boffo is offline Junior Member

hair loss on just test prop???

i am into a test prop only cycle excatly 3 weeks today at 100mg ed, and the last week or so my head has a continually itching sensation and hair on the pillow in the mourning and in my hand evry mourning when i shower! i though test prop was a safer bet when it came to hair loss?? i am currently using 1g of saw pallmetto ed and use nizoral shampoo every mourning (nizoraol shampoo seems to help with the itch alote but comes back half way through the day) is there anything eles i can use besides finastride (and all them other names for it?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    hair replacement

whats with the oasis thing?? doc prescib stuff?? anyone on that??

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    i though test prop was a safer bet when it came to hair loss??
    This is totally untrue - in this case test really is test ( & test is baaad on the hair )- the only upside of prop & hairloss is that if you stop the prop, then the hairloss will stop quicker (as the prop clears quicker)

If you wanna keep your hair then either stop the prop (sounds like a song) or get on that finasteride (or better still dutasteride) - ( saw palmetto is crap for hairloss ) & if your shedding is real bad get some minox & or some topical spironolactone (or azeliec acid)

GL D.O.E

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    dam,..thats a little quick for hairloss isnt it?

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Why wouldn't you want to use finastride/propecia? It has a very small occurance of side effects and it directly stops the extra test in you from converting to DHT. If I was losing my hair I would be all over that stuff.

get on that finasteride (or better still dutasteride)

what is dutastride this new to me??

dam,..thats a little quick for hairloss isnt it?
    He maybe v sensitive to DHT? Could be just paranoid tho...
    How old are you boffo ?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    durastride

Quote Originally Posted by C130nav
    Why wouldn't you want to use finastride/propecia? It has a very small occurance of side effects and it directly stops the extra test in you from converting to DHT. If I was losing my hair I would be all over that stuff.
    i know what you mean! its just that $300 bucks for a supply of proscar is hard on the wallet you know! and it wouldnt start working until i was about done with the cycle!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl
    He maybe v sensitive to DHT? Could be just paranoid tho...
    How old are you boffo ?
    im 25! not paranoid...

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Go with a research company such as ARR and it will be less than 50 bucks. Also it starts working within 24 hours. It just takes a few weeks for it to become fully active.

Quote Originally Posted by C130nav
    Go with a research company such as ARR and it will be less than 50 bucks. Also it starts working within 24 hours. It just takes a few weeks for it to become fully active.
    are you talking about the finastride or the durastride or are they the same thing?

im 25! not paranoid...
    OK - use a reasearch place (like ARR) for finasteride - it'll be dead cheap (or buy proscar tabs & split them into 4 quarters = 1.25mg (ED))

For dutasteride I use :
    http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/customer/home.php?cat=3

about $1 per 0.5mg gelcap (use 1 ED)

Dutasteride is better at stopping hairloss ( so no they're not the same thing, but they work in a similar way )

Avodart (Dutasteride) - 0.5mg (30 Capsules)

Duprost (Generic Avodart) - 0.5mg (10 Capsules)

Dutas (Generic Avodart) - 0.5mg (10 Capsules)

which do you use??
    do they all work just as good?? being ones cheaper than the other??

I use Duprost just cos it's cheapest (I've also used dutas)
    they all contain the same amount of dutasteride - so yes they should all work the same.

GL & stay hairy!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl
    I use Duprost just cos it's cheapest (I've also used dutas)
    they all contain the same amount of dutasteride - so yes they should all work the same.

GL & stay hairy!
    i will have to use that stuff! thanks duke for the website too!

Abombz04 is offline New Member
    Boffo, sorry to say bro, but no matter what you take to prevent hairloss, especially on a cycle, isn't really going to help ... It's only going to prolong the inevitable ... I've been juicing for quite some time and I've dealt with many different products for preventing hair loss ... I've used things like Azeliac Acid, spironolactone and even finasteride and the results have been minimal ... I just got a hair transplant about 3 weeks ago, and that is the only way to go ... It's expensive, but it's worth it ... Check your PM's bro I'm gonna try and help u out ...

Boffo, sorry to say bro, but no matter what you take to prevent hairloss, especially on a cycle It's only going to prolong the inevitable
    Well that's exactly what were after - keeping the hair as long as poss.

And what you say doesn't hold for the majority of users (ie unless you're really sensitive to AS & a bad responder to 5AR blockers etc..)

Both my grandfathers were bald by 25 & my dad was bald by 30 - I started loosing hair about 6 years ago (i'm 33) & started finasteride & then moved to dutasteride - I now have more hair than when I first started loosing it ( & yes I've done a few cycles )
    Last edited by Duke of Earl; 01-25-2005 at 05:54 AM.

Abombz04 is offline New Member
    Hey Duke, I'm glad that you grew back your hair and then some, I guess you're one of the lucky ones ... I even questioned the whole Dutasteride/Finasteride ordeal with the doctor who transplanted my hair, and he even told me only about 60 percent of those who use those drugs grow their hair back ... I think there are reports indicating those facts floating around somewhere ... I never tried Dutasteride, but I was on finasteride for about 7-8 months, and I didn't notice that much of a difference, if any at all ... I guess it all depends on how sensitive to MPB you are, but still, if you are truely concerned with hair loss then a HTP is your best bet, the only thing that sucks is the cost, but most places offer payment plans ... Again, congrats on your regrowth of hair, wish I had it like that, but then again I had a htp done a few weeks ago so it's all good ...

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abombz04
    Hey Duke, I'm glad that you grew back your hair and then some, I guess you're one of the lucky ones ... I even questioned the whole Dutasteride/Finasteride ordeal with the doctor who transplanted my hair, and he even told me only about 60 percent of those who use those drugs grow their hair back ... I think there are reports indicating those facts floating around somewhere ... I never tried Dutasteride, but I was on finasteride for about 7-8 months, and I didn't notice that much of a difference, if any at all ... I guess it all depends on how sensitive to MPB you are, but still, if you are truely concerned with hair loss then a HTP is your best bet, the only thing that sucks is the cost, but most places offer payment plans ... Again, congrats on your regrowth of hair, wish I had it like that, but then again I had a htp done a few weeks ago so it's all good ...
    i would rather be buff and bald

he even told me only about 60 percent of those who use those drugs grow their hair back
    Yeah -this is true, I think it might even be lower, I wouldn't bank on any regrowth with 5AR blockers - just be happy if it stops your hairloss or even just slows it down. I started using finasteride the minute I noticed any hairloss & it has worked well for me, but I agree - not everyone responds as well - like any drug really.

Thread Information