newbrew is offline Senior Member

3000/day calories enough @ 185 pounds?

This should probably be in the diet section, so feel free to move it.

Think 3000 calories is enough at 185pounds? Looking at roughly 40/40/20% breakdown - carbs/protein/fat

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    To do what?

Bulk, no, at that weight, 400-4200, 350carb, 350 protein

For a slight weight gain, 3K is ok........

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    To maintain your weight yeah..

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    This should probably be in the diet section, so feel free to move it.

Think 3000 calories is enough at 185pounds? Looking at roughly 40/40/20% breakdown - carbs/protein/fat

YOU are the ONLY one who can ANSWER this question.

We do not know how much you eat now.
    We do not know your daily activities.
    We do not know how fast your metaboism is.

Two people at 185 can eat the same meals for a week and both have very different results. One could lose weight on 3000 calories while the other could gain 20 lbs.

This should be common sense: Write down what you eat each day for a week. Add up the daily calories. Add up the weekly calories. Divide weekly by 7 and that is your average daily calorie intake. If you arent gaining weight off your weekly meals, then INCREASE YOUR FOOD.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    lol post whore j/k

bermich is right. only u can tell how your body reacts.

hey bro am a hard gainer an i can eat 3000 a day and lose weight, tryto aim for 6000/a day. this usually works for me, is hard work though

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    YOU are the ONLY one who can ANSWER this question.

We do not know how much you eat now.
    We do not know your daily activities.
    We do not know how fast your metaboism is.

Two people at 185 can eat the same meals for a week and both have very different results. One could lose weight on 3000 calories while the other could gain 20 lbs.

This should be common sense: Write down what you eat each day for a week. Add up the daily calories. Add up the weekly calories. Divide weekly by 7 and that is your average daily calorie intake. If you arent gaining weight off your weekly meals, then INCREASE YOUR FOOD.

nice bermy! good point!

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    holy sh1t - 6000 cal a day - is all you do eat??

This is my usual bulking diet
    7:00am -a high calorie shake at least 1250 cals lots of carb(i prefer mammouth 2500)
    10:00am -protien shake or 200g-chicken breast
    12:30pm-pasta dish /jacket/tuna or somethin similar
    4:00pm-half measure mammouth
    straight after gym another mammouth
    8:00-meal and protien shake
    one last mammouth before bed
    Then start over again the next day, this never fails to work for me, but were all different

thats what it feels like, but you gotta eat big to be big!

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by isit cause i is big!
    This is my usual bulking diet
    7:00am -a high calorie shake at least 1250 cals lots of carb(i prefer mammouth 2500)
    10:00am -protien shake or 200g-chicken breast
    12:30pm-pasta dish /jacket/tuna or somethin similar
    4:00pm-half measure mammouth
    straight after gym another mammouth
    8:00-meal and protien shake
    one last mammouth before bed
    Then start over again the next day, this never fails to work for me, but were all different
    No offence bro but it doesnt look to me as if you have enough "food" in your diet and is made up mainly by shakes. But if that works for you then I suppose it could save you a load of money. Is mammouth the name of the shake ? if so where can i get some ~?

ye bro its mammouth 2500 and is the best stuff by far for gains, al get you a link now, i know what you mean bout the food but when i do eat which is usually 3 times a day i eat till no more will go in!

Sorry. The weight gainers that claim 2500 calories per serving are full of shlt.
    My WG says 3500 max on it but if you READ the fine print, it says, 3500 calories PER DAY and says 3 servings per day. So that is only around 1100 calories per shake.

Also, the serving size usually consists of FOUR SCOOPS of powder to 4 cups of milk.

Shlt, I could make a weight gainer that says MEGA COLLOSAL 10,000 calorie.
    But then the serving size is 15 heaping scoops per serving.

Anyway. Back to the point. Dont rely on shakes as your MAIN calorie intake. Consider them as a suppliment.
    Weight gainer shakes do help a lot though if you stick with em and dont mind getting a slight belly.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by isit cause i is big!
    hey bro am a hard gainer an i can eat 3000 a day and lose weight, tryto aim for 6000/a day. this usually works for me, is hard work though
    6000 is alot, i too dont grow unless i eat alot. 4000kcal will have some effect. 4500 and up works great for me, but i feel like i want to puke almost constantly, my stomach is always upset and rumbling, i **** 3 times a day minimum. Ah i love my chosen sport I expect im not alone either

Sorry. The weight gainers that claim 2500 calories per serving are full of shlt.
    My WG says 3500 max on it but if you READ the fine print, it says, 3500 calories PER DAY and says 3 servings per day. So that is only around 1100 calories per shake.

