Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChefJ is offline Senior Member

Experience with a search warrant??

Any one on here have experience with a search warrant and what they usually will look through???

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    If you are issued a search warrent you will recieve a copy of it. The search warrent will clearly state what they can search... they are only able to search the area listed within the search warrent without concent.

Why do you ask?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Clean your house if you're worried about it. Either that or hide things extremely well... (buried in the backyard, in a ceiling tile, etc)

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    When you look at it, it will say who is authorized to help with the execution of the warrant. Make sure every cop in your house is named on the warrant. If they're not, tell them to leave immediately. Also, you can remain in the house as long as you don't interfere with the search. You can watch them and take pictures of everyone in there for future reference. Make them feel uneasy.

Unless they place you under arrest, no one has the right to tell you what to do, or touch you. If one of the officers touches you, tell him that he is under citizens arrest for assault. Make sure other officers see this. Then tell the other officers that you are delivering this man to them. They will not, cannot take it as a joke. If they do, it's a Federal offense, with punishment up to 2 years in jail.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    (buried in the backyard, in a ceiling tile, etc)
    Never bury it! Their dogs find it in 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Never bury it! Their dogs find it in 2 seconds.
    Can drug dogs smell steroids ?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Can drug dogs smell steroids?

Not that i'm aware of, but they're trained to seek for buried treasure.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    When you look at it, it will say who is authorized to help with the execution of the warrant. Make sure every cop in your house is named on the warrant. If they're not, tell them to leave immediately. Also, you can remain in the house as long as you don't interfere with the search. You can watch them and take pictures of everyone in there for future reference. Make them feel uneasy.

Unless they place you under arrest, no one has the right to tell you what to do, or touch you. If one of the officers touches you, tell him that he is under citizens arrest for assault. Make sure other officers see this. Then tell the other officers that you are delivering this man to them. They will not, cannot take it as a joke. If they do, it's a Federal offense, with punishment up to 2 years in jail.
    Maybe that's how they do it in Canada? But, in the U.S. officers don't have to be named on the search warrant to help execute it. There will be an affiant listed on the search warrant but he/she can bring a boatload of agent/cops/officers/or any other sworn dude/dudette.

Also, no cop/officer/agent is going to allow you to move around the house/premises as it is being cleared or searched. You WILL be detained until you are fully identified and if you are a visitor or bystander then you will be released. If you are the one that owns the premise/conveyance that the search warrant applies to then you will be detained (under their control) or arrested if illegal contraband is found.

By the way...ever heard of a "Terry Frisk?" If an officer can articulate there is reasonable suspicion that you are armed...and a search warrant related to drugs entails a good degree of suspicion that the individual is armed...you will be patted down for weapons. A search warrant does not automatically give an officer the right to conduct a frisk...however, reasons consider in giving the search warrant can lead to reasonable suspicion.

This applies to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    Any one on here have experience with a search warrant and what they usually will look through???

Regarding what they can look through, it will be listed on the search warrant. Anywhere reasonable that the item they are searching for can be hidden is open to search. For example....if an ounce of cocaine is listed then they can look anywhere cocaine can be hidden(bascially anywhere). On the other hand...if machine guns are listed on the warrant, then the bread box would be out of the question. Bread boxes can not secret a big arse machine gun.
    Last edited by Knight1811; 01-24-2005 at 04:04 AM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Incorrect. All the info i posted was pulled from an American board, and posted by an American lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    Maybe that's how they do it in Canada? But, in the U.S. officers don't have to be named on the search warrant to help execute it. There will be an affiant listed on the search warrant but he/she can bring a boatload of agent/cops/officers/or any other sworn dude/dudette.

Also, no cop/officer/agent is going to allow you to move around the house/premises as it is being cleared or searched. You WILL be detained until you are fully identified and if you are a visitor or bystander then you will be released. If you are the one that owns the premise/conveyance that the search warrant applies to then you will be detained (under their control) or arrested if illegal contraband is found.

By the way...ever heard of a "Terry Frisk?" If an officer can articulate there is reasonable suspicion that you are armed...and a search warrant related to drugs entails a good degree of suspicion that the individual is armed...you will be patted down for weapons. A search warrant does not automatically give an officer the right to conduct a frisk...however, reasons consider in giving the search warrant can lead to reasonable suspicion.

