POSH is offline Member

Exclamation Mexican gyno surgery??

Has anybody gotten their gyno surgery in Mexico??
    Please reply if you or somebody you know have have a good or bad gyno surgery in Mexico.
    I know what most of you are going to say, just get it done in the states, and I am just "considering" Mexico, or Brazil. It is WAY cheaper. If I could cut the lumps out myself and not leave a bad scar, I would.
    I have been talking to some Mexican docs and might give it a shot. I have been off for about 2 years now, and didn't get gyno until about a year off. Anyways I need to get snipped.

A bump or response would be great.

Thanks

Posh

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    be careful bro, do your research, good luck

Is There A Real Difference In Price? Everything In Mexico Make Me Nervous....good Luck Bro

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    way too risky for me to consider, no matter what i was saving. Medical field in US is far superior than in Mexico, my safety would be worth the extra loot bro, but what ever you decide be safe and let someone know when, where, and the dr's name and address before you go- don't need you disappearing in Mexico

atomicpunk is offline Junior Member
    Bro,

Go see your Dr 1st. Complain about the pain and he should refer you to a surgeon.. mine referred me to a plastics. After about 2 months of some minor test(mamo&xray) my insurance paid for most of my surgery. It would have cost me $4200+ but with the insurance only ended up costing me about $600. Just make sure you say you never used steroids or smoked pot. My surgeon syas it's about 50/50 whether insurance will cover but you know ahead of time. Whole process took me under 3 months to complete. He did a great job and I feel some much better without boobs .

Do You Think Gyno Can Happen To Some Or Not At All....even If You Use Nolvadex & Clomid

atomicpunk is offline Junior Member
    You can probably do a good job preventing it. Some of it would occur naturally reguardless of rods.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    I used to live in Victorville CA and visit Mexico all the time. I would never trust anything more than a hair cut in that country. If you doubt me ask any boarding local.

marka is offline Associate Member
    I had gyno removed in TJ for $1,500. Excellent facility, and good doctor. THis was a year ago. WOuld recommend.

skiing is offline Associate Member
    good luck bro.

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    I would go to Thailand. They have a hospital there that is famous for plastic surgery. I think its called bungramund or something close to that. All of the doctors there are supposed to be AMA certified as well. I looked into the prices for lipo for my aunt and it was around 600 us. I imagine gyno surgery would be about the same cost if not cheaper.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130nav
    I would go to Thailand. They have a hospital there that is famous for plastic surgery. I think its called bungramund or something close to that. All of the doctors there are supposed to be AMA certified as well. I looked into the prices for lipo for my aunt and it was around 600 us. I imagine gyno surgery would be about the same cost if not cheaper.
    Plane ticket and hotel would cost more than the surgery!

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Plane ticket from a hub such as NYC,LAX, or SFO is less than 700 dollars round trip. Hotels are less than 15 dollars per night. Plus you can recover on a tropical beach sipping mai tais and getting "massages" from beautiful asian chicks.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    I know a girl that had her birth control implant taken out in TJ because her insurance wouldnt cover it. (she got married, wanted a kid, and the implant was gonna last a couple more years)

Anyway, she said that the facilities were just like any in the US, and the operation was flawless, no scar, dirt cheap, and she had a great experience

POSH is offline Member
    I thought about Thailand, but they are kind of in a mess right now with the tsunami stuff.

POSH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marka
    I had gyno removed in TJ for $1,500. Excellent facility, and good doctor. THis was a year ago. WOuld recommend.

Thank you for your post Marka....please check your pms

ChrisB is offline Junior Member
    Where is TJ? Sorry if it sounds dumb, I just can't figure out what it stands for, thanks.

AVAGO is offline Member
    originaly posted by POSH
    I thought about Thailand, but they are kind of in a mess right now with the tsunami stuff.
    Not sure about the hospital in question but couple my friends teachin out there i think its only the east coast (one of em anyway) that was affected. Everything seems as normal from what they say. Obviously not in affected areas .........

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB
    Where is TJ? Sorry if it sounds dumb, I just can't figure out what it stands for, thanks.
    im not sure of the spelling but it stands for tiajuana a border town near sandiago

profbiv is offline Associate Member

Mexican Border Plastic-Surgery Clinics Booming

Reproduced without permission he he he

From
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146643,00.html

Mexican Border Plastic-Surgery Clinics Booming

Monday, February 07, 2005

SAN ANTONIO — Thousands of people yearning for a better body are visiting Mexican plastic surgery clinics that offer makeovers at a third of the cost in the United States.

