billtrosc is offline New Member

What's best for stopping hair loss

Hi all,
    I am starting a cycle of test e of 500mg/week. I am 33 and don't want to lose my hair faster than it is already going. What are the best things to take with Test to keep me from getting a bunch of hair loss? Does propecia affect muscularity? Thanks for any info on this,

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Probably finasteride, but from what I hear you have to be on it a while to start seeing the results.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billtrosc
    Hi all,
    I am starting a cycle of test e of 500mg/week. I am 33 and don't want to lose my hair faster than it is already going. What are the best things to take with Test to keep me from getting a bunch of hair loss? Does propecia affect muscularity? Thanks for any info on this,
    Best in my opinion is Finasteride + folicure (consists dht combating spray, minoxidil 5%, plus shampoo).....this way you attack all angles of the problem....I had the same question....and decided to do a cycle (havent done yet) of Dbol + test.
    I did a cycle of dbol + deca , and my hair line suffered quite a bit during the cycle (I ended up spending thousands for a hair transplant to fix this), so I asked a bunch of questions on this board plus my own research and concluded the above.
    As far as Finasteride side effects I have not noticed any. Dont buy propecia, buy proscar, and break them into 4's, and save $$. Look deeper into this board, there are a ton of good threads.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Dutasteride is the best on the market right now...It interferes with both 5 A R enzymes that break down test into DHT.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking dutasteride for 6 months now, was on finasteride for 5 years before that - dutasteride is definately more effective - the reduction in DHT prolly has a small negative effect on gains / hardness, but I'd rather take a little longer to reach my goals & still have hair! (ps I'm 33 too)
    I run 0.5mg Dutast ED & use nizoral shampoo EOD
    I found both Finasteride & Dutasteride reduced my libido

chinups Guest
    Best way is to stop the juice. But ur probably not going to do that. Whenever I do a cycle I use nizoral and it seems to work pretty good.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    if u really concern about ur hairloss ,listen to the bros here and take some dutasteride ,its the best and the strongest sh!t for hairloss,i have been taking propecia and minoxodil for about 5 years now and it hold my hair to about 85% but since im taking dutasteride,its very good stuff,i got more hair than ever,its expensive but make sure u get it from the pharmacy with a prescription from u doc,or else u will be spending $250 per 30 pills without a prescription,compare to $100 with one.

scorp is offline Junior Member
    I have used the Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and have experienced great results with that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Dutasteride is the best on the market right now...It interferes with both 5 A R enzymes that break down test into DHT.
    Does finasteride only block one of the 5 alpha reductase enzymes?

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Dutasteride is better that finasteride. Nizoral shampoe helps also. good luck I have been on finasteride for a year and a half decreased libido harder to stay ripped but you can overcome this. ski a great winter

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    so you can take the dutasteride when on the cycle. im going to be doing tren and test i know the tren is hard on the hair. i was thinking of taking somthing for it but was not sure if i could do it when on a cycle.

dutasteride and finasteride both work only with dht conversion,if u take any other gear besides test ,then dutasteride or finasteride will not do sh!it

Quote Originally Posted by kubano28
    dutasteride and finasteride both work only with dht conversion,if u take any other gear besides test ,then dutasteride or finasteride will not do sh!it
    They won't work on compounds that are already DHT derivtives like msteron, winstrol , etc. But they WILL work while taking other compunds that aren't DHT derivatives. Someone lied to you if they said that they only work while taking test.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Does finasteride only block one of the 5 alpha reductase enzymes?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    They won't work on compounds that are already DHT derivtives like msteron, winstrol, etc. But they WILL work while taking other compunds that aren't DHT derivatives. Someone lied to you if they said that they only work while taking test.

well my friend from what i know ,the only gear that produces dht,is called TESTOSTERONE .
    (Dihydrotestosterone, or "DHT", is a hormone byproduct formed by an enzymatic reaction between 5-Alpha-Reductase and testosterone.)
    i MIGHT BE WRONG THO,

well my friend from what i know ,the only gear that produces dht,is called TESTOSTERONE .
    (Dihydrotestosterone, or "DHT", is a hormone byproduct formed by an enzymatic reaction between 5-Alpha-Reductase and testosterone.)
    i MIGHT BE WRONG THO
    You are half wrong / right - Yes DHT will only be formed from test, but other AS can be reduced to their DHT derivative by the 5AR enzymes (Eg Nandrolone -> Dihydronandrolone (DHN), Boldenone -> Dihyroboldenone (DHB))

- 5AR reduces (ie. acts on) lots of AS for example Eq, Nandrolone, Test - so finasteride/dutasteride will affect how these AS are metabolised & therefore may alter their hairloss potential (sometimes for the worse)

I dont think 5AR blockers will have any effect in countering Tren induced hairloss -(from what other people have said / experienced)
    Last edited by Duke of Earl; 01-11-2005 at 08:20 PM.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Revivogen...I have been using it for 1 1/2 years and it not only stopped my hair line form receading but I am starting to grow some hair back. AWSOME SHIIT.

Impossible to say - it's all about your genetics, but I will say that tren has a bad rep for hairloss
    A 5AR blocker should help to some degree, as it will minimise test (->DHT) mediated hairloss.
    If you're really worried about hairloss then I'd drop the tren & bump up the Var to 75mg ED & run it longer, maybe 8-10 weeks (get your liver checked after week 6 or so - I've run var for up to 18 weeks without liver probs)

Thread Information