This applies to the U.S.

Can drug dogs smell steroids?
    No...Blitz is 100% correct, though. The dogs search for "your" scent in places it shouldn't be...and if it's a random spot in your garden, they'll dig.

Don't hide stuff in VCR's, ceiling tiles, potted plants, etc...it's been done before, and they know those tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    No...Blitz is 100% correct, though. The dogs search for "your" scent in places it shouldn't be...and if it's a random spot in your garden, they'll dig.

Don't hide stuff in VCR's, ceiling tiles, potted plants, etc...it's been done before, and they know those tricks.
    So is there any decent place to hid stuff or is your only option to get it out of the house?

How about book safes and those electrical faceplates that open into a compartment?

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Knight is correct. I have been in a bust for narcotics. It was not me selling, but I was there. They will come in and cuff everyone! Nobody is left to walk around or talk some stupid citizens arrest crap to a cop. You get ballsy with them and they will rough you up! I saw it happen.
    They will tear the house apart. Nothing will be unturned or unopened. They looked in food items in the freezer, coffe cans, flour canisters, everything! It will look like a tornado cam through when they leave. If you own the home, they will threaten to start tearing into the walls and all that crap. If someone takes the blame for whatever they found, and says that nobody else knew anything about it, they will not haul everyone off in the patty wagon. If you have a heads up with them coming with a warrant, you are good to go. Clean house! If it is a surprise bust, it is tough sh!t!

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Thats not how it works. I've been in a bust, and years later, worked on an A.F.B. where they train the dogs to sniff for explosives and drugs. Your epithelials will be everywhere, therefore the dog would not stop smelling "your" scent in or around your home. They can pick up faint odors of the narcotics on money if it passed through the hands or was in a room where a lab was.

DownTownNY is offline Banned
    OK bottom line...get ur stuff outa ur house far far away...to a secure location...were NO1 knowz other than urself.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    whats the thought about keeping stuff in light fixtures that require screws to be removed? I wont mention what type of light, but its not a regular light in a room that youd normally need or want to turn on

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    well im from the uk and here if the cops raid your place they do look everywhwere and i do mean everywhere i have been turned over 3 times personally and it is not a pleasant thing and dont listen to that citizens arrest crap shut up and do what your told or they will get nasty try that cits arrest crap trhey all gang up on you.and you domnt want that.best bets is to put the gear in a place where they would never think of looking(a mates house)bottom line get it out of there.good luck bro

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    are you about to get busted?
    Give us an update dude.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Nothing yet. It is now 6oclock pm. and barney fife hasn't showed up I am a little more relaxed. I will be at work all day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrm
    Thats not how it works. .
    I've seen it done. At my house. The dog went to a spot in my Garden and they dug up my Gear. Thats how it worked.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I've seen it done. At my house. The dog went to a spot in my Garden and they dug up my Gear. Thats how it worked.
    Hard to argue with that.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I would bet the bank on it that there are some dogs out there that can smell AS. They can train a dog to detect anything, even termites so why wouldn't they be able to train one to smell testosterone , eq etc?
    Now I'm not sayin every drug dog out there can detect it but i'm sure they have some that can. Customs would probably have one.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Hard to argue with that.

No shiit! LOL, what was going through your head when you saw the dog start to dig?? Dam bro, that's rough!

jerzeyfiveoh is offline New Member
    lord. you are 1000 % wrong and knight is absolutely right. whatever lawyer you got your info from, i suggest to NEVER retain him. i have been on over 100 search warrants and nothing you said is correct.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeyfiveoh
    lord. you are 1000 % wrong and knight is absolutely right. whatever lawyer you got your info from, i suggest to NEVER retain him. i have been on over 100 search warrants and nothing you said is correct.

