just-starting is offline New Member

Question about Pregnyl

I have 2 ampules of Pregnyl 5000 IU by Organon

I am supposed to take 300 to 500 IU every 4-5 days

The part I do not understand is that the Pregnyl comes in 1 amp 5000 I.U. (hard dry white substance) and there is another 1 ml of Solvens pro Pregnyl (liquid)

1. Do I mix these?

2. Once they are mixed what is the shelf life.

3. Do they stay mixed?

4. Is refrigeration needed?

5. Since they are in glass ampules, once they are broken open, how do I keep them sterile?

Thank you for your time!

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Here is what I do with mine...
    Use some BW... not from the amp.
    -Draw out 1ml with a syringe... crack open the "powder" one, and shoot in the BW.
    -Then draw that out and shoot it into a sterile vial.
    -Add 4ml of BW into the vial
    5ml total so 1ml = 1000ius of HCG .... so to get your dose of 500ius. .5cc is the amount needed.
    Once its mixed (reconstituted) keep it in the fridge. Its good for around 30 days.

seanw is offline Banned

BenC is offline Banned
    Buy yourself a 10ml sterile IM NaCl 0.9% solution (saline) and dilute it. Make sure it is NOT irrigation saline. 500IU every 4-5 days isn't enough. 2000 IU twice per week until completion. This is based on a 15 000 IU kit.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BenC
    Buy yourself a 10ml sterile IM NaCl 0.9% solution (saline) and dilute it. Make sure it is NOT irrigation saline. 500IU every 4-5 days isn't enough. 2000 IU twice per week until completion. This is based on a 15 000 IU kit.
    I dont feel that is an accurate post... 500iu is sufficiant. We are talking in the cycle not PCT...

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I dont feel that is an accurate post... 500iu is sufficiant. We are talking in the cycle not PCT...
    I agree.

Hcg usage - 250iu ED throughout cycle? check it out

"I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. It makes more sense to me to keep the horse in the barn, so to speak, then to have to chase it across three counties later on. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges. Both therapies have been shown to hasten recovery.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid -induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn?t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn?t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. Those that have tell me they thus avoid that edgy, burned-out feeling they usually get. They also say they simply feel better each day. Subjective reports, to be sure, but they are hard not to appreciate. Especially when HCG is so inexpensive.

The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex , is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM?s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel , or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a ?bridge?. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can?t ?fool? the body?it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground?and we don?t want that, do we?).

All this is meant to get my guys through recovery as fast as possible (the real goal, yes?). So far, all of them who have tried it have reported they are recovering faster than when they have tried other protocols.

Thought this would shed a little light on all the HCG questions during cycle."

BenC is offline Banned
    That's not indicated in the post if it's post cycle or during.

BenC is offline Banned
    1500 - 2000 IU twice a week even during the cycle is more beneficial.

BenC is offline Banned
    1500 - 2000 IU twice a week even during the cycle is more beneficial. Dosages much higher have been recommended. I don't think 500 IU is enough

BenC is offline Banned
    1500 - 2000 IU twice a week even during the cycle is more beneficial. Dosages much higher have been recommended. I don't think 500 IU is enough

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BenC
    Here's a study comparing a 1500iu dose to 5-300iu doses, 1500iu is a bad idea and 2000 would be even worst. I underlined what the E2 or estrogen response was to the 2 protocols, the estrogen elevation alone would keep me away from the high dose doses.

Posted by hhajdo at S’ology

Differential effect of single high dose and divided small dose administration of human chorionic gonadotropin on Leydig cell steroidogenic desensitization.

Smals AG, Pieters GF, Boers GH, Raemakers JM, Hermus AR, Benraad TJ, Kloppenborg PW.

This study compared the effect of a single high dose of hCG (1500 IU) with that of the same dose administered in multiple small doses (300 IU, once daily for 5 days) on Leydig cell steroidogenesis. Administration of a single high dose of hCG to seven healthy men raised the mean plasma testosterone (T) level to peak levels 2.1 +/- 0.2 (SEM) X the baseline value at 48 h. Thereafter plasma T decreased to below normal (0.7 +/- 0.1 X baseline) 7 days after the injection. The mean 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17-OHP) level peaked at 24 h (2.5 +/- 0.2 X baseline) and then also fell to a nadir value of 0.6 +/- 0.2 X baseline on day 7. Reflecting the early accumulation of 17-OHP over T, the 17 OHP/T ratio reached its maximum (1.6 +/- 0.1 X baseline) at 24 h at the same time when plasma estradiol [(E2) 4.4 +/- 0.6 X baseline] and the ratio E2/T (2.7 +/- 0.3 X baseline) achieved their maximal values. Administration of 1500 IU hCG in five divided doses of 300 IU daily increased the mean plasma T levels to peak value of 2.1 +/- 0.2 X baseline at 5 days and the levels remained elevated thereafter. The response of T as reflected by the area under the curve was almost twice as great as in the single dose study (2844 +/- 360 vs. 1647 +/- 214). In contrast to the single high dose experiment, mean plasma 17-OHP levels in the divided dose protocol did not peak at 24 h but only gradually increased. As the increase of T exceeded the 17-OHP increase at almost all time intervals, no accumulation of 17-OHP over T occurred as in the single dose experiment. Instead the 17-OHP/T ratio fell to a nadir value of 0.6 +/- 0.1 X baseline on day 7. The initial E2 peak was absent in the divided dose protocol and the E2/T ratio only marginally increased. Considering both experiments together a close relation was found between the hCG-induced increases in E2 and 17-OHP (r = +0.88, P less than 0.001), as well as the ratio 17 OHP/T (r = +0.64, P less than 0.02).

JohnnyB

natebater is offline New Member
    I guess it's becoming more and more common, but part of my Pituitary has stoped sending the message for my testies to stop producing Testotrone... They want to give me shots of TEST.. Which I'm ok with, but I'm worried about SHRINKAGE of my Testies.. I know it sounds stupid, but I've noticed a change in them and I don't want more loss.. When I brought it up 2 my DR.. he kind of wrote it off as something I will have 2 deal with. Does anyone have any advise? I search the net, and everything is about steriods ... A product called HCG sounds like it might help, but my DR said it won't and isn't recomended in this case.. But, wouldn't tell me why? I'm not really sure where 2 look next.. Any help or advise would be great.. Oh, I'm 25 5'11 and 160.. I've lost 16 lbs of muscle mass since this has started over a year ago. Thank you.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    pregnyl is good for 60 days after reconstitution according to this...

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/chorionic_ids.htm

as long as you keep it refrigerated

Thread Information