Todd25 is offline New Member

Red face Possible Problem - Pain in quad

I did a shot of Cyp in my quad on Sunday and since this I have developed a red rash problem with my skin about 5 inches around the injection area. What do I do. It is slightly painful to the touch, like a bruise or something. Please consult ASAP, I have never had a problem like this before.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    could be an infection

so should I go to the doctor or just ride it out a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd25
    so should I go to the doctor or just ride it out a few more days.
    dont know but it sounds like an infection
    that never happened to me

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    did you use anything to clean the area before ? did you use a new needle and also sanitize it? rubbing alcohol ?

red rash sounds like an infection if it is sore also.

try massaging the area for couple minutes , pushing skin back and forth.

if nothing, go to the doctor.

it hs never happened to me either that is the problem. I always am very sterile about what I do and use new needles every time.

it might just be sore bro did it hurt when u injected maybe u hit a nerve u would feel it if u did

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same thing bro, it looked like a red spider web under my skin and hurt like hell....it went away after about 5 days, that's why I don't do thigh injections anymore

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Infections will eventually get warm to the touch...my bet is that it is just irritated

rsmihula is offline Associate Member

infection

infection bro

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro keep tabs on it - if you start to run a fever or it continues to spread go to ER and see a Doc ASAP

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmihula
    infection bro
    how can you be so sure.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd25
    I did a shot of Cyp in my quad on Sunday and since this I have developed a red rash problem with my skin about 5 inches around the injection area. What do I do. It is slightly painful to the touch, like a bruise or something. Please consult ASAP, I have never had a problem like this before.
    This is what happens to be everytime I get a glute injection. Thigh lately has been rough on me but never as bad as glutes. Some people develop a spot on their body they just cannot tollerate injections at. For me the glute is worst, thigh gets sore and rashy but its way better then what happens at the delt or glute. Others tollerate the glute better and thigh less... it just happens, everyone is a little different and our bodies really dont like this raw vegetable oil stuff we keep injecting into our muscles. You are bound to get some kind of unhappy reaction to these foriegn materials being forced into your muscles (ala injection of oil based steroids ).

To be more precise to your question: You have described what happens when your oil based injection leaks out of the muscle into your adipose tissue or fatty layer between muscle and skin. If you are over injecting your quads and building scar tissue, as this happens more and more of your injection will leak out into this area and it causes generally knotting up and a full week of pain and difficulty walking. This can happen to any over injected muscle or if you are not injecting deep enough. I read of people using 5/8 needles to inject 2.5 CC's into their quads then wondering why the knot up, etc.. its because too much material is leaking out of the muscle. Its painful but eventually the oil breaks down and is metabolised, testosteone or steroid payload makes its delivery but its painful in most places over then in the muscle.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 01-13-2005 at 10:39 AM.

well I am a paranoid person so I went to the doc and got some antibiotics just incase of infection. thanks for al the info though. appreciate it.

Thread Information