Thread: Cant get bigger

big$grip is offline New Member

Cant get bigger

I am 20 years old my height is 6'1 weight 165.I lift weights 4 days a week eat alot tried protein shakes creatine and cant get bigger and want to try roids what you guys think.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Can you be a little more specific. How long have you been training? How many calories to you eat in a day? What are your caloric ratios (protein, carbs, fats)? What does your lifting routine look like? There may be a few things we can suggest to help you out before you decide to take roids. At 20 there is no way you have hit a plateau so let's look a little deeper. If you still think that gear is the way to go...you've come to the right place, but first things first.

Pete

Nightrider is offline New Member
    ....you have to eat alot more then!!!....not just protein!....cals from fat and cabs play an important role in gaining weight!!....I am 5,10 and started juicing when I got up to 190 pounds naturally. Just eat eat eat!!!!!!. No need for roids before you have reached you natural potential

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Exactly!! Nightrider hit the nail on the head. If you want help in other areas (training, nutrition, suppliments) we have the bases covered...just ask.

Pete

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Man, this has been said already, but eat eat eat. When you are in your 20's your metabolism is fast, your's seems like it is anyways, but beware, I was like you, then I started eating and eating adn lifting weights so heavy, I needed two people to get them up, then I got big and I stayed big. Now I am trying to get back to my early 20's, it is hard now, but I am just about there. Enjoy the fast metabolism for now, it will leave you when you get my age.... But if you are looking to gain, eat eat. Fast food, will put the weight on you the best I find, not the most nutricious, but high in calories and protein and mostly fat. But you said you wanted to gain.. eat then calories man. Of course, I didn't mention the most important thing, training. Lift heavy weights, hell do so much weight that you can't even get 5 max, till failure if you will. That with a high calorie diet, will pack the pounds on brother trust me. Gaining I think is always easier than loosing, just my opinion.

Rukkus is offline Junior Member
    Remember it is not only how much you eat is what you eat as well.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    poor guy hasn't even responded pete's question yet. you have to be more specifc as to what your doing. how long have you been training, etc. then we can figure out what you need to do

big$grip is offline New Member
    I started lifting weights when I was 18 years old . I dont know how many calories i eat a day now I eat 3 meals a day some times i can get in four but im busy alot i have to go to school and work i gotta get more time for myself

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Well, hate to say it, but there's your problem right there. 3 meals a day ain't gonna cut it. A minimum of 5, I eat 7 and know some who eat 8 times a day. I'd say 6, just to be easy. Every 3 hours AT MOST! And eat plenty. Strive for 3500-4000 cals, it ain't that hard if you work up to it gradually. You'll begin to love eating...Hell it's my fave thing to do besides gettin a little slobby on my knobby.
    P

Mike Guest
    thank you papa...

Tom
    Tom is offline Associate Member
    I know eating is important but when I was eating six times a day I put on like 20 pounds but 15 of it was fat and i started to get a gut is there a way to eat six times a day and not put on so much fat?

cnyce89 is offline Banned

same problem

i used to have this same problem...im 20 yrs old...and have a high ass metabolism. i had the toughest time gaining weight...
    NOw i eat eat eat and lift lift lift heavy weights....i went from 153 up to 162 in about 2.5 months...that may not seem like alot, but for someone who has a tough time gaining the weight...thats a lot!

and im damn proud of every pound i put on. just goes to show if yo ureally wanna do it it vcan be done...with a littlededication and will power!!!!!

c

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Mike
    thank you papa...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Okay you have the wrong idea about eating. If you don't eat enough, your body will think you are in starvation and hold fat. If you eat a constant amount of calories (the good kind), and train hard, you won't have a problem. I see soo many people think they will loose weight by not eating. Gosh that is the wrong approach. But back to your subject, if you eat and watch what you eat and train, then you may put on alittle fat, but minimum. just remember, training is very important if you up your calories. Again, I think gainin weight is easier than tryin to loose. Course both take alot of disipline. How's your's lately? heee haa just kidding.

Thread Information