blown is offline Associate Member

Glute shot - some of the oil dripped out

This was my 6th glute shot. 3rd time on this glute. First one went fine, second I had some bad swelling, I ended up adding delts into my site rotation so I only hit the same spot every 12 days (eq and test e).

So I stuck, I didn't like the angle to I pulled out and changed pins, tried again. 25g1" pin since I'm relatively thin and lean. This is what I've used every time, no problems.

After the shot (took 1 to 1.5min for 2mL) I put a cotton ball on the site. When I pulled it away ti was oily. Looked at the site and a small drip of oil was coming out. I cleaned w/ alcohol and pressed again. When I pressed it burned badly, but went away w/in 20seconds or so. I looked agian, it was still dripping. Finally it stopped, I put a bandaid on it and massaged.

Today it's sore as it usually is when I shoot, minor swelling, but the main thing is a bumpy red rash that itches around the site.

Is the b/c I got the oil under my skin? Or an alergic reaction w/ my skin to the BA content? Anything in particular I should do to care for it?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blown
    This was my 6th glute shot. 3rd time on this glute. First one went fine, second I had some bad swelling, I ended up adding delts into my site rotation so I only hit the same spot every 12 days (eq and test e).

So I stuck, I didn't like the angle to I pulled out and changed pins, tried again. 25g1" pin since I'm relatively thin and lean. This is what I've used every time, no problems.

After the shot (took 1 to 1.5min for 2mL) I put a cotton ball on the site. When I pulled it away ti was oily. Looked at the site and a small drip of oil was coming out. I cleaned w/ alcohol and pressed again. When I pressed it burned badly, but went away w/in 20seconds or so. I looked agian, it was still dripping. Finally it stopped, I put a bandaid on it and massaged.

Today it's sore as it usually is when I shoot, minor swelling, but the main thing is a bumpy red rash that itches around the site.

Is the b/c I got the oil under my skin? Or an alergic reaction w/ my skin to the BA content? Anything in particular I should do to care for it?
    its sterile oil, might irritate the skin a bit, but should go away in a few days

You guys think I need to switch to 1.5"? I've had good luck w/ 1" so far, I'm confused why this just happened.

mitch428cj is offline Member
    best way ive found is to wrap the vial in a heating pad let it get really warm , take the vials wipe them with a alcohol pad let them dry , when they are warm i find they draw though a 23G like water , then switch to a 23G 1.5 and inject in the glute , i never have oil leaking all out like that , make sure you aspirate , push it in slowly , pull the needle out straight and quick and start to massage with the alcohol pad . after that put a bandaid on it and put the heat pad on it for a few minutes ... makes my injection feel alot better when i do it this way .

mitch428cj is offline Member
    also helps if you start to feel tightness or soreness in the next couple days to keep stretching the muscle , maybe massage it alittle and put the heat pad on it every so often when you feel like it , helps it from getting worse

I'll try the heat pad sometime, I need to buy one.

BTW - is that your Mach 1 in your avatar?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Try and research the ztrac method

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    Try and research the ztrac method
    I'm familiar w/ that, but I can't do that for a glute or delt shot. Needs two hands. No way I'm getting my right hand on my left glute while I'm twisting to the left to shoot, and vice versa. And obviously I can't get my left hand to my left delt, and vice versa.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Hey bro def switch to a 1.5'' for the glute. I am not sure but it may be because you had a 1'' that the oil dripped out. It depends on your stats, if you have a high bf% then that is probably the problem, if you have a low bf% then it could be various things. I have had that in my quads once.

p.s, im drunk! hehe, i actually decided to let loose tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    Hey bro def switch to a 1.5'' for the glute. I am not sure but it may be because you had a 1'' that the oil dripped out. It depends on your stats, if you have a high bf% then that is probably the problem, if you have a low bf% then it could be various things. I have had that in my quads once.
    I have a low bf%.

yuri76 is offline New Member
    i use 1.25" needles everywhere without issues. i also leave about 0.2ml of air in the back of the barrel which ensures most of the oil goes in and stays in. make sure you're relaxing your glutes when injecting.

Quote Originally Posted by yuri76
    i use 1.25" needles everywhere without issues. i also leave about 0.2ml of air in the back of the barrel which ensures most of the oil goes in and stays in. make sure you're relaxing your glutes when injecting.
    Did you mean 1.5"?

Rexx is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch428cj
    best way ive found is to wrap the vial in a heating pad let it get really warm , take the vials wipe them with a alcohol pad let them dry , when they are warm i find they draw though a 23G like water , then switch to a 23G 1.5 and inject in the glute , i never have oil leaking all out like that , make sure you aspirate , push it in slowly , pull the needle out straight and quick and start to massage with the alcohol pad . after that put a bandaid on it and put the heat pad on it for a few minutes ... makes my injection feel alot better when i do it this way .

agree 100% !! I've found warming the vial in warm water completely prevents soreness.

Thread Information