n8or is offline Junior Member

is doggcrapp a good program while on juice?

i use this program, and i like it very much.. its 3 times a week.. and it worked well before, just wondering if its the best program while on roids, any suggst?

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member
    what is doggcrapp other than the literal definition?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    DC is a good program anytime - juice just helps the process

ceasar - do a search

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Doggcrapp training is good for a shock to the system, but not something I would implement for longer than 4 weeks at most. You have different muscle fibers that respond to different amounts of reps. Progressive overload is ultimately the rule to follow if you want to grow like a bodybuilder. One heavy set, and only a 3 day week for working out would make me atrophy down to a Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen.

seanw is offline Banned
    For those who dont know what Doggcrapp is http://www.ironmag.com/articles/trai...ing_manual.htm

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestrm
    Doggcrapp training is good for a shock to the system, but not something I would implement for longer than 4 weeks at most. You have different muscle fibers that respond to different amounts of reps. Progressive overload is ultimately the rule to follow if you want to grow like a bodybuilder. One heavy set, and only a 3 day week for working out would make me atrophy down to a Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen.
    Have you ever tried DC training, or just claim to know what you're talking about? Not flaming but it sounds like you don't know much about it. According to studies from the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Doing one set of weight training was just as effective as doing three sets. So basically 1 working set is sufficient assuming intensity is high enough.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    I did it for 5 weeks and like it alot... got alot stronger, but then i went back to my old 5 day a week routine because my partner stopped doing it and its hard to do by yourself.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I switch between Max OT style twisted and DC. DC is good for 5 weeks here and there.

yo

ye i know what im talkin about, just didnt wanna explain it all, takes too long,
    but ye boggdrapp worked grgeat when i was of juice too, got stronger for everytime. just ate like hell. the only downside is that to be able to increase every time u have to eat so much food. of course u gain a lot of weight from this, not just muscles....

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Have you ever tried DC training, or just claim to know what you're talking about? Not flaming but it sounds like you don't know much about it. According to studies from the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Doing one set of weight training was just as effective as doing three sets. So basically 1 working set is sufficient assuming intensity is high enough.
    Do you make up what you state or just make claims? I have articles from the ACSM that state the exact opposite! If you know much about muscle form, function, and fibers, you would know that you need more than one max set to stimulate muscle growth. Nobody only has slow twitch muscle fibers, therefore you need more than one set if your goal is to look like a bodybuilder. If you are just looking for strength, or your goal is to have assistance with your one max set, that is fine.
    Even Dorian Yates did more than one set. And his training style is basically what DC is copying. It's just that Dorians training style required warm up sets. And he only counted his ONE heavy set as the actual workout. It was basically pyramiding.

kafabe is offline Junior Member
    I love trying new workout programs, but when i am on the gear I do not feel like I would be satisfied after this program when leaving the gym. It takes me 5 or 6 chest exercises to finally burn the muscle out. My favorite way is to work my way up to a weight i can do for 6 sets of 2 reps, then the next week i go for 6 sets of 3, then 6x4 then 6x5 then 6x6. My strength goes out the roof, After that i just redo the weights and start back at 6x2 again. I start every muscle group with one major movement and follow that routine, then the rest of the movements i just do 3 to 4 sets of 6 to 12 reps. it works for me. but everyone is different. plus i enjoy being in the gym for a few hours, it is the one place where my mind is clear and i am relaxed. That program seems like it could be done in 30 to 40 minutes.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I believe DC does some easy warm up sets as well but only counts the main one

yo

pyramiding, is just what it is, and no u dont need more than one rest set ..
    trust me i have gained more with this set than any other,, and belive u get burned out.. u dont need more sets. u just have to do it proper. do it with a 4sek negativ. dont cheat and i swear u will feel it for days...
    i worked out today and i used this program... it took me 1,50min+ pluss cardio with of course is optional

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrm
    Do you make up what you state or just make claims? I have articles from the ACSM that state the exact opposite! If you know much about muscle form, function, and fibers, you would know that you need more than one max set to stimulate muscle growth. Nobody only has slow twitch muscle fibers, therefore you need more than one set if your goal is to look like a bodybuilder. If you are just looking for strength, or your goal is to have assistance with your one max set, that is fine.
    Even Dorian Yates did more than one set. And his training style is basically what DC is copying. It's just that Dorians training style required warm up sets. And he only counted his ONE heavy set as the actual workout. It was basically pyramiding.
    If you knew anything about DC style training, you would know that he incorporates warm up sets ALSO. Maybe you should read more before you post. DC does warm up sets, and ONLY counts the ONE work-set. When I get home and I have my MD magazine copy, I will post the citation from the ACSM to back my "claim". I would suggest you do a little more research, as it has been shown that 1 working set (provided there is enough intensity) is sufficient for muscle growth. Of course three sets are more intense, but requires more rest time. Whereas the 1 working set has enough intensity to trigger muscle growth, but allows you to train the body part more often.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    For those who dont know what Doggcrapp is http://www.ironmag.com/articles/trai...ing_manual.htm

