CollegeGuy19 is offline New Member

Question Been off cycle for 3 months..few questions..

Over the summer I took sustnon 250 and Deca 300 for 10 weeks. Went from 170 to like 186ish. Got much stronger! But the problem is, is that I ate ALOT! Big appatite. Now that im off for a few months i wanna get rid of the bodyfat. I never took anything for when I got off my cycle. I know it was dumb, but wasnt sure waht to take, and a few of my friends have juiced and didnt take anything after and so u know. Im at around 181 right now and I wanna trim up. Especially around the abbs. Ive been dieintg good lately, not vry much cardio though. I was considering Hydroxycut, but before I do anything I figured id ask the experts. Anybody got any idea on what I should do?? And i een reading alot, and I dont know what all the abbreviations for things are or where I can get some stuff you guys mention. So if you could add that info in there Id appreciate it alot! Thanks guys

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    try the cutting sticky at the top of the diet forum. next thing to do is get your butt on a piece of cardio equipment. Then think about supplements.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Where is this diet forum at? Maybe you could send me the link, Thanks Abstract. Can u recommend which cardio equiptment seems best? I hate that tredmil, i got the worst shin splints. thanks bro

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    When you say good diet - I would recommend a complete review and written plan. As for cardio - to drop the fat it is absolutely mandatory. You can avoid shin splints by walking (at a fast pace on an incline). Keep your cardio sessions around 45 minutes at 65% to 70% of your MHR. The supps really take a back seat to an excellent diet and consistent cardio.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeGuy19
    Where is this diet forum at? Maybe you could send me the link, Thanks Abstract. Can u recommend which cardio equiptment seems best? I hate that tredmil, i got the worst shin splints. thanks bro
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

try the eliptical or the recumbant bike.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    OK, I'm lazy and not going to the Diet Forum to see if this is there now but here's my .02.

One thing I've learned the last year or so is how nothing cuts fat like cardio. I mean like 45 mins at 70% max, which means not hard, just breathing a bit heavier than normal. Almost half the cals you burn on cardio come directly from bodyfat, the percentage increases the longer you go AND when you're doing cardio you're using a LOT more calories than when not -cellular respiration is 34% efficient at rest and only 3% efficient doing cardio, so you really do burn a lot of cals that way. I remember talking to a trainer at the gym who told me with the amount of muscle mass I had I should be able to burn fat easily so I cut the carbs a little and added two more days of cardio a week. I lost a couple inches off my waist in three months and my strength stayed the same. It was too easy.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    OK, I'm lazy and not going to the Diet Forum to see if this is there now but here's my .02.

One thing I've learned the last year or so is how nothing cuts fat like cardio. I mean like 45 mins at 70% max, which means not hard, just breathing a bit heavier than normal. Almost half the cals you burn on cardio come directly from bodyfat, the percentage increases the longer you go AND when you're doing cardio you're using a LOT more calories than when not -cellular respiration is 34% efficient at rest and only 3% efficient doing cardio, so you really do burn a lot of cals that way. I remember talking to a trainer at the gym who told me with the amount of muscle mass I had I should be able to burn fat easily so I cut the carbs a little and added two more days of cardio a week. I lost a couple inches off my waist in three months and my strength stayed the same. It was too easy.
    This is great advice bro !!! As far as the treadmill is concerned you walk, you dont need to run, I have one of those Polar chest straps. The treadmills at my gym are set up to receive the signal from the strap. I set the machine to maintain me at 116 beats per minute, then I just walk I dont have to do anything, just plug in the MP3 player and as we say in Oz "Bob's Your Uncle". Make sure you do it first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach as well.

Thanks for the Replys guys, I really appreciate it! I just need to get my ass on one of those machines like you said. I just really want those abs and I already have the top 2 coming in, and with this cardio I hope it brings in the rest. Thanks again

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    This is great advice bro !!! As far as the treadmill is concerned you walk, you dont need to run, I have one of those Polar chest straps. The treadmills at my gym are set up to receive the signal from the strap. I set the machine to maintain me at 116 beats per minute, then I just walk I dont have to do anything, just plug in the MP3 player and as we say in Oz "Bob's Your Uncle". Make sure you do it first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach as well.
    Take a caffene pill, Hydoxycut, coffee or something also in the morning about 15 min before your workout...no food!

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Oh thanks! Personally, I tried the empty stomach thing before breakfast and I felt like death on a stick every time, so for me anyway, forget that. If it works for you that's supposed to be the best way.

Lot of people do treadmills but I can't stand em myself -I live in AZ so I can bike and hike year round which beats the **** out of a treadmill any day in my opinion. Plus I really like swimming laps. There's a ton of stuff you can do that's not boring -even walking when you're starting out might be more enjoyable than a treadmill. I say find cardio stuff you can do that you enjoy -if you don't mind the treadmill then go for it!

Yea I really hate the treadmill but Ill defintly give it a try. As for cardio in the mornings, that could be pretty tough considering I sleep in real late. But ill defintly give it a try probably in 15 minutes since I cant sleep and its 7:00 in the morning. Thanks for the advice guys, i really appreciate the tips from some guys who know.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    u r 19 and jucing? bad idea. 16 pounds gained from the first cycle and a lot of fat? omfg, bro it looks like u should check your diet. bodybuilding is all about diet. I would say 50% of all success is diet, the rest is training and recovery.

I didnt say 16 pounds of fat. Im noticebly bigger since the cycle, but also naturaly im very thick. My diet isnt bad, i mean I know it has its flaws and now that I look back from when i did it( last summer) I realized I didnt have enough protein and defintly way to many carbs. But now that I see what I did, im correcting it. And like you said, 50% of bb is about diet. Your right, i didnt know all that. But thats why now im coming to you guys for all the help. Thanks for the comments, keep em' coming

Omigod you're 19! How'd I miss that? Please ignore my advice and replace it with my standard advice to anyone under 21: DON'T DO GEAR!!

BEAR101 is offline Associate Member
    how much did u lose right after u quit ur cycle? cuz to me it sounds like ur cycle was a bust if u total gain right now was 11 pounds and u still wanna lean down i donno JMO

I just burned off those extra pounds with in the last few weeks. I can easily put the weight back on if i wanted too, but it doesnt look good. the cycle helped me "fill in my skin" with muscle. The cycle defintly wasnt a total bust. After the cycle i continued to put on wieght but it was because my appatite was insane and at the time i worked at a pizza place. If i knew what i know now, i defintly would have done a few things differently.

Thread Information