Thread: The Arnold Look

getbig888 is offline Senior Member

The Arnold Look

I was wondering why Arnold didnt look as freaky as the newer bodybuilders do! for example he didnt have the huge roid belly and his skin just looks better!

has anyone else noticed this? could it be the way he tooks roids and the type and amount or what!
    when i look at arnold in his day against ronnie arnold just looks so much more natural and better to me

It's because he wasn't on GH year round
    All the guys back then look better to me

AG5678 is offline Member
    i think your serious bro back then it was alot different Arnold used to do Deca and Dbol now there doing alot more **** and taking it to a more significant extreme. By the way Ronnie just has better genitics to look like that. The belly is from the GH. I would pick the Arnold look anyday

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally dont like the way ronnie looks at all ......everyone can disagree with me but theres no way ill change my point of view

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    I personally dont like the way ronnie looks at all ......everyone can disagree with me but theres no way ill change my point of view
    i agree .... too a point big is cool but thats border line of gross... the old time look is definitly better in my eyes..

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    **** i agree with you totally Arnold is the dream look. I wonder if Ronnie ever gets laid

Quote Originally Posted by AG5678
    i think your serious bro back then it was alot different Arnold used to do Deca and Dbol now there doing alot more **** and taking it to a more significant extreme. By the way Ronnie just has better genitics to look like that. The belly is from the GH. I would pick the Arnold look anyday
    Definitely. A lot of bodybuilders today are trying to get too big.
    Last edited by YounG_SluG11; 01-10-2005 at 11:12 PM.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    arnold looks better than todays bbuilders IMO

Ronnie looks like a cartoon drawing

I think Arnold has the best physique

jgg1221 is offline Member
    arnold is numero uno!

The big difference is Arnold is still alive and healthy, I doubt many of the new age guys will be in good health or even alive by the time they are his age. Arnold has gone through plastic surgery and heart surgeries, and I bet he didnt take near the amount the guys today are hitting, alot of these pros are going to start dropping off here pretty soon, it's just a matter of time.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    There are a few pros today that have a similar look to Arnolds but still not quite as good ex Darrem Charles and Dexter Jackson

saluu is offline Banned

ronnies waist is size 44

arnold look way more than ronnie but i really like rich gaspari body too he was really veiny surprise he never won the mr o once i guess back then they were into mass too but now it is getting to extreme the size game what happened to the v taper what bodybuilding was all about. Even cutler looks huge now and although his back was huge was not thick as arnolds . Arnold had a great body and had way more definition than cutler maybe legs is where he loses and mass wise but the gh gut is gross . sure they have visible abs but come on is a big gut what bodybuilding is all about. dexter jackson has great body and gustava badell was ripped those are the kind of bodies people should have. Even in the video i was watching the unbelievable ronnie constantly shook his head like a weirdo he looked gross .

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Arnold was a great bodybuilder but so is ronnie anyway you slice it. His weak points dominate anyones strong points. Noone can compare.

"Nuttin But a Peanut"

bigj79 is offline New Member

Pumping Iron

I agree with you all, Arnold's the man. Sort of off the theme but has everyone seen pumping iron? If not watch it. I completely agree about the physiques of today being too much. For example Fux and Priest, don't get me wrong they are both freakin unreal but I'd prefer the Arnold look. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of drugs taken today, the new types of drugs, and the change in the Mr. O winners. Last month MuscleMag had a great article on all of the Mr O's from Larry Scott to Ronnie. I also like Sergio Olivia, amazing genetics.

Arnold could also finish a sentence without losing his breath. Ever hear some of these pros talk nowadays, they seriously sound like they are suffocating, cant even finish a sentence without running short of air sometimes.

Everyone is different...If you lift weights to get laid you'll obvoiusly like the arnold look better. Then again most chicks I know would like more of a twig like body then arnold...Ex. The famous "brad pitt in fight club" Bodybuilding isnt about sex. It's about bodies.

If you actually prefer their bodies because of the development then so be it,but if you "prefer the arnold look" just because you could get more ass...Maybe you'd prefer someone else's personality and face as well...

Btw, this question has been addressed about a 1000 times on this board.

The Shredder is offline Associate Member
    Arnold looked like a Greek God all his body parts had a consistant flow to them.

I prefer Flex Wheeler to either of those clowns

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    i prefer the look ofg the pro`s in the 70s. much more athletic and symetric (sp). coleman is a mass monster, like ruehl. not my style...

Bump For Arnold

Jackman is offline Banned
    How is arnold a clown

Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AG5678
    **** i agree with you totally Arnold is the dream look. I wonder if Ronnie ever gets laid
    Yeah he does, it just takes a trip to the zoo to find the gorilla cage. Hot monkey love...

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Also keep in mind that Ronnies abs (the seperation down the middle wich is significant) is somewhat rare and therefore not aesthetically pleasing.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    I was wondering why Arnold didnt look as freaky as the newer bodybuilders do! for example he didnt have the huge roid belly and his skin just looks better!

has anyone else noticed this? could it be the way he tooks roids and the type and amount or what!
    when i look at arnold in his day against ronnie arnold just looks so much more natural and better to me
    To answer your original question The compounds and knowledge of today is way more advanced. And yes everyone on this board has noticed this. Next time you want to think up a topic to discuss do a search for example type in the word arnold in the search forums key and see how many times this exact topic has been discussed.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna give a pump to Arnold. IMHO he had the ultimate physique. I would take his body over any of todays BB, no problem.....except maybe Swole!! haha

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by wilthepill123

arnolds a clown eh...wonder why you have him in your avatar then?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    i look better than anyone

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I read somewhere on these boards that bb's in the 70's hardly ever took test. A possolbe reason for this is maybe they heard of the harsh side effects because i don't no if they had nolvadex or armidex back then.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    tell u the truth i love Lou Ferrignos look more then Arnolds look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Arnold Look-fer66.jpg   The Arnold Look-arnold_schwarzenegger_2.jpg  

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    I'm gonna give a pump to Arnold. IMHO he had the ultimate physique. I would take his body over any of todays BB, no problem.....except maybe Swole!! haha

lol someones lips are a little to close to someones ass

Louey has a good physique as well

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    Lou Ferrigno has no lats, and is not as semetrical as arnold. also he is a jerk-off was really an asshole when i met him in vegas. arnold is much nicer

jgg1221 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Everyone is different...If you lift weights to get laid you'll obvoiusly like the arnold look better. Then again most chicks I know would like more of a twig like body then arnold...Ex. The famous "brad pitt in fight club" Bodybuilding isnt about sex. It's about bodies.

If you actually prefer their bodies because of the development then so be it,but if you "prefer the arnold look" just because you could get more ass...Maybe you'd prefer someone else's personality and face as well...

Btw, this question has been addressed about a 1000 times on this board.

arnold look + brad pitt's fight club look, divided by 2 = amazing body

i agree with the lifting weights to get laid part.
    most chicks dont like TOO much muscle. nearly every girl i know thinks that competitive body builders just look freaky and ugly.
    i personally dont wanna be that big. sure id like to be big, but not that big....
    it just doesnt look good anymore
    (and taking that many roids to get that big isnt too healthy either!)

Mike Mentzer in 1980 looked freakin awesome at the Olympia.

atomicpunk is offline Junior Member
    Isn't Mike Mentzer dead? Look at T3. Even at 55+ Arnold looks better then most men at their best! Ronnie better than Arnold? NOT. At his size and build Ronnie's soo retarded looking. Arnold is the king, without his influence in bodybuilding it may have never grown to the level it's at now.

Thread Information