frankthetank41778 is offline Junior Member

Angry my arms are going to break

i think they are going to break in half. when i do curls ,especialy straight bar, about 4in up from my wrist flexes. it hurts when i curl, but when i let go of the weight i hurt soooooo bad im acually thinking of not doing them any more. i do hammer curl and the curved bar, but the straight bar needs t obe done too. it hurts with all of them so please dont say to just dont do that. does anyone else have this problem... do you tape your arms, more calcium??? what should i do. its hard to do bis without curls.
    Last edited by frankthetank41778; 01-21-2005 at 12:47 AM. Reason: sp

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    yep, i have em too. its the same basis as shin splints, but in your forearms. basically it sucks ass and you cant do anything about it. i just vary stuff up a ton and dont do straight bar curls that often. tough sh1t i guess.

I get the **** things too. Hurts like heLL.

shin splints. i never thought of it like that b/c i havnt hd them for years. mainly b/c i hate to run, but its every bit that bad. i really think they are going to break owwwww

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Are you on a cycle? If so, my joints sometimes hurt when I get major strength gains during a cycle. I went to GNC(Which I NEVER do) as an emergency due to the fact that my joints were hurting so bad and bought some of their joint complex and it cleared it right up.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    grip the bar harder dont let it slide around at ALL... that helps out alot for me.

im 98% sure its his tendons, if it is kind of off to the side of the arm... is it ?

100% its the bone. i can feel it flex. and it is on the out ide of my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank41778
    100% its the bone. i can feel it flex. and it is on the out ide of my arm.
    i didnt know you could flex your bones?

of course. and it hurts realy bad. some times ts sore for a couple of days

you cant flex your bones.

but anyways the best way to relieve it is take some motrin and put ice on it. oh yea and try wrapping the area really tight when you lift next time, i believe that should help.

thanks guys

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    bump on this for more opinions and advice, I am feeling the same thing. Inside of the forearm about 3"-4" up the from the wrist. Only thing that makes the pain not so intense is when I am done with my set I set the bar down and release my grip very, very slowly. That seems to help a bit.

rest untill it is healed, then start training again properly, you are letting your wrists hang or not gripping hard enough and letting it slide in your hand. something.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    i actually took 3 weeks off, and i still feel it in mine... not as bad,but it's still there.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    my next cycle i'm hoping deca will help,because i used deca in my first cycle,and didn't have this problem.

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    this is not a cure or anything but i get the same thing in my forearms hurts like hell when i lt go of the bar.i find it helps after your set when you put the bar down on the floor squeeze the bar and slowly release it and the pressure seems to go alot faster after doesnt really hurt then.hope this helps.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats what it feels like to me too shin splits. Its something you have to work through. You cant baby it. You do the straight bar at a weight that hurts for a couple months and then it will stop. This happens to everyone that eventually increases their bicep strength. Man up and do them every week.

chionardo is offline Junior Member
    I had the same thing a couple of years ago, it's in intense pain and it feels like its the bone. I dropped the amount of weight I was using and it cleared up in a few months, now I use more weight than I was using originally and I have no pain. It's all about good form and using the right weight.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    .....could be a stress fracture in which case rest and using a EZ curl bar will help a ton. If it is a fascitis (inflammation of the muscle covering), try taking some ibuprofen an hour before workouts and/or add some chondroitin sulfate powder to your protein shake. Good luck!

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    I am in Med school and have the exact same thing your are talking about. It hurts like hell, but I have a remedy. Work out so that you have 2 days off in a row. The following day after a good amount of rest do biceps. Now take any NSAID . Like I am taking naproxen 1 tab every 12 hours every day. 2 weeks ago it hurt so bad I had to stop half way through my bicep routine. Now I am fine. Also If you are like me, you are stacking as much weight as you can handle for 4-6 reps. Watch your form. This in me was part to blame. I was just lifting it as hard and as fast as I could. Form is very inportant and prevents putting undo stress on those tendons and bones. My instuctor said that this is most likely like a shin splint. Small stress fractures in the radius or ulnar. Good Luck
    Last edited by guns626; 01-21-2005 at 08:56 AM.

promiscio is offline Member
    Join the club bro... I get the same problems when I am on a cycle and my bicep strength starts to shoot through the roof. Dont use bars anymore and switch only to dumbells. That seemed to alleviate some of the pain...Motrin will be ur friend...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i get the same thing, i call them forearm splints. They only hurt when I curl with a bar and let go of the bar. I get a lovely shooting pain through my forearms. I just dont curl with a bar any more

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    Can you get the same mass building with using only d-bells? I thought about this but thought that I had to incorporate standing straight bar and preacher curls to get the good muscle tear down. Is this incorrect?

toolman is offline Banned
    I get it as well. Whoever said it is like shin splints is right. What I have been told is that the tendon is lifting off of the boane, hence the pain. The only cure is rest. Maybe one of our docs can give a better description, but the rest helps. Between that and the elbow tendons, I have to skip curls more than I like.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Wow, I never thought so many people had this problem. I agree it's painful to the point that straight bar curls just feel too unsafe to continue. They used to be the staple in my bi routine and my arms showed it. I've resorted to using dumbells only, and I've noticed a decrease in their overall mass.

Bump for more ideas on just exactly we should do. This sucks...and its arm day LoL.

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    What your expierencing is a shin splints in your arm. It comes from to much stress to the bone. Mainly it is the tendons,because when you curl your tendons are stretched then contracted. With too much weight on the bar the stretching out of the tendons adds stress to the bone, causing the pain in your forearm. I had the same problem. Went to a doctor because it never went away. I had it for like 3 years, off and on, mostly on. But I quit working out so hard on my bi days and now i can't feel a thing. But eventually I've gotten back into my old routine of too much weight and fear that they will come back.

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member
    shin splints is when your muscles are pulling on the periosteum (the sheath that covers your bones) of your bones. It mgiht just be that from lifting youve weakened your bones and havent given them time to heal themselves. Just a thought

charlieuk is offline Junior Member
    I started getting these about 2 weeks ago after I changed from doing EZ Bar Curls to using a straight bar....hurts like f*ck. Feels like its the bone, but also feels as though the area just under the bone is inflamed and hurts to touch.

It has started affecting the rest of my workouts, so I'm giving bi's and forearms a rest for a while.

Chocolate is offline Junior Member
    ice and ibuprofen. change your arm workout for 2 months ie. doing something that doesn't hurt your forearms, also workout your forearms.
    i used to get it when i was doing preacher curls.

t-money is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Thats what it feels like to me too shin splits. Its something you have to work through. You cant baby it. You do the straight bar at a weight that hurts for a couple months and then it will stop. This happens to everyone that eventually increases their bicep strength. Man up and do them every week.
    Yep.

T

im glad im not the only one with this problem. monday is going to be my bis day. i think ill saty away from the sraight bar and stick to ez curl and free weights. to those who said to rest. i will back down but i just got back in the gym after several months off. rest might be the best if backing off doesnt help.... but if you cant train hard go home, and ive got cabin fever. lol maybe ill work my legs a little more. thanks again guys for pulling together on this one.

BEAR101 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problem u just gotta take 1-2 weeks off the mucle or spcific excersise? i cant remember what exactly went wrong but i did go to the doctor and he told me to take time off

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    I got these when on cycle doing Cable cross overs.

Thread Information