chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Cycle after surgery?

Ok well as some of you know I have a bum shoulder...I am having surgery tomorrow (distal clavical resection) they are removing bone from my collar bone because it is hitting my AC joint. He said about 6 weeks till I can hit the weights again. Obviously I want to bounce back as fast as possible without injury. My question is what do you guys think of starting a cycle 6 weeks after surgery? OR.....Would a simple cycle of test help me heal faster?

Thanks and wish me luck

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Are you talking about a 6 week cycle directly after your surgery?!?! Personally i would wait till you are completly healed and then lift naturally for about 3 months to reduce the risk of injury.. remember it will all come back quick if you have proper diet and training.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    Are you talking about a 6 week cycle directly after your surgery?!?! Personally i would wait till you are completly healed and then lift naturally for about 3 months to reduce the risk of injury.. remember it will all come back quick if you have proper diet and training.
    i agree

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah bro u dont want test runing through ur veins while ur going through rehab. make sure u're 100% then hit the test. u wanna build a foundation to build on not start from scratch.

No, start a cycle 6 weeks after I have the surgery when I am ready to lift again. Remember they are not touching any ligaments or tendons just cutting off a small section of bone. The doc says its a pretty quick recovery .... And what if I start a cycle and lift kinda light for a few weeks first.
    Last edited by chuck89gt5.0; 01-25-2005 at 05:41 PM.

6 weeks will be the time needed for everything to heal. from the first day after surgery to the 6th week u will only be doing rehab and in no shape to start a cycle. in 6 weeks you can have a significant amount of muscle waste. after 6 weeks hit the gym hard and nartural for a month or two then hit a cycle. you will show more results. reason being is your muscle memory will kick in once u start hitting the gym hard again and youll bounce back very fast naturally.

So in your guys' opinion ABOUT how long should I wait after surgery? 2 months maybe?
    I just cant wait to get back in gear!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Dont' push your natural abilities after rehab, your body might not be able to handle the overload of strength and cause further damage. I'd wait ATLEAST a couple months after you're back lifting and getting your strength back. I had both my knees scoped and as soon as i was able to start lifting again, i started juicing again, wouldnt ya know it? I tore cartilage in both knees 3 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Dont' push your natural abilities after rehab, your body might not be able to handle the overload of strength and cause further damage. I'd wait ATLEAST a couple months after you're back lifting and getting your strength back. I had both my knees scoped and as soon as i was able to start lifting again, i started juicing again, wouldnt ya know it? I tore cartilage in both knees 3 weeks later.
    let that be an example to take ur time. i was given the okay to workout again in August and i am still natural. I am ready now to start a cycle now but i made sure i put myself through the paces and built a good base to cycle with. you'll know when your ready. you'll hit a plateau

Ok thanks guys.I go in for surgery in 45 minutes =(

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Ok thanks guys.I go in for surgery in 45 minutes =(
    surgery is great i wish i could replicate the feeling of being put under every night before bed. Good luck and God Speed!

This sucks ass......big time. i am getting smaller by the minute.

Thanks F.I

Hey would any supplments aid in recovery??

Thread Information