Jay J is offline Junior Member

Arimidex & Nolva, help please.

I have read the articles & stickies on PCT. I have used nolva in the past. I will be running Pct for 4 weeks. How would I use these together? Both at the same time? Split them up? Any help would be appreciated.

I am finishing up the last of my "legal" stash. M1T 20mgs ed & 4AD 600mgs ed. I have used Nolva & 6OXO with this in the past & it has done a good job. I was wondering if adding the arimidex to the nolva would help. Thanks.

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    arimidex is good to run with the cycle not after.
    Why is arimidex not good to run during PCT? I have ran it with PCT before along with nolva and I kept almost all my gains. Letro is bad to run for PCT, but I have never hear arimidex being bad to run during PCT. I am not saying you are wrong, I just never heard of that before.

Well, I have heard about letro causing an estrogen rebound effect like that, but I have never read or heard of arimidex having an estrogen rebound effect too. Interesting.

I always heard there was more of a rebound effect from Nolva than arimidex . Is this not true? Also should I just save my arimidex for my next cycle to run during the cycle? BTW, next cycle will be AAS.

Is this the post you are referring to:

http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=125162

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Why is arimidex not good to run during PCT? I have ran it with PCT before along with nolva and I kept almost all my gains. Letro is bad to run for PCT, but I have never hear arimidex being bad to run during PCT. I am not saying you are wrong, I just never heard of that before.

i posted this before, ldex has positive effects when ran through pct, i run all the way through and a week past pct, it raises your test levels,heres a case study
    Effects of aromatase inhibition in elderly men with low or borderline-low serum testosterone levels .
    Leder BZ, Rohrer JL, Rubin SD, Gallo J, Longcope C.
    Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA.
    As men age, serum testosterone levels decrease, a factor that may contribute to some aspects of age-related physiological deterioration. Although androgen replacement has been shown to have beneficial effects in frankly hypogonadal men, its use in elderly men with borderline hypogonadism is controversial. Furthermore, current testosterone replacement methods have important limitations. We investigated the ability of the orally administered aromatase inhibitor, anastrozole, to increase endogenous testosterone production in 37 elderly men (aged 62-74 yr) with screening serum testosterone levels less than 350 ng/dl. Subjects were randomized in a double-blind fashion to the following 12-wk oral regimens: group 1: anastrozole 1 mg daily (n = 12); group 2: anastrozole 1 mg twice weekly (n = 11); and group 3: placebo daily (n = 14). Hormone levels, quality of life (MOS Short-Form Health Survey), sexual function (International Index of Erectile Function), benign prostate hyperplasia severity (American Urological Association Symptom Index Score), prostate-specific antigen, and measures of safety were compared among groups. Mean +/- SD bioavailable testosterone increased from 99 +/- 31 to 207 +/- 65 ng/dl in group 1 and from 115 +/- 37 to 178 +/- 55 ng/dl in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = 0.054 group 1 vs. group 2). Total testosterone levels increased from 343 +/- 61 to 572 +/- 139 ng/dl in group 1 and from 397 +/- 106 to 520 +/- 91 ng/dl in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = 0.012 group 1 vs. group 2). Serum estradiol levels decreased from 26 +/- 8 to 17 +/- 6 pg/ml in group 1 and from 27 +/- 8 to 17 +/- 5 pg/ml in group 2 (P < 0.001 vs. placebo for both groups and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2). Serum LH levels increased from 5.1 +/- 4.8 to 7.9 +/- 6.5 U/liter and from 4.1 +/- 1.6 to 7.2 +/- 2.8 U/liter in groups 1 and 2, respectively (P = 0.007 group 1 vs. placebo, P = 0.003 group 2 vs. placebo, and P = NS group 1 vs. group 2). Scores for hematocrit, MOS Short-Form Health Survey, International Index of Erectile Function, and American Urological Association Symptom Index Score did not change. Serum prostate-specific antigen levels increased in group 2 only (1.7 +/- 1.0 to 2.2 +/- 1.5 ng/ml, P = 0.031, compared with placebo). These data demonstrate that aromatase inhibition increases serum bioavailable and total testosterone levels to the youthful normal range in older men with mild hypogonadism. Serum estradiol levels decrease modestly but remain within the normal male range. The physiological consequences of these changes remain to be determined.
    Publication Types:
    * Clinical Trial
    * Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 15001605 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dirtdawg, I agree with you, I have always read and heard that it is fine to take ldex throughout PCT

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    dirtdawg, I agree with you, I have always read and heard that it is fine to take ldex throughout PCT
    No... once you are a week after your last injection, your estrogen is going to be on the decline in a big way just like your testosterone is on the decline. If you have low or no testosterone, same happens to your estrogen conversion, male's body cannot make estrogen, it can only convert it from androgens like testosterone and its close cousins. When you go to a zero estrogen situation, it makes your cholesterol and other levels get even worst. In fact if you do too much aromatase inhibitors like arimidex , letro, etc and if its too effective at killing estrogen conversion, you've ruined your whole cycle and damaged your health. Lack of estrogen will funk up your lipids, ability to recover in PCT and bunch of other problems.

Thread Information