The industry has flourished, with new clinics touting their services on billboards, newspaper ads and television commercials across South Texas.

While some full service clinics offer American-style standards with inviting waiting areas and scrubbed surgical suites, those images mask the downside of a booming business that has littered northern Mexico with backward operations run by physicians with questionable credentials, the San Antonio Express-News reported Sunday.

In more than two months of reporting on both sides of the border, the newspaper found a largely unregulated system where patients can enter a dentist's office that also advertises plastic surgery and leave with a nose job performed by an unlicensed doctor.

Through interviews with doctors, patients, government regulators and families, the Express-News learned some patients were left horribly scarred or fighting severe infections from botched surgeries.

But because of poor record keeping, weak oversight and a system that discourages lawsuits, it is impossible to know the number of injuries or deaths in Mexican clinics.

U.S. doctors along the border said they're all too familiar with the problem. Some have begun to specialize in "secondary repair" undoing damage done in Mexico because so many patients have required reconstruction.

Dr. Tolbert Wilkinson, a San Antonio plastic surgeon, said he's seen dozens of women return from the border with broken or slipping breast implants, infections and large scars.

"Ugly scars are coming from the border," said Wilkinson, one of the few Texas surgeons who is willing to treat people after things go wrong in Mexico. Many doctors won't accept those patients because the liability is too great.

A Lakehills mother of four who asked only to be identified as Lynn claims she was disfigured in December from plastic surgery at the Centro de Ginecologia y Obstetricia (search) in Nuevo Laredo. The newspaper said the clinic apparently was not accredited.

Lynn, 36, said she had trouble healing after having a tummy tuck (search) and liposuction (search) on Dec. 10.

"I kept bleeding on my suture, and I didn't know what it was," said Lynn, who returned to the clinic and had surgery to repair her bleeding stomach incision.

The Mexican clinic is co-owned by David Hernandez (search), a San Antonio-based marketer who goes by the name Dr. Dave, though he is not a doctor on either side of the border.

He acknowledged that Lynn experienced complications after undergoing surgery but said he thought they were successfully treated in the follow-up visit.

But the infection returned in late December, and she had trouble standing up straight.

"I still can't stand up perfectly straight and it's been eight weeks," she said.

Lynn went to see Wilkinson, who discovered she had fluids trapped inside that hadn't drained properly. Wilkinson put her on new antibiotics and has been draining the fluids out of a hole on her lower abdomen.

Asked if she do it all over again, she said: "Oh, absolutely not."

Some patients can't be saved. Plastic surgeons in Brownsville said they couldn't help two women who died from gangrene (search) that developed from infections after their surgeries in Matamoros.

One woman's skin peeled off when emergency room doctors lifted her from one bed to another.

"I have never seen a worse case of gangrene anywhere — not even in Mexico," said Dr. Rafael Arredondo, who was working in the emergency room when the woman's husband brought her in.

darmadoc is offline Member
    I would recommend extreme caution with any Mexican medical care. They are not regulated like we are, there is no ability for legal recourse if something goes wrong and they know it. I have seen too many patients dropped off at local hospitals in Texas after their procedures went horribly awry.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Don't roll the dice on your health over a few bucks.

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    plastic surg. in mexico was a topic on msn yesterday, they don't have the same medical standards we have here. there are people practicing medicine with out a med license. and the actual # of fatalitites from procedures is unknown due to the filing systems used down there. bargan shop all you want for household sh1t, not your health.

Froggy is offline Member
    Tell the Mexican't Doc that you fully intend to tip well for a job well done...If it is a bad job, they going to want extra pay for corrective surgery...just a thought & don't let them put you out; maybe that's just me!
    Lots of people do lots of different things in mexico...most of them go well & its great...some of them don't & it's much worse of a ride than in the states...potentially...be careful...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Just do your research..if you feel comfortable- go for it.

Personally, I wouldn't let a mexican doctor give me an aspirin, (not becuase of the race, but because of the lack of regulations, just wanted to be clear on that)

Thread Information