Also, the serving size usually consists of FOUR SCOOPS of powder to 4 cups of milk.

Shlt, I could make a weight gainer that says MEGA COLLOSAL 10,000 calorie.
    But then the serving size is 15 heaping scoops per serving.

Anyway. Back to the point. Dont rely on shakes as your MAIN calorie intake. Consider them as a suppliment.
    Weight gainer shakes do help a lot though if you stick with em and dont mind getting a slight belly.
    serious mass by ON is a good bulking powder. its carbs come from maltodextrin not dextrose.

Isit cause I is big you not even eating food!!! Try getting 5000+ calories in with real food and see what kind of results you get.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I know eat'n beef chicken brown rice brocolli and hitting 6200 cals last winter was a full time job

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    somebody told me UP YOUR MASS is good. never tried from experience, but i heard it was. they got it at gnc

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont shop gnc there is way better companies out there than to waste your money there imo

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends if you're on a cycle or not.

Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories to put on a pound of muscle -so if you're going for two pounds a week you need 1000 extra cals a day OVER your normal intake.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat real food

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    ya bro, i agree. gnc's prices r way too high, & u can get the same stuff at other places. it's just that gnc's where my friend got that stuff. he doesn't juice or nothin & he put on a lotta weight with that

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I think it depends if you're on a cycle or not.

Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories to put on a pound of muscle -so if you're going for two pounds a week you need 1000 extra cals a day OVER your normal intake.

You need to stop reading weight gainer disclaimers.... This is SO VERY NOT TRUE.
    I read the SAME EXACT THING on one of the websites about a pound of muscle a day. Once again, it depends on the person. 3500 calories a day for 1 pound of muscle is such bogus bullshlt and people buy into it.
    Anyway. Enough of that.

Just keep eating til you start gaining.

You need to stop reading weight gainer disclaimers.... This is SO VERY NOT TRUE.
    I read the SAME EXACT THING on one of the websites about a pound of muscle a day. Once again, it depends on the person. 3500 calories a day for 1 pound of muscle is such bogus bullshlt and people buy into it.
    Anyway. Enough of that.

Just keep eating til you start gaining.

This "bogus bull****" comes from Sports Exercise and Nutrition by William McArdle which is a standard textbook in its field, page 459.

"About 700 to 1000 extra kcal per day supports a weekly .5 to 1 kg gain in lean tissue and training energy requirements."

1 kg = 2.2lbs. This is rounded off by most to 3500 cal/week = one pound muscle.

And by the way I've never read a "weight gainer disclaimer" in my life. Also if you read what I said initially I said nothing about gaining "a pound a day".

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock75
    holy sh1t - 6000 cal a day - is all you do eat??
    My intake now is at 6000 cals also until feb1 then it all starts to change as competitions follow soon after. Another question that needs to be answered is if he is on any aas he may need a much higher caloric intake to feed the positive nitrogen balance he may be in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    My intake now is at 6000 cals also until feb1 then it all starts to change as competitions follow soon after. Another question that needs to be answered is if he is on any aas he may need a much higher caloric intake to feed the positive nitrogen balance he may be in.
    is that a clean 6000? if it is how do you find the time in the day to eat that much clean food?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    is that a clean 6000? if it is how do you find the time in the day to eat that much clean food?
    I'm a chef

You really want to know how you do it?? I have done bulking diets like this many times.
    You have to prepare the next days food the day before. Wether it is steak,chicken,eggs,beef pattys,veggies..ect. You make everything at one time.Then you get some containers for your food and some shaker bottles for your protein,weight gainer, supplements what ever they are. And then you get some reusable ice packs and a small cooler to take to work. You refreeze the ice packs every night and take at least 4 meals to work with you every day.

It helps if you make things in bulk like Chili, Beef Roast, mexican food so youll have some for about 3 days in advance.

The hardest part is actually eating it. I dont mind cooking it or carrying it around.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    per meal.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    This "bogus bull****" comes from Sports Exercise and Nutrition by William McArdle which is a standard textbook in its field, page 459.

"About 700 to 1000 extra kcal per day supports a weekly .5 to 1 kg gain in lean tissue and training energy requirements."

1 kg = 2.2lbs. This is rounded off by most to 3500 cal/week = one pound muscle.
    [QUOTE=johnsomebody]I think it depends if you're on a cycle or not.

Keep in mind it takes 3500 calories to put on a pound of muscle -so if you're going for two pounds a week you need 1000 extra cals a day OVER your normal intake.[/QUOT

Seems like the post meant 3500 cals a day. Then again, the vaguness must have thrown me off.
    "3500 calories to put on a pound of muscle"
    Anyway....

Thread Information