homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Winstrol (higher rep training?)

I will be doing some Winstrol during my cutting phase in Feb and Mar. I have above average knowledge of the compound, pct, diet and cardio. My question is in reference to the type of training I should employ.
    I have always used a "go heavy or go home" approach. lol. But after extensive research on Winstrol I've found that the compound causes joint problems with many users. I've also read that the connective tissue cannot support the heavy training that the muscles can accomplish with Winstrol.
    In some places of I've read that employing a "higher rep" scheme is beneficial as well as "slower rep speed" in order to strengthen/protect the connective tissue I believe, or in an attempt to not let the musculature surpass the strength of the connective tissue to a large degree. I believe Dan Duchaine was a major supporter of this theory.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

cb5253 is offline Junior Member
    whenever i'm cutting up, with winny or without, I tend to increse my rep range. It denses the muscle and aslso burns more calories.

Any experienced lifters with advice? Cuz I know as a general rule you don't stop trying to push your strength just cuz you're dieting. That's not my point. This is specifically because of the Winstrol I'm administering and secondly as a way to change the routine.
    Advice?

spooledup is offline Banned
    Don't max out or go to failure, something will break. Yes, I have first hand experience.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Major joint pain with Win doing heavy sets. When I say heavy I was doing 3 set of 6 x 315, 365, 415 flat bench and 3 sets of 6 x 640, 730, 820 leg sled, squat 365, 415, 435 this may not be heavy to you or someone else but I got through it without to much trouble and no lifting suit or anything else when I did WIN but after the cycle my joints were killing me. I would stick to medium weight and change your reps to 4x 10,10,8,8 thats what I did with VAR and it worked great.

Well, I haven't been injured in the gym for years and years until I used winny. As soon as I did winny, my strength shot up nicely but I tore my pec, lat, and hamstring all within 4 weeks. I was on rep 7 of 275 (could have got 8-9) flat bench and the feeling of your pec tearing is NO fun!

Thanks for the advice bros. Those weights look similar to what I use so it's great to see where I need to back off a bit. I'll probably be working in the 10-20 rep range depending on the body part.
    If anyone knows where I can read up on this subject specifically let me know. Thanks again bros!

Also, about how long til the joint pains subsided and were you dieting when you used the Winny?

Also thinking pre-exhaustion on presses, etc..

I'm using Winny....and have no joint pains.

I had minor knee stiffness...nothing major.

Use a glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM stack...should help out alot.

I was 4weeks into a EQ cycle when I started winny. 10 days later I was really starting to notice the cuts and definition, and as mentioned, strength shot up. For me, winny works much better than tren or var.

My goal was 15lbs lean mass easily maintainable. I think var would be better used when dieting, as studies show it is excellent in preserving muscle tissue. Winny is good towards the end of a cycle if you're using drugs that aromatize as it has anti-e properties.

Hooker...have you changed your training at all? Have you done Winny in the past? Do you take precautions so not to injur your connective tissue? Not worried about joint soreness....just don't want any tears or ruptures. This is where I heard training in a high-rep or slow-rep fasion is beneficial. Thoughts?

So higher rep training with Winstrol ? To protect the joints? Thoughts?

??????

Thread Information