Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member

Blood Pressure......cause for concern???

Age--25
    Ht---5'11"
    WT---250

I just got back from the doctor's office (I go annually and get my asthma prescriptions refilled). Anyway, they took my BP several times and each time it was 148/98. Yes, they used the big-dog cuff.

I finished my test/tren cycle 6 weeks ago and figured I'd be healthy as a horse. Obviously, I was wrong. I will be going back in on Wednesday for a re-check and for blood to be drawn. How concerned should I be???

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson
    Age--25
    Ht---5'11"
    WT---250

I just got back from the doctor's office (I go annually and get my asthma prescriptions refilled). Anyway, they took my BP several times and each time it was 148/98. Yes, they used the big-dog cuff.

I finished my test/tren cycle 6 weeks ago and figured I'd be healthy as a horse. Obviously, I was wrong. I will be going back in on Wednesday for a re-check and for blood to be drawn. How concerned should I be???
    140/90 are the points where your doc will prescribe BP meds. THose are not good numbers to have off cycle and at your age. I can't stress enough that anyone using AAS should own an omron BP moniter and check BP on cycle and off. We spend thousands on gear, yet resist the 70 bucks for one of these.

Don't worry, your doc will be able to control your BP through meds. What you should do is increase your cardio workouts, decrease salt usage, etc. Go to http://www.americanheart.org It is the American Heart Association site and you can click and learn all about BP and what to do. Don't stress out about it as your doc knows and it is easily treatable once detected.

I suspected nerves might have played a role in my high reading, so I went to the local drug store. An hour after my 148/98 reading at the doctor's office, the drug store machine gave me a reading of 131/81.

I had hoped to go back on a cycle in the beginning of February. Any other suggestions??? If I consistently get reasonable readings at the drug store, can I shrug off the reading at the doctor's office??
    Thanks.

I suspected nerves might have played a role in my high reading, so I went to the local drug store. An hour after my 148/98 reading at the doctor's office, the drug store machine gave me a reading of 131/81.

I had hoped to go back on a cycle in the beginning of February. Any other suggestions??? If I consistently get reasonable readings at the drug store, can I shrug off the reading at the doctor's office??
    Thanks.
    THe drug store machines are not calibrated often enough so do not rely on them. That said, White Coat syndrome is very common and your nervousness of being at the doctors office can bump up your BP.

If your doc didn't already advise you, go get an Omron automatic BP moniter, the bicep cuff style. They are about 70 bucks. Then take your readings throughout the day to see what you get.

I greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks!
    How does this model look (the first one)???

http://www.rehaboutlet.com/digital_b...e_monitors.htm

I greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks!
    How does this model look (the first one)???

http://www.rehaboutlet.com/digital_b...e_monitors.htm
    Go with the second one down. It is fully automatic. I have that one. Just slip it on and press a button. The chip does the rest.

I'd happily spend the extra bills for the automatic one, but its for 9-13" arms.

The top one is for arms up to 17" (I'm even to big for this one, but I assume it will work).

c5529 is offline Member
    carl carlson, toolman has given you great advice....Just one additional suggestion that I have -- when you go back to your dr let him/her know that you were taking AAS. Your dr really needs to know that you were on AAS. You are protected under HIPPA and a host of other physician-patient regulations so don't be worried about being turned in or anything like that..

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Given the fact that "White Coat Syndrome" is very real for some folks, so much that a 10 point jump is not all that uncommon.
    Also, given the fact that you are only 6 weeks out of a cycle and weighing 250lbs, my suggestion would be to be honest with the Doc and then hit the Cardio hard, maybe take 10lbs off and go to 240lbs and see where your sweet spot is.
    I've seen BP way way higher than that in some guys back in the day and they are all still alive bro!

I don't mean that you should not keep and eye on it, but it can be a focus so much so that it goes up automatically everytime the Doc checks ya. Get a monitor and check it at home when your just chillen.

Good luck, MJ

seanw is offline Banned

Thanks.
    Yep I agree with this totally, I bought one as well. Now for the good news. I was worried ablout my BP as well. I have been off for nearly three months, I have been taking my BP at home during the middle of the day and it has been pretty high by my standards, it is around 136/75, before I started a cycle it was around 115/65. I asked the doc and he said to take it first thing in the morning when you get out of bed, well guess what, it is down around 114/65 when I get up, but goes up during the day with life and work stresses, he says that is normal. Buy one and try it !!!

I'd happily spend the extra bills for the automatic one, but its for 9-13" arms.

The top one is for arms up to 17" (I'm even to big for this one, but I assume it will work).
    You can order the larger cuff for the automatic one as well.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member

I looked into this a while back ago, you can order a cuff for 17"-24" arms. The pharmacist told me he can order it for me if I wanted. Check at a local pharmacy or Wal-greens/Rite-Aid....even Price Costco has it.

Knight1811

Thread Information