Tnlifter07 is offline New Member

Newbie ? about Deca

Im going to do a cycle of Deca . This is my first cycle of anything. I've seen 2 ways to cycle the deca. There is a 6 week cycle that goes 200,400,400,400,400,200 mg's per week. Is 400 mg's a week too much Deca for a newbie? Then there is an 8 week cycle that is 200 Mg's every 4 to five 5 days. which cycle should I do? And also do I need to take any pills to keep me from gyno effects?
    Last edited by Tnlifter07; 01-22-2005 at 08:15 PM.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    You need a lot more research, Deca by itself is a very bad idea

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    actually you should do neither. There is no reason to pyramid the doses and 200 mg is probably too low. Since its your first cycle you should do test e or cyp 500 mg/wk for 10 weeks. You will need novla or arimidex for estrogen sides. Deca should not be run alone as it will shut you down hard (a.ka. deca dick) If you run deca it should be run with test. I just realized that you are 19, you are too young to be considering gear. At your age you can gain naturally as well as a lot of people on juice. Just eat and eat and train hard and the results will come. Do a lot more research on this stuff and wait a few more years before hitting the sauce!!

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Ugh I didn't see his age, its not even that, its your cycle choice at that age, no one should be doing Deca alone but you could ruin your HTPA for the rest of your life. Who was the bro on here who did exactly the same thing, ran Deca only when he was 19 and is now like 23, has no sex drive and can't keep an errection? Can't remember... he hasn't been around as much lately

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    lets see a few lbs of muscle or not able to have sex?? Hmm..that's a tough one. I think the choice is obvious

buckwheat is offline Associate Member
    hey tnlifter thats looks like my very first cycle.deca only six week cycle.no pct.im not a hater of deca only cycles.know a few people who had good results including myself.but every ones diffrent.i never shutdown or had deca dick.gained 25 pounds.that was my first cycle.at this point tho im adding test to my cycles.up to you bro.

swoll4589 is offline Member
    enjoy the next 20 years of sex

BRAVO is offline Junior Member
    Test is a must...and never start a cycle without all your stuff to fight off the sides.Just don't get in a hurry to stick yourself---read , learn , then read some more....Plus at 19---you'll grow without the stuff bro---but anyway be careful.

sportsguy is offline New Member
    Tell me and correct me if my thoughts are flawed, cause I have no first hand experience, but I want to know from people who really know first hand, not just rumors:
    Deca , at a low dose cycle 200-400 per wk w/out test will shut you down and possibly give u dd. But, it's not enough to shut you down for that long, just prob during the cycle and a few weeks after. Anyway, test shuts you down post cycle too. This can be signif. reduced/eliminated by using clomid for 3-4 weeks--three wks after your last shot. Also, run tribex after the clomid to significantly bring back normal test and hormone levels. Am I wrong?
    Also, B-6 200 mg ed is good too take w. deca--don't know why
    What is the best anti-e to take for deca--progest. induced gyno?
    Will adding proviron during cycle for some time do any good w. water retention, estrogen, or deca dick?
    BTW Will deca help with strength/power/endurance/cardio sports at all or would it be counter productive?
    Can deca really shut someone down long term? How long?

Adam.S is offline Associate Member
    i am doing deca by itself only 2-3 mils a week just to help me along and i have suffered mild acne and that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    lets see a few lbs of muscle or not able to have sex?? Hmm..that's a tough one. I think the choice is obvious

im juiced at 18 i have no probs with sex at all and im on deca ........ with no test.

buckwheat is offline Associate Member
    i wonder how many of the people who say never do deca alone ,deca dck,all that stuff have actually done deca by it self.

I Think It Effects Everybody Different....i Got A Friend Who Stands Buy The Deca /dbol ....never Had Issues.......but Then Again Someone May Not See There D&ck Hard For Months After A Deca Only Cycle.....but The Majority Of Peeps Will Say To Use Test With It To Lesson The Effects Of Being Shut Down....anyways Good Luck

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to AR. What you need to do is slow down and do some serious research. AS does effect everyone different, but let me put it plain and simple. Yes, Deca and test both shut down your natural Testosterone . But, I'd rather be on test with a constant hardon and have sex constantly, then to have Deca dick. and pyramiding is not a wise idea. Why? you want to be able to keep your blood levels consistant to keep the sides down. And doing Deca for 6 weeks is absolutely a horrible idea. It will take 4 or 5 weeks for the Deca to fully kick in. You need to run it over 10 weeks and you better run it with some TEST.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S
    im juiced at 18 i have no probs with sex at all and im on deca........ with no test.

Doing juice at 18 your going to have a lot more to worry about than sex......Not wise...

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Doing juice at 18 your going to have a lot more to worry about than sex......Not wise...

its not like im overdosing on it. I no people that are 16 on heroin and speed i think they will have more worrys then me........

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Deca

Looks like you have been given a lot of opinions.

My opinion is that you could be OK and make great gains with a deca only cycle. I would not fluctuate the dosage, I would start with around 200 mg to 300 mg per week for a beginner.

Preferably, get a medical work up done first (such as a work up that would be recommended by the new site sponsor, I think Oasis rejuvenation center is their name ?) just to be sure everything is OK. I would also go with a little longer cycle, maybe 10 weeks or so.

I began using steroids at 20, with a doctors prescription (I am now 41). It was not for a medical reason, it was for improving sports performance.The vast majority of the past 21 years I have not been on cycles.

However, I have done some "deca only" cycles and loved them. Got great quality gains, deca also helped with joint pains a lot (I had and still have old football injuries).

These cycles were completed with no adverse sexual side effects, and no adverse side effects of any kind. One of the great things about deca is that it is "safe", at least in comparison to other steroids. At this dosage I don't think gyno would be a problem, I never had any gyno problem from Deca (I did from Test, though). If you did have gyno problems it is my understanding that a heavy dosage of vitamin B 6 helps.

From my experience I don't think you need 400 mg per week for a first cycle. I have done about half that dosage, but I am a very easy gainer.

I am assuming you have "good" deca (I use Organon deca).

Good Luck and be safe

needle is offline Senior Member
    DECA by itself = DECA dick, run it with TEST!!!! DECA wont blow you up, you need other AS with it!

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Nandrolone is used to chemically castrate rape convicts, so yes deca without test will shut you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.S
    its not like im overdosing on it. I no people that are 16 on heroin and speed i think they will have more worrys then me........

Not a flame bro, but you have no idea about juicing..You better do some research about all the negative effects juice can have at your age. It has nothing to do with overdosing!!!! For starters, Do you even realize you can prematurely close your growth plates? And from you wanting to pyramid a Deca only cycle for 6 weeks, only shows me you aren't even close to doing steroids . I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm trying to make sure you make the right decision.

Thread Information