Iceburn is offline New Member

I'm 20, thinking about trying steroids

I have a source now, so I was wondering about potential side effects. I have a large frame (6'2"), so I'm not worried about it stunting my growth (even though I might still have another 1/2 inch left in me, I don't really care...). What I'm wondering about is whether it affects voice deepening. I've read that the larynx develops until your mid 20s. If anabolics close growth plates, wouldn't that prevent you from reaching your maximal voice depth? Any feedback would be welcome. I'm curious whether bodybuilders have lower or higher voices than average. Of course, these observations would be anecdotal, but any such observations would be welcome.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Testosterone mainly affects the vioce (deepening) in women,.

p.s. -growth plates are in bones, not the voice box. So it will not affect how deep a persons voice is.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    My best advice to you is wait atleast a couple of years. The reason for this is once you start using you will do it for ever trust me. Unless of cource you have serious side affects or connot aford it. To answer your question though I think my voice was not affected to my knowledge, maybe a little higher. If you were going to cycle what do you have in mind a cutter or bulker. Let me know Iceburn?

Cutter. Anavar , specifically. You think it may have made your voice a little higher? I have a deep voice, but it has deepened quite a bit more over the past two years, and I'm wondering if I can wring out a bit more sexiness before I start roids, if roids do indeed make your voice higher/keep it from reaching maximal deepness. I know it's completely a dumb vanity thing, but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceburn
    Cutter. Anavar, specifically. You think it may have made your voice a little higher? I have a deep voice, but it has deepened quite a bit more over the past two years, and I'm wondering if I can wring out a bit more sexiness before I start roids, if roids do indeed make your voice higher/keep it from reaching maximal deepness. I know it's completely a dumb vanity thing, but hey...
    Did you not read my post? I have read some studies about steroids deepening your voice, but at your age I don't think it will. Also, that is a concern mainly for women taking test as virilizing affects can occur with exogenous use. And growth plates are in reference to bone size, in this regard there is no correlation to the voice box.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    If 'dumb-Vanity' will stop you from doing roids early... then hey...it's a better reason than none.
    Honestly, there are members here that did use gear early. Of those members..i'm sure that at least half is sorry then started early.
    If you're 'just thinking about it'...continue 'just thinkign about it'.

Why? I've reached maturity. If you can fire me some reasons I shouldn't, please be my guest. I'd be willing to take into account some of the negatives of steroid use at my age you can offer me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceburn
    Why? I've reached maturity. If you can fire me some reasons I shouldn't, please be my guest. I'd be willing to take into account some of the negatives of steroid use at my age you can offer me.
    WEll how much do you weigh? Have you built a solid base? Is diet/training in check? @ 6'2" you should weigh well above 200 considering you have a solid base. It would be easier to give you solid reasons if you provide more stats.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i started when i was 19 and i wish i waited! i didnt shlt when i started, if i knew then wut i know now i woulda waited till i was 23 or so. just get educated on it and go from there.
    as for the voice getting deeper i think it mainly happens in woman like stated above. i wouldnt worry about that.

Maturity as far as natural test goes is not reached @ 20 years of age. At 20, you are still at an all time high. Maybe "maturity" can be reaches at mid to late 20's, when natural test starts to drop.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Do your research on all the drugs to see what is best for your goals. I see nothing wrong with of running gear at your age. How long have you been lifting?

3 years exactly. I'm at 205. Have I reached my natural potential? No. I'm not really too concerned with the things I'm going to be starting on. Anavar is pretty lightweight, and I'm not even going to be stacking for the first two or so weeks (to see what sides I get from Anavar alone). If it works out, I'll stack a low dose of test on top, but I want to keep the roid doses pretty low. I have a tendency toward acne and genetics for baldness. I don't need to accelerate it. Yes, I'm quite aware of all the risks involved.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosepellet
    My best advice to you is wait atleast a couple of years. The reason for this is once you start using you will do it for ever trust me. Unless of cource you have serious side affects or connot aford it. To answer your question though I think my voice was not affected to my knowledge, maybe a little higher. If you were going to cycle what do you have in mind a cutter or bulker. Let me know Iceburn?
    Thats alot like telling a kid this is the best candy in the whole world, but you shouldn't have it....

Iceburn, if you have done as much research as you should have before considering roids, you would also know that at 20 years old you are producing as much test as your body is capable of producing naturally. Unless you have trained for years and have reached a plateau that you cannot pass. (wich I doubt) Only you can determine if your ready or not... I would definately soak up as much info as you can before making this decision.. Good luck.

ace ventura is offline Member
    Deleted
    Last edited by ace ventura; 01-09-2005 at 05:54 PM.

ace ventura is offline Member
    Is the fact that the body produces much test naturally at age 20 a really good reason not to juice? Why? What's the most important reason not to juice untill a plateau is reached? Do you big guys say that just because you did work so hard to reach the plateau yourself? (Not trying to be a dick, just wondering).

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    As you can see the question of whether or not to use at any age is a personal choice and will alway be debated. If you are asking it, it is unlikely you are ready. You should understand that diet above all else will determine your success. And, at 20 it is unlikely that you have determined exactly what works best for you nutritionally. Work diligently on your diet over the next couple of years, then decide whether or not moving over to the dark side is best for you.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Dude, you can do it at 20. The main reason is maturity, not body type. Seems like a lot of people are concerned about 'weight' and stuff before you do the cycle. If you have a killer bulking diet set up, an excellent routine, enough money for food, and the right cycle, you should be good to go. Just know 100% what your getting into, and that you have a reliable source too...

I have everything down pretty square. Macronutrient ratios, caloric intake (though I'm still adjusting that every once in a while to keep the ****ing fat down), micronutrients, supplementation, etc. I know what kinds of fats to take in, when to eat protein, pre-workout nutrition, post-workout nutrition, plenty of money, etc. I have the know-how to get this **** straight.

My only worry is MPB and acne, but I'm making certain to only hit up only mildly androgenic steroids at first to avoid this kind of thing. If I tolerate, I'm going to kick it up. If not, since I'm only in this for the cosmetic side (my body already seems in the top 1% at my university; gets bitches like no other), I can hedge on the safer stuff like Anavar or pro-hormones like 19-nordiol. I won't claim to know everything about this stuff, but I know quite enough to handle a first cycle of experimentation. If that's the real concern, that is.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, guys.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I am 20 to bud.. I am going to wait though! I have done 1-ad and 1-tu. 1-tu left me with severely messed up tendons in both elbows. Physio has told me that it is common among young people who use roids or PH's. Also man at our age the test is flowing through the body like a MOFO. I would not do those PH's again thats for sure. Also it is recommended for your first cycle to do Test only. Also. IMO what you gain with roids at our age you can lose just as easy.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    I suggest you read these boards for a while and just gain a lot of info. It will really help you in the long run. As for the age, 20 is ok imo as long as you are mature enough. But if you really are not too sure whether you should take them or not, then I would wait a while.

Thread Information