Thread: Propecia

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member

Propecia

im about to start using some propecia to block that d**** DHT cause my hair is thining out really badly, it regrows back but ive been on for long now so i dont wanna take a risk. got 6 weeks left of 500mg sust and 250mg testoviron per week.Now for the guys that used it what would the propecia dosage be? because the prescribed dosage is 1 tab a day which is one mg but thats for people with normal test levels.since they dont have the section on the box "dosage for AAS users" id appreciate some advice from people who have experience with it. I also dont want to block out all the DHT since it pumps the sex drive and strength.
    thanks

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Lex
    im about to start using some propecia to block that d**** DHT cause my hair is thining out really badly, it regrows back but ive been on for long now so i dont wanna take a risk. got 6 weeks left of 500mg sust and 250mg testoviron per week.Now for the guys that used it what would the propecia dosage be? because the prescribed dosage is 1 tab a day which is one mg but thats for people with normal test levels.since they dont have the section on the box "dosage for AAS users" id appreciate some advice from people who have experience with it. I also dont want to block out all the DHT since it pumps the sex drive and strength.
    thanks
    run the same dosage, 5mg/ed......it takes awhile for the dht blocking properties kick in, 3 months or so and they are not failsafe....
    gl

5mgs is proscar, propecia is 1mg. so you reckon 5 tabs a day then?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Lex
    5mgs is proscar, propecia is 1mg. so you reckon 5 tabs a day then?
    that's a bit overkill imo....i got it twisted thought propecia were the 5's...ive always run the liquid p....imo run 2 tabs/ed

thanks for the info will do that

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    You want the propecia to work, but you don't want it to block all your DHT? This is a contradiction. The purpose of finasteride is to inhibit the 5a-reductase enzyme which makes DHT. Finasteride effectively blocks 60-70% DHT production at 1mg ed. Some people will bump it up while on cycle, but it will still block less than 70% conversion. Dutasteride is a little more effective, but you can't have it both ways. If you block DHT formation, you block it all, sex drive and hair loss together. You might want to look into direct topical treatments to treat the hair at the source and bypass the systemic effects.

i disagree at 500 mgs of sust and 250mgs of testoviron there is no chance that i can block out all the DHT. 60-70% is blocked out for people with normal test levels. My test levels are more than 1000% higher than normal at least. 2 tabs sound just about right to slow down the hair thining.

Thread Information