Question Is Reuseing Needles Can It Be Done Correctly?

MY QUESTION IS ....ONE OF MY BROS SAYS THAT HE REUSES NEEDLE MAYBE 2 OR 3 TIMES...OBVIOUSLY STERILIZING EACH TIME....IS THERE A CORECT WAY TO DO THIS OR DO YOU JUST GET NEW PICS?????

bullram is offline Member
    needles are to cheap to risk an infection by reuse, i have reused a plunger but never a needle.

WarriorWithin is offline New Member
    Jeezuz! Use a NEW pin every time.
    Somewhere on this site, probably more than once, is a picture of a needle tip after it has been used 1, 2,4 and 10 times. The pin dulls with each penetration so re-using is, if nothing else, really painful.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPAPAPUMP77
    MY QUESTION IS ....ONE OF MY BROS SAYS THAT HE REUSES NEEDLE MAYBE 2 OR 3 TIMES...OBVIOUSLY STERILIZING EACH TIME....IS THERE A CORECT WAY TO DO THIS OR DO YOU JUST GET NEW PICS?????
    syringes are cheap. Why take a chance at getting an infection........

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    BUY NEW ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Years ago I would reuse pins a couple times and never got and infection. These days it is just to cheap and easy to get new ones so again why take the risk? I have a buddy that still uses the same pin for days and he knows I'll give him all he needs. I don't get it.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    you have to be a ****ing moron to reuse needles. thats just plain dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Years ago I would reuse pins a couple times and never got and infection. These days it is just to cheap and easy to get new ones so again why take the risk? I have a buddy that still uses the same pin for days and he knows I'll give him all he needs. I don't get it.

That is just STUPID to me..

Ive Never Reused Pins....just Thought I Would Post A Question That I Was Unsure Of........im Very Sterile Consious......ive Just Heard Mix Opinions On It.....

MER
    MER is offline Member
    No don't ever reuse needles. Kick down the extra few cents to just use a new syringe and needle.

kafabe is offline Junior Member
    I have reused, only because pins are harder to get than gear around hear. But I recently found a little country pharmacy that will sale you all you want no questions. i used to boil them after I used them then reused them again. But these guys are right you should not do that, but you should not do alot of things. I have a friend who puts them in alcohol after using once, to use again, but says if you leave them in for too longer they will rust, this is why I just boiled my old pins, not the syringe just the needle. I am not telling anyone to do this by no means, just something I had to do, and I had no problems at all. Once I grabbed the one i used to stick in the rubber tops of the gear over and over again and when i jabbed it tore me apart it was so dull. haha

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    The correct way to do it is to take the old pin off the plunger, toss it in the trash and apply a new needle. How much money could one save by reusing an old needle? Surely not enough to cover medical bills if you got an infection. If money is that tight I'd give up sodas or something else.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    In the past I used to reuse them alot, b/c where I was getting them they would cost 2-4$ each, (not anymore)..I used to reuse them until I couldn't push them in..
    to answer your question can you do this? yes, you may run a higher risk of infection but you can use them more than once. obviously i would suggest using a new one each time. but if your bro is going to reuse them then tell him to use a draw needle and then an injection one, this will help from the injection needle getting dull. you also dont have to sterilize each time you use it, its going back into the same body, now this doesn't mean that you can go rolling it around the floor, as long as you dont touch anything with the needle besides the injection, and put it back into the cap, he should be fine. I was never a fan of boiling, didnt seem clean to me.
    again the BEST thing to do is get a new one each time, and play it safe

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Heres something that may help you decide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Reuseing Needles Can It Be Done Correctly?-needle2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Heres something that may help you decide.

That is a killer post PRIME... I never saw those pics..

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Ya beat me to it prime... good info there

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getinbig
    Yeah, good post PRIME.

This one isnt anywhere near as nasty but it shows just how disfigured a needle can get. I certianly diddnt realise how messed up a needle gets after just one use. I think its safe to say a needle should be used only once.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Reuseing Needles Can It Be Done Correctly?-needle.jpg  

Ive Never Reused Pins....just Thought I Would Post A Question That I Was Unsure Of........im Very Sterile Consious......ive Just Heard Mix Opinions On It.....
    It never hurts to ask a question. It's unfortunate that sometimes you run the risk of being called a stupid ****ing moron for doing so. I guess some people are born with the wealth of knowledge that the rest of us aren't gifted with. Yes reusing pins is unwise and unnecessary but there will always be people that are unprepared before their cycle starts and will keep reusing needles.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 01-10-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    It never hurts to ask a question. It's unfortunate that sometimes you run the risk of being called a stupid ****ing moron for doing so. I guess some people are born with the wealth of knowledge that the rest of us aren't gifted with.
    I think you've missunderstood. If you are referring to getinbigs comment then he was referring to your freinds choosing to re-use needles when he diddnt need to. Perhaps you took offense to the terms stupid Maybe he should have used a less evocative word like foolish or reckless?

Yes, I know what getinbig meant but I was not trying to single out his reply.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getinbig
    They are in the thread I posted

Good Pic Prime.......i Thinking Of It Def. Diferently Know.... As For Being A F**king Moron.........dont Think So....

Thread Information