Thanks for the refernce point. skia great winter

kaorialfred is offline Member
    he said "crap"

he, heh, he,
    sorry I just can see the stares when someone ask what type of training are you doing and you say "dog crapp"
    I have read the article and will try it sometime this year. It looks pretty challenging.

hehe

hehe, sorry i do know a lot about dc, but i am having a hard time explaning it, since its not in my language .. but still.. of course if u know somthing i dont, plz let me know. im just trying to get the most muscle possible out of my work outs.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    DC sounds really interesting, i think ill try it

yo

Quote Originally Posted by aXe

so wut ur saying is that u mean that dc is a good workout program??
    thats just as good as any other or better??

Stout1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n8or
    It is an AWESOME work out plan. What he has posted around the boards is just his routine. If you want the FULL DEAL you pay DC $500 for 2 months of training and you get the whole enchilada. Basically he sets you up on his eating guidelines and goes over his program in a little bit more detail.

And for the people that say DC doesnt work, have you ever tried it? From what I have read above it sure doesnt look like it.

Cuz I have been doing some DC training the last 3 weeks. Tell me why I am putting on 10-15lbs per lift on chest, deadlift every week? Why am I adding 5lbs or 2reps on my arms and shoulders EVERY week if this doesnt work???

BTW: I am doing this clean. So all this improvements are from a CLEAN trainee and eating alot and healthy !!!

promiscio is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stout1
    It is an AWESOME work out plan. What he has posted around the boards is just his routine. If you want the FULL DEAL you pay DC $500 for 2 months of training and you get the whole enchilada. Basically he sets you up on his eating guidelines and goes over his program in a little bit more detail.

And for the people that say DC doesnt work, have you ever tried it? From what I have read above it sure doesnt look like it.

Cuz I have been doing some DC training the last 3 weeks. Tell me why I am putting on 10-15lbs per lift on chest, deadlift every week? Why am I adding 5lbs or 2reps on my arms and shoulders EVERY week if this doesnt work???

BTW: I am doing this clean. So all this improvements are from a CLEAN trainee and eating alot and healthy !!!

Thats pretty incredible... So in three weeks your chest strength has increased by 30-45#s?

promiscio is offline Member
    I am about to start this DC program next week. It makes sense to me and would be nice to get in and out in an hour since I work sooo much...

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I tried it & liked it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by n8or
    Yes it's good. I'm a firm believer that there is no ONE program better than all others. YOu must try them out and stick with the best one for you. But to answer your question, yes it is a good program.

Stout1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by promiscio
    Thats pretty incredible... So in three weeks your chest strength has increased by 30-45#s?
    Lemme grab my log book and see the actual #'s. And remember when you bomb out on an exercise (thats when you dont add at least 5lbs or 2-3 reps you move on to a new one, when you come back to that excercise you will obviously be weaker but you should blow past that mark and pick up again)

Here is just a lil bit of my log book:

12/27
    Hammer Strenth Incline
    RP: 160lbs...12 X 5 X 4

Dumbell Overhead Press
    RP: 80lbs...10 X 6 X 4 *note* I didnt do these after this date, my shoulder has been hurting so I quit the shoulders for a lil bit*

Skull Crushers
    RP: 70lbs....10 X 6 X 4

Rear Lat Pull Down
    RP: 110lbs....10 x 6 x 5

Deadlifts (floor)
    255 X 8 285 X 4

01/03/05

Hammer Stength Incline
    RP: 170lbs...14 X 6 X 4

French Press
    RP: 75lbs...14 x 6 x 4

Rear Lat Pulldown
    RR: 120lbs....11 x 6 x 5

Deads
    275 x 9 300 x 3 *note* grip slipped on this one, I had another rep in me

If you have problems understanding my log book and want to know more about DC training read this link and it will answer your questions
    I cant go over it all cuz it is such an EXTENSIVE deal. But if you want to read his stuff here it is.

http://members.shaw.ca/irondog/dcmanual.pdf

Thread Information