to the doc good luck

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    yep, go to the doc.

but actually draining fluid is probably ok. I just remember the guy on another board, who performed a gyno surgery on himself and shot some photos. crazy people outhere, really crazy...
    Last edited by ***xxx***; 01-04-2005 at 03:33 AM.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    that aint sh1t... i drain my testicles with a 14G... then i bottle that sh1t up and sell it to the lesser guys at the gym... hehehe

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    There is something that I've always wondered. What's the point of using a sterile needle when the site is already infected? I am not sure, just thought that it doesn't really make sense since unless it is poison, it shouldn't make it any worse.
    There are millions of different types of infection so you could quite easily give yourself a (different) secondary infection on top of the original one & then you're really in trouble!

Thanks for all of your input guys - I have an appointment today to get some anti-biotics.

I don't normally get infections - this is the second time in 2 years. This one is the worse of the two I have gotten.

The reason I drained it was because the pain was unbearable, and it felt like if I didnt drain it - it would have burst. I knew it would not rid of the infection - it was more of a temporary pain reducer until I could get an appointment. I am always extremely sterile - I never inject without proper methods using cotton balls, rubbing alcohol and fresh sterile pins/syringes. I never reuse anything.

Thank you for the concern of those who thought I didn't use sterile methods - I sure do :-)

I'll keep you guys posted on the doc's appt. and let you know what happens from here.

Thanks again Bros,

MuX

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you are a pussy for using a 18g!!! I think a 14g would have got all of it out!!

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Make sure and get levaquin(sp?) antibiotic and flagyl anti infective. Have doc drain it, tell him b-12 injection that was infected, if you do not have them do it you should go for it again.

Jackman is offline Banned
    you got balls ill give you that

palme is offline Rosie Member
    A real man would have just sucked that **** right out.

Hope the anti-biotics help bro.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Didnt Swellin do the same thing when his leg got infected after using PEG based TNE? I dont think I would ever have the balls (or be crazy enough if you want to look at it that way) to jab myself in a place that is already infected. I would fear that I would f*ck it up worse.

Man........i Dont Know If Its Ballz.......or Just Nuts.....but I Would Have Been To The Doc On Anti's By Know.......asking For Trouble

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I think you are a pussy for using a 18g!!! I think a 14g would have got all of it out!!
    lol....

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    go see a doc just to be safe there is a chance u can punch right thru the abscess and all the fluid coming out on ur end can also be going into ur body on the other end. a dose of antibiotics will clear it up. u dont want to mess with infections they are deadly if not treated.

I went to the doc today bros - here is what happened:

Typical routine... got lucky and had a Pre-Med PA check me out before my doc came in, she was 22, cutie - and hell - I don't think I've met a PA that is so interested in my workout routine ;-)

Once the doc came in - he said it would need to be drained, so that's what he did. I layed face down - he gave me a nice "half-inch" incision in my left glute, and drained it for about 45 minutes.

I'm now on anti-biotics, and doc reccomended to soak it in a hot bath a couple times a day to let it drain out any remaining fluids and then re-guaze it. Yes - that means keeping the incision open... ouch. They gave me sterile pads in a perscrip bottle to stuff in the wound after soaking so it doesnt heal over.

He said it should go away but wants me to visit him again this Friday.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on everything - one thing for sure is the pain is almost gone, with all that pressure released I can actually sit down now. But the thought of an open half inch cut on my ass is a little weird to think about.

My girlfriend was supportive with everything as well which is good (except for comments on the PA of course). She asked me how often I have to drain my ass, and if it will affect our sex life negatively, lol. Good to have a humorous chick around during this... that's for sure.

Thanks again bros, I'll keep posting about this until it's over... might be helpful to emphasize being extra extra sterile to newbies.

MuX

inevitable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGMuXle
    I went to the doc today bros - here is what happened:

Typical routine... got lucky and had a Pre-Med PA check me out before my doc came in, she was 22, cutie - and hell - I don't think I've met a PA that is so interested in my workout routine ;-)

Once the doc came in - he said it would need to be drained, so that's what he did. I layed face down - he gave me a nice "half-inch" incision in my left glute, and drained it for about 45 minutes.

I'm now on anti-biotics, and doc reccomended to soak it in a hot bath a couple times a day to let it drain out any remaining fluids and then re-guaze it. Yes - that means keeping the incision open... ouch. They gave me sterile pads in a perscrip bottle to stuff in the wound after soaking so it doesnt heal over.

He said it should go away but wants me to visit him again this Friday.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on everything - one thing for sure is the pain is almost gone, with all that pressure released I can actually sit down now. But the thought of an open half inch cut on my ass is a little weird to think about.

My girlfriend was supportive with everything as well which is good (except for comments on the PA of course). She asked me how often I have to drain my ass, and if it will affect our sex life negatively, lol. Good to have a humorous chick around during this... that's for sure.

Thanks again bros, I'll keep posting about this until it's over... might be helpful to emphasize being extra extra sterile to newbies.

MuX
    glad to hear that ur fine.... take care of that hole in ur ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information