worldtraveln is offline Associate Member

Would this be safe?

I was thinking about putting my gear in a saline soultion bottle. You know for contacts. I was reading that the soultion is sterile and I assume even if you can't empty it entirely it would be safe to inject miniscule amounts mixed with you gear. I mean it goes in your eye with no problems. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I'm just thinking of the container of Saline for your nose though........but I would say no. The container is sterile enough for something you are putting in your eye, but not for something you would inject into yourself IM. Plus you would probably contaminate it just by exposing it to the air as you poured it in.

Why do you want to put it in there? To throw off suspicion or something? Just hide it well. If your gear containers are damaged in some way your stuff probably isn't safe to use at the point, in which case its a lost cause.

If you really want to put your stuff in a different container, inject it into another sterile vial that you can buy online.

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    I was trying to find out a way to transport it safely without arousing suspicion. BTW I was talking about contact lens solution(saline) not the nose spray type.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    That's asking for an abscess.

I've done it that way, and just re-filtered it into a multi-use vial when I got home (from Mexico). I didn't have any problems, or get any abcesses, etc...

Thread Information