goalkeeper is offline Junior Member

Help..I need to get back into the gym

OK guys, as some of you know, i have really lacked the motivation to go to the gym. I have been off gear for about 7 1/2 months, and have lost about 20 pounds, as well as a lot of strength.

The question is, should I start taking a little bit of gear (or a lot) for motivation and then go back? Most everyone I talk to says that you shoudl go back to the gym first them start the gear, but at this rate, i may never go back...

suggestions?

Thanks,
    GK

Scooby1 is offline Member
    I had the same problem!! It seems to happen always around this time of the year. try this~ take a picture of yourself. Really. Take a few. Keep one on your refriderator(sp), one on the bathroom mirror, and the other where you will see it. Then set a gaol or a date with goals of where you want to be(ie. 1, 2, 3 months from now) wirte them down and put them next to your picture. Look at this when you wake up, before you go to sleep, and especally before you go grocery shopping! If you actually do this, remember that you need to TRAIN to achieve your goals, and that means going to the gym. If you don't eat right and train you WILL continue on a downward spirial liek you have already said you are. -HERE ARE YOUR CHOICES- THRIVE or SURVIVE! your life in every aspect is better when you are happy with yourself. From what I read above you ARE NOT. Do this and begin progressing in life again!

-I hope you take this to heart.-

bmgsxr is offline Associate Member
    Wrong forum this is the LAB forum....

But go back to the gym before you even think about taking gear again...
    Last edited by bmgsxr; 01-10-2005 at 03:16 PM.

djboots is offline Associate Member
    well this is the wrong forum but since were on the topic i have the same problem this time of year you just get busy during x-mas then there all that food and sweets around and you just lose your way. not sure about 7 1/2 months tho you just need to get right mentally and get you ass up and GO!!! i do fid it easeier to go when on juice so if that is the only thing that will work go for it but, save that for last resort.

good luck

ridinsolo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby122884
    I had the same problem!! It seems to happen always around this time of the year. try this~ take a picture of yourself. Really. Take a few. Keep one on your refriderator(sp), one on the bathroom mirror, and the other where you will see it. Then set a gaol or a date with goals of where you want to be(ie. 1, 2, 3 months from now) wirte them down and put them next to your picture. Look at this when you wake up, before you go to sleep, and especally before you go grocery shopping! If you actually do this, remember that you need to TRAIN to achieve your goals, and that means going to the gym. If you don't eat right and train you WILL continue on a downward spirial liek you have already said you are. -HERE ARE YOUR CHOICES- THRIVE or SURVIVE! your life in every aspect is better when you are happy with yourself. From what I read above you ARE NOT. Do this and begin progressing in life again!

-I hope you take this to heart.-
    wow great advice bro. i've been kinda having the same problem lately, and although it wasn't directed at me personally, i took that to heart and it helped me to get motivated again. Thanks for the good words.

-Frankie

Scooby1 is offline Member
    No problem. I honestly hope that all that read this follow through and ake the pictures. Those little snapshots are more motivation than anything I have yet to come across.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinsolo
    wow great advice bro. i've been kinda having the same problem lately, and although it wasn't directed at me personally, i took that to heart and it helped me to get motivated again. Thanks for the good words.

-Frankie

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by goalkeeper
    OK guys, as some of you know, i have really lacked the motivation to go to the gym. I have been off gear for about 7 1/2 months, and have lost about 20 pounds, as well as a lot of strength.

The question is, should I start taking a little bit of gear (or a lot) for motivation and then go back? Most everyone I talk to says that you shoudl go back to the gym first them start the gear, but at this rate, i may never go back...

suggestions?

Thanks,
    GK
    no dont, muscle memory is a great thing. you run a higher chance for injury if you do also.

watch a good Rocky movie. that usually does it for me

Thread Information