Forgiveness is offline Junior Member

Forearm Splints?

I have a good deal of soreness on the underside of both forearmes. It feels like shin splints, only on the arms. It hurts most right after a heavy set of straight bar curls. Like right when I rack the weight, both my forearms throb with sharp pain like right on the bone, but the pain quickly subsides.

Anybody know what this is?
    Last edited by Forgiveness; 01-31-2008 at 11:14 AM.

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    there was a thread on this not so long ago i get them aswell b****y kills doesnt it thers not alot you can do about it as far as i know.try resting them for a while that sometimes helps and i find wearing tubed bandades on your arms for support helps aswell. also when you rack the wheights really grip them hard then slowly let off the pressure that helps alot.hope this is of some help.

Forgiveness is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I have to let go of the bar extremely slowly and move my arms down from the bar slowly too. But the pain is gone by the time the next set comes around. Thanks for the help

Does it have to do with gear?

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    no mine always do it but the gear could make it worst(pain wise) as your pushing more weight etc so just take that into consideration when working on your biceps.but use the sports bandages the tube grip ones they also really help.take it easy bro good luck

GettinSwoll47 is offline Associate Member
    i had a friend that had that before, the doc told him all he could do is rest...

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    hey man i had they same exact thing like beggining of last year and wut i did was, i stopped doing barbell curls for about 4-6 months then started again and ive never had it again since. when i had it, i had to let go of the bar real slow to gradually take the weight pressure off, wierd. but maybe try wut i did, hopefully it'll work for u too. Although i do occasionally get it like maybe once every 2 months but its nowhere near as bad and i dont need to be gentle when putting down the weight.

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgiveness
    Does it have to do with gear?
    when i had it i wasnt on the gear as far as i can remember, so no IMO.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I used to get it all the time but then I started working out my forearms seperately on a day and it helps ALOT. I wasnt on gear at that time by the way.

crowmobe is offline Junior Member
    iv had the same prolem i just take advil before i work out and it seems to stop the pain

mrgoodbar is offline New Member
    I had similar experience to beast... i got it REAL bad on my first cycle... it was using the preacher bar that got me... so i just started using dumbells instead ... working forearms a little extra also helped i think
    defintely give the bar a rest though

peump is offline Senior Member
    i've delt with this and the best thing for me was to stregthen my forearms
    i would do 3 or 4 sets of some kind of forearm movement on the same day as bi's
    it worked for me

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive had that problem for several years now, it only hurts right when putting the bar down and letting go after doing barbell curls. I just dont do barbell curls anymore. I also have very well developed forearms and train them regularly. I started getting the pains when I started training my forearms regularly. Oh well it doesnt bother me any other time.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    i had it a while ago. stopped bar curls for like 6 months. started again, lighter weight, and i was fine. I think the problem is underdeveloped tendons and overdeveloped muscles. Tendons arent strong enough for the weight you can do......

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    And it's all about your form, rest untill it heals up completely(goto something that dosent make it hurt like preecher curls worked for me lighter weight) And when they feel better make sure you have perfect form when you start the exercise again.

padik01 is offline New Member
    I had forearm splints before. You treat them just like shin splints. I got an 8 oz. dixie or styraphome cup, froze it the after I was done playing football or lifting weights I would ice my forearms. just peal away at the cup as the ice melts. You have to rub the Ice on your forearms pretty hard, and for about 15 minutes, but if you did this after every workout it should go away after a week or so. Thats how it worked for me.

Thread Information