vestax is offline Member

Definetly got the accutane depression. Anybody know the half-life?

I am on day 11 of 40mg ED Accutane. I just want to say that in my case this was the absolute worst thing I ever put in my body. I have never been more depressed and got every single negative side effect which blows. I was wondering if anybody know the elimination half life of the drug, I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to feel normal again. The FDA website lists off too many different half-lifes and I can't make any sense of it. Anybody know or have similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to hear that bro. I am at the end of the 3rd month and didn't experience any sides other than dry lips and I am doing 80mg ed. I know that the doc said to come and see him if you get depressed to a point where it is too much, so if I were you, I would go and review with the doc. I know acne sucks but with the right tools and dedication you can get through it. Add 8g of B5 and scrub with Dawn dishwasher (thanks to Nt for this) twice a day, this will help... Good luck bro and be safe..

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I never feel any different on accutane than normally..The only sides I had were dry lips and dry mouth...Raised my liver enzymes pretty quick too..

DAMBIGlsu is offline New Member
    I believe the half-life on Accutane is somewhere around 3-4 weeks. Cause when my girl was on it they warned her to still not get pregnant up to a month after her last dose. She was on the pill the whole time cause they are serious about that stuff!

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAMBIGlsu
    I believe the half-life on Accutane is somewhere around 3-4 weeks. Cause when my girl was on it they warned her to still not get pregnant up to a month after her last dose. She was on the pill the whole time cause they are serious about that stuff!
    Hmm, thats weired, I thought the average half-life is 16-20 hours, but some of its breakdown products have a half-life of 50 hours. It is not even detectable in the blood 4-5 days after the last dose, and most of its by-products should be gone within 10 days after the last dose.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    sorry to hear that bro... try looking into antibiotics. Tetracycline or Erythrocline

vestax is offline Member
    I went to the doctor and the first and most important halflife was 48 hours, after that I started to feel normal. But 5-7 days until it was out of my system. This was after 11 days of dosage.

Bazz is offline New Member
    you could try and use Minocin ..Minoclyine its just another antibiotic which does work good ive uesd it before just incase my ance ever came back

Minocycline is also used to treat acne, as it is active against the bacteria associated with acne, Propionebacterium acnes. This is a common type of bacteria that feeds on sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. It produces waste products and fatty acids that irritate the sebaceous glands, making them inflamed and causing spots. By controlling bacterial numbers, minocycline brings the inflammation of the sebaceous glands under control, and allows the skin to heal.

Thread Information