LittleMeth is offline Junior Member

saw palmetto

Does "saw palmetto" affect gains in and out of a cycle

LittleMeth is offline Junior Member
    bump

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    come on!!! I know someone know's this.

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    I take it with every cycle at 1000mg/day. Never affected my gains bro. I much rather be safe then sorry. you might aslo want to look into "proscar" helps out the prostate and the hair i take them both.

russianbear, how much hair did you loose, or how much did u notice falling out in the shower? none, a few, more than 10?

bro alot of hair more like a 100 or so a day. Its all good though usually after i get off it grows back "its weird". I am not really that concerned though at this point just want to gro. I also got some "Nizoral2%" that helped a bit. I think "Halo" really f*** with my hair the most.

I take "Saw Plametto" for the prostate during "test cyles" not really as much for the hair. I think "Proscar" would be your best choice if you are concerned about hair loss.

I know you loose more than that many hairs aday when loosing your hair. I ment in the shower noticably. I hope saw palmetto works atleast a bit. Only time will tell!

thanks for reply RB

androplex is offline Donating Member
    My friends Dad was taking for prostate problems. Dont know about the cycle questions but pretty sure that its know as a homeopathic herb.
    "Saw Palmetto
    Saw Palmetto is primarily used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), an enlargement of the prostate gland that affects about half of all men older than fifty. BPH is a noncancerous growth of the prostate gland. If the prostate grows in mature men, it pinches the urethra, or urine tube, and problems begin, including painful urination and frequent nighttime trips to the bathroom. Researchers estimate that BPH affects about ten million men in the United States -- some in their forties, half of all men older than fifty, and four out of every five men older than eighty.

Research conducted in Europe since the beginning of the 1980's shows that saw palmetto reduced by nearly 50 percent the number of times BPH sufferers had to get up to go to the bathroom during the night and significantly reduced painful of difficult urination. More recently, researchers compared a saw palmetto extract with finasteride, the conventional BPH drug. The study involved 1,098 men diagnosed with BPH, and researchers concluded that both treatments relieved BPH symptoms in about two-thirds of the men. But while the finasteride reduced the prostate size it also decreased sex drive and potency. Saw palmetto didn't show a significant reduction in prostate size, but the men taking the herb did not see a deduction in sex drive or impotency. Before scientists turned their microscopes to saw palmetto, Native Americans used the berries as a general tonic and to treat impotence.

The herb has become very popular in the United States and it is the fifth top-selling phytomedicine on the market, according to a 1998 survey by Whole Foods magazine. Today in Germany alone, the sale of BPH products totals about $400 million, and 90 percent of those sales are herbal preparations using saw palmetto" © Vita-Supplements Group 2000. All Rights Reserved. [email protected]

Ironweb is offline Member
    Prostate protection that should be enough to take it. Will not effect your gains. I believe everyone should add it to their supplements when cycling. That is a possible side effect and it is a safe and affordable way to protect yourself against that. It is the convertion to DHT test that causes the prostate to enlarge and saw palmetto is used to block it. That is why people find that they may grow hair back because it is DHT that causes hair loss.

Thread Information