redmeat is offline Senior Member

pain meds (not for rec use)

Anyone know if codeine interferes with protein synthesis? My joints are shot from powerlifting and I need something for the pain. Deca helps a little but not much.

If this is breaking the rules just delete it.

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Codeine is safe but only masks the problem which is inflamation of the joints and tendons. May want to add an anti-inflamatory with it such as Ibuprofen or others.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Anyone know if codeine interferes with protein synthesis?

Has no effect.

maxex is offline Member
    ultram or ultracet works 10 times better and its a non-narcotic

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Anyone know if codeine interferes with protein synthesis? My joints are shot from powerlifting and I need something for the pain. Deca helps a little but not much.

EQ is actually the best for joints... doesnt answer your question, but might still help...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    EQ is actually the best for joints... doesnt answer your question, but might still help...

Well that's good news since I was actually planning on adding eq in a couple weeks.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not sure about the effect it has on protein synthesis. But I do know for a fact that it takes something out of you. If you have to take it for a few days in a row it drys out your joints and can make you muscles ache. i have cycled many times and through the years I have had teech pull, fingers crush, pass kidney stone. Ans opiotes tear you down. What is ussually the more toxic part of a pain pill is the Achetaphine thats in them. Acetaphine is 7 times more toxic when it is oxidized by the liver. If you take it day in and day out it puts a hurt on you.

Then to the issue of joints and pain medication. A Joint problem requires rehab. i have hurt my back ( powerlifter here too bud) and had to start out back to high reps of 150-200lbs while before the injury I could bust out 500+lbs for reps and could hit a deep 600+lb squat. ANd I do squats in the 12-15rep range sometimes.. Now I can squat 500lbs for 4-6 without it feeling like it is putting too much pressure an my back..

I had a azzhole let me go down to the ground with 485lbs on my back after I failed on my 12-14 rep cant remember. But It took a year to rehab it.

You are gonna hurt yourself worse trying to mask the pain and work through it. The joint problems will only get worse and make it to where you wont have any progress.

I train people day in and day out. If you want some advise on rehabilitating joint injurys just hollar at me. There is also certain things you should be taking to promote connective tissue growth.

If you are a serious powerlifter you need to take HGH . Im gonna take it for the sole purpose of growing connective tissue. I can bench in the upper 400's but it puts alot of stress on my shoulders.. IM hoping HGH and other collagen synthsis increasing drugs will help this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    If you are a serious powerlifter you need to take HGH . Im gonna take it for the sole purpose of growing connective tissue. I can bench in the upper 400's but it puts alot of stress on my shoulders.. IM hoping HGH and other collagen synthsis increasing drugs will help this.

I'm an extremely serious powerlifter and I'd love to take growth but I don't have the money for it yet. Maybe someday.

YOu could take a years worth of HGH for $1,000. Im getting ready to start taking it. Im hoping that I can the connective tissue to lift heavier weights. right now im thiking my muscle could be stronger than my conective tissue.

Im serious you dont want to mask the pain and then workout.

And I believe you dont want to take codiene for recreational use. Not too many people like the side effects of codeine..

Thread Information