Well stop talking out your ass, and back it up!

jerzeyfiveoh is offline New Member
    i am not going to retype everything that he has already posted. the bottom line is, if you are the subject of the search warrant, you are detained until the search is over. most times, there is usually an arrest warrant for the person too, so they are usually automatically placed under arrest. as far as the actual search goes, the police may look ANYWHERE that the item or items that they are looking for can be hidden. i can go on, but i am exhausted. i will add more tomorrow. not busting your chops, just dont believe that lawyer. he is nuts

gya321 is offline Member
    A couple of my buddys houses were raided and they tore them up. They go through all your food and cereal boxes. So be safe bro.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    First of all, no one in this thread has proved what i posted was wrong. So there is nothing too re-type. All the people in this thread should back up their cheap talk with some proof before coming out and saying...No bro, you're wrong! But i can't prove it, and i can't back anything i say up. Secondly, I do know a lot about Canadian law, and a fair amount about American law, and personal rights. You need to go back and read my posts. I didn't say that they could only look in certain places, as you're saying in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzeyfiveoh
    i am not going to retype everything that he has already posted. the bottom line is, if you are the subject of the search warrant, you are detained until the search is over. most times, there is usually an arrest warrant for the person too, so they are usually automatically placed under arrest. as far as the actual search goes, the police may look ANYWHERE that the item or items that they are looking for can be hidden. i can go on, but i am exhausted. i will add more tomorrow. not busting your chops, just dont believe that lawyer. he is nuts
    Last edited by LORDBLiTZ; 01-25-2005 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I would bet the bank on it that there are some dogs out there that can smell AS. They can train a dog to detect anything, even termites so why wouldn't they be able to train one to smell testosterone , eq etc?
    Now I'm not sayin every drug dog out there can detect it but i'm sure they have some that can. Customs would probably have one.
    they would be barking like hell in my corn oil cabinet!

Angelis is offline Banned
    What I heard is they can search anywhere except stuff like safes and stuff... unless it says so on the search warrant... but they can also stay there until they call up the judge and get the new warrant.

Dont quote me on that though thats just what I heard from someone.

Ok...as I said...the drug sniffing dog went into my garden, and they dug up my gear and I was arrested. WTF? Why would I make that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    What I heard is they can search anywhere except stuff like safes and stuff... unless it says so on the search warrant... but they can also stay there until they call up the judge and get the new warrant.

Dont quote me on that though thats just what I heard from someone.
    You're correct. For example: If the warrant delineates the search for a shotgun...then a safe will not be able to house a big ass shotgun so that would not be a reasonable place to look. However, if the ossifers/agents can articulate the need to search the safe then they can get another warrant to include the safe or whatever else they can articulate.
    Now, since this is an AS related warrant....AS can be hidden in a safe and it is reasonable to suspect that someone will hide AS in a safe, therefore the safe will be searched in an AS related warrant without additional articulation.

Knight1811

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    so where is the safest place to hide your ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolica
    so where is the safest place to hide your ****?
    I like the idea of hiding it somewhere else other than your house. For me, with once a week injections, its plausable.

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    I couldnt do that. knowone else know's i use gear and makeing frequent trips to someone house would be suspicious . that and I dont drive so that wont work.

I have no choice but to hide it somewhere in my house. The worst place is probably your bedroom right as cops would make that their first priority.

So where??

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet

Lightbulb

Why do you ask is my only question???

BTW

Talking about hiding spots on an open board is not exactly smart...
    Just my .02 cents, but then what the hell do I know?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolica
    I couldnt do that. knowone else know's i use gear and makeing frequent trips to someone house would be suspicious . that and I dont drive so that wont work.

I have no choice but to hide it somewhere in my house. The worst place is probably your bedroom right as cops would make that their first priority.

So where??
    I have heard of people putting it in baggies and putting the baggies in the top of your toilet where the water is held...who would look there for gear?

Thumbs down

Maybe a very well trained cop. They fuking train them well for that trust me..

Also guess my post about not posting openly places to hide Sh*t went
    completely un-noticed... Smart, let's talk about all the way to beat the
    police on a open board they surely monitor... Dumb just fuking Dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    I have heard of people putting it in baggies and putting the baggies in the top of your toilet where the water is held...who would look there for gear?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Maybe a very well trained cop. They fuking train them well for that trust me..

Also guess my post about not posting openly places to hide Sh*t went
    completely un-noticed... Smart, let's talk about all the way to beat the
    police on a open board they surely monitor... Dumb just fuking Dumb...

Hell even a very dim cop would look there. When i got rolled they started in my celing space and went as far as moving dresser drawers and rolling the carpet back.Bottom line is if they have gone to the effort of a warrant they are going to be thorough, they get pretty upset and look very stupid if they find nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information