PADDLER is offline Associate Member

***MILITARY PERSONAL ..New drug testing! HELP***

ok so i just got notified that the government is banning andro along with 13 other type of supplements. and was mention that the urnine analysis is now also going to be testing for roids as well. this is all goin in effect on the 20th of january. Now are they testing for anabolic steroids as well or just the components of androstenione? any knowledge on this new banning and drug screening system is NEEDED. Oh yeah this goes for all of the DoD. (military for everyone else)

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member

dude that is older stuff. i know they use to not test it but pres. bush passed a law in nov. that is banning andro and now it is a level 3 controled substance. and i am wondering if they are uping the ante and testing for aas now. bump. more help if you know please.

D-Paul is offline Junior Member
    I am also in the military. I know for a fact that won't happen. It is way to expensive to test all samples for the juice. The only way they will test you is if they have a reason to. It is a totally seperate test and just because they are making andro illegal doesn't mean they will test for it. Hell roids have been illegal for ever and they didn't test for it. Hope I helped!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro they were telling us back in 94' they tested for juice and they were not

I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member
    Just took a piss test last Fri and I'll keep ya in the loop. However I doubt that there testing. If that's the case alot of guys would be sh*ting there pants.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    From what I understand, the ban doesn't go into effect until Jan 20th, so you're still ok. I would highly doubt they test for andro let alone steroids for that matter.

mmhhmm is offline Junior Member
    i'am also in the military the will not test for roids. way to expensive. only way of really getting caught is if they are found on u, and ur command suspects u are using. currently have many friends on roids and have been tested on them nothing ever happened. don't sweat it they just try to scare u...u know how it is

stec is offline Junior Member
    in other words, you have nothing to worry about unless you are blabbing to everyone about your personal life.

I-WISH-A-MF-WOULD is offline Associate Member
    I just caled a few substance abuse councilors and they policy is still the same. THey'll test if they have probable cause.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Testing for all known aas would be very expensive and is generally only used in professional sports and the olympics

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i don't think they are testing all for aas, but i am taking my dod physical on friday and will let you all know for sure, i hope they are not

alright thanks everyone that helped. I also got with some fellow gear'ers out here and everyone is freaking. This is the deal they are testing for ANDRO now and it is now an illegal drug (jan 20th)

HERE IS THE NEW QUESTION=
    when they test for andro, does any roids have the same **** in them that would make me pop for andro? in know that it is not even close to the same thing but are there similar components of andro that are in juice (deca /cyp/eq) that would make you pop?

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    andro is getting ban on the 20th. The military's urinalysis works like this. a regular test-test for 3 things(thc,methaphetamines,cant remember the 3rd). there's a certain level you can have in your system.for example say you have been smoking pot and they found traces in your system, well if its under the mandated level your ok. well, say you fail a test, they retest your piss for a 2nd time. if you fail again, they test you for more substances. the only way as of now for testing for AAS is either if your under investigation or commander's referral. The reason i know this is my buddy who is in the military (AF) works in the lab..gave me the down-low on it. and effective JAN 1 for 100% of all AF members between the ranks of E1-E4 will be tested sometime this year and from the ranks of E5-E9 65% of them will be tested.--basically keep it on the low when your on the sauce, dont do recreation drugs cause your asking for trouble.

those stats on the percentage for each rank. is that 100% e1-e4 are going to be tested for aas, or just a piss test?

stryker is offline Junior Member
    100% tested is what he is saying. Not 100% for AAS. Also if you are command directed to do a piss test you will not get in trouble. It has to be a random urinalysis for them to take further steps to kick you out. At least this is the way the AF works. If you doubt me then pick up a PFE it is right in there.

ok just found out. this is it. they are adding aas to the standard drug test in the military. if i have been mislead then let me know if you know diferent. but the steroid control act 2004 is making it mandatory for DoD members to be test for aas in every piss test.

Where did you hear or read this at.

saco officer (drug testing officer in the military).

Do you thinking he was pulling your leg or what. That is kinda crazy they would pay that extra money for something that less than.5% of the military is taking.

have no clue but it is definately a concern on base here. post a new thread alerting others and see what you come up with. i'm just as concerned

I am searching for the control act on the internet and have not really found anything related to military testing for AAS. I will keep searching.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    i don't know about that bro,, maybe the testing guy says that to scare any curious potential aas users into not using.. as mentioned above,, that would be very costly for the govt. and i'm sure they have other financial priorities.

That is what I am thinking. But I have been wrong before. I wish there was some truth out there we could find so we could sleep better at night. We could just quit using but that would be to easy

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    Paddler- got any more info on weather the army is testing or not, i got my test on friday, and you got me worried

it all starts on jan 20th and it states that there is a 60 day grace period. so all tests after that time should have aas in them. BUT FIND OUT!!! this also goes for ALL military.

Ok here is what I dug up from the THE MILITARY COMMANDER AND THE LAW 7TH ADDITION 2004. Steroid testing can be conducted through command-directed
    consensual, or probable cause searches. So that says nothing about randomly testing for AAS. Now I dont know if there is an amendment to this or not. This is for the AF. I will contine searching

thanks bump.

Here is something else I dug up. It will tell you all the steps along the way and what a DOD lab can test for.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...ldrugtests.htm

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Command directive only... They are more worried about some guy getting smoked up and hurting someone than some musclehead...

Thread Information