MER
    MER is offline Member

Woke up at 4AM with super bad heartburn.

I cant even drink water comfterably. I never get this bad of heartburn. I remember waking up at 2AM and taking some DICLOXACILLIN (for an abcess) with some water. I immidiately went back to bed. Woke up 2 hours later and my chest felt like it was on fire. Was this because I didn't sit up for awile after I took the pill? Your suppose to tke it ona emplty stomache. It hurs like hell but it seems to be fading a small amount every hour.

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member
    How long is this going? do you have pains in the stomach? i had the same problem last year thank god i went to the doctor. I used to wake up from heart burn and live on anti acids(bad move). i lived like this for a few months and then the idea of "ulcer" came to my mind. But how can it be ulcer if theres no stomach pains only acidity right? wrong! i went for gastroscopy. 90 % of the ulcers are caused by a certain bacteria that atttaches itself to the damaged mucosa membrane lining in the stomach.Now, the bacteria causes the acid which results in a pelptic ulcers. But dont be alarmed if this problem has been going for a while you will have to do gastroscopy right away and if you test positive for that bacteria they'll give you a 3 weeks antibiotic course. after my check up the doctor said to me in these words "good thing you didnt wait longer for the check up because if you waited another month or two the ulcer would have formed". Dont play around with this go to your doctor if this is a problem that reapeats itself.BTW antiacids have a very bad rebound effect so be careful.
    gl

MER
    MER is offline Member
    No this is a one time deal. I read the side effects of my antibacterial and it says heartburn or gas on it. I'm just wondering if its because I layed down after taking it. As far as my previous heartburn goes. I've had it maybe once or twice in my life.

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member
    oh thats just from the antibiotic cause you probibly had nothing in your stomach, happens often with antibiotics. "always take it on the full stomach" isnt that what the doctor says?

MER
    MER is offline Member
    No it says take on a empty stomache 2-3 hours after a meal or 1 hour before a meal. Needless to say, I was stupid I took it after 5 hours of sleep and went back to sleep immidiately. Now I'm sitting here with a protein shake and it feels much better. But the good news is my abcess in the size of a BB as opposed to a walnut after 2 days of medication.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I have a feeling it caused some acid reflux. It was the laying down part , the A.M. should have been more suitable.

AG5678 is offline Member
    yea i was thinking it was the laying down part. Cause ive done that before

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    If it persist get your doc to write you a script for prevacid, it works great.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Well guys I just woke back up and feel great. Thanks guys for your answers and support.

03636 is offline Junior Member
    I only get bad heartburn when I'm hungover for some reason but for emergency's when it's real bad mix a teaspoon of arm and hammer baking soda in a coffee cup full of water and that will make it go away instantly. Don't make a habbit of that either cause it can hurt you too if you go for too long, it takes years though. After you drink that sheet you will burp once and then you feel sooo good. Don't know why, but it works.

Thread Information