ferreira is offline New Member

marines... help with cycle

hello... i'm going to marines in about two and half months, so i'm doing a short cycle... i need a cycle to get more strenght and withought loosing speed and resitence.. thanks

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    You will lose all of your size and strengh within two weeks a boot camp. It would be a waste to do a cycle prior to going. You will just be jeopardizing your health for no benefits. The bottom line is you don't get enough sleep, food, or strength training to keep muscle mass. If you are concerned about not keeping up in training, don't be. The fact is that alot of guys going in are completly out of shape. I am sure that if you are working out now and are realatively young will have no problem keeping up. In fact weight training probably isn't the best way to prepare for boot camp. I would suggest running and running alot. That seems to be the biggest physical obstacle that recruits face.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130nav
    You will lose all of your size and strengh within two weeks a boot camp. It would be a waste to do a cycle prior to going. You will just be jeopardizing your health for no benefits. The bottom line is you don't get enough sleep, food, or strength training to keep muscle mass. If you are concerned about not keeping up in training, don't be. The fact is that alot of guys going in are completly out of shape. I am sure that if you are working out now and are realatively young will have no problem keeping up. In fact weight training probably isn't the best way to prepare for boot camp. I would suggest running and running alot. That seems to be the biggest physical obstacle that recruits face.

Good advice.

I hear the big reason why a lot of army guys get into gear is that they find they can't make progress in the gym because of all the running........So odds are that while you are still in the military, that if you want to pursue your physique goals you will need gear at some point. Use it then; don't now. You havef nothing really to gain from it at this point.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 01-09-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    I bet it would be easy to do a var only cycle while in bootcamp, that way you wont lose any muscle with all the cardio and get alot stronger

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    I would think it would be nearly impossible to do any type of cycle while in boot camp. There is no privacy what so ever. There isn't even stalls for the toliets. It is also common for the DI to tear apart your foot locker and sea bag. I don't think a few hundred pills or some needles would go unmissed. Aslo they pretty much strip search you once you get off the bus so you couldn't bring them with you. That poses the question of how would you get it in. Especially since the DI's open all of your mail before you get it to make sure you don't get any prohibited items.

Shamrock25 is offline New Member
    Bro just my.02 but first of all i wouldnt risk trying a cycle while your in boot camp! Your **** will be getting messed with the whole time, and they love to find recruits with illegal **** in a locker inspection. Then your fubar! My honest opinion, stay natural for the next 2 months til boot and train your ass off mostly running. the other posts are right its difficult to maintain mass with all the running youll be doing, i lost 20 lbs. when i was there. Plus its going to be a great feeling getting stronger naturally as u progress, u dont want to be struggling to be where you were physically when u started boot camp. just my .02 of course!

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

Are you crazy?

I have been in the marines for 13 years (2-YEARS AS A DRILL INSTRUCTOR) and I can not believe you would even consider taking steroids to boot camp. Obviously you have no idea what you are in for. Once you get on that bus you belong to the USMC. What you eat, drink and think will all be determined by the USMC. When you sleep, ****, piss, wash and talk will all be determined by the USMC. Every second of everyday will be accounted for. You will no longer be an individual, you will be just one little recruit trying to survive another day. No disrespect... BUT THIS AINT THE ARMY, NAVY, OR AIR FORCE... IT'S THE MARINES!

If you think you are getting ready to go to summer camp, you better re-think you decision before you leave. You need to start thinking about what it takes to be a marine mentally and physically.... not how you are going to get big or stay big in boot camp. Trust me, if you continue to think that way your ass will spend a lot of time on the quarter-deck and in the sand pit. And during those moments... staying big will be the furthest thing from your mind.

I hope you make it through boot camp and one day I can call you my brother.... but from the way you sound... I highly doubt that will ever happen.

SEMPER FI!
    Last edited by Hawkman44; 01-09-2005 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information