View Poll Results: Do you get acne because of AAS?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - usually everytime

38 38.38%
  • Yes - sometimes

27 27.27%
  • No - nothing

8 8.08%
  • No - hardly anything

26 26.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ace ventura is offline Member

Post Acne: Who breaks out during cycle? Vote!

I just want to get an impression of how many of you statistically get acne problems because of AAS use.

Please feal free to share your expeiences and tell what gear and doses etc. that cause you to get acne.

Also, tell me if you acne is mild, moderate or severe.
    Last edited by ace ventura; 01-30-2005 at 08:54 PM.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I get more acne during and after PCT than I do during cycle

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I didn't break out my first 3 cycles... but the last two my back looked like a pepperoni pizza. sux, but its the price we pay I guess. are there any good meds to help with acne? I'm about to start a cycle and would love to head it off. also, it seems TEST is the culprit..

~R

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I must admit that I am prone to acne. Had it bad as a teenager and even prior to cycling, just workouting out hard caused me to break out (in my late 30's for cryin out loud). In my 1st first cycle test cyp / deca I have been breaking out mildly on my face a and little on my back. I am telling you from someone who has tried everything Dawn soap works about as well as anything I have tried. My advice, on cycle do not miss a single day showering with Dawn. That way oil does not have a chance to build up. It is not a magic bullet, but Dawn does work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I didn't break out my first 3 cycles... but the last two my back looked like a pepperoni pizza. sux, but its the price we pay I guess. are there any good meds to help with acne? I'm about to start a cycle and would love to head it off. also, it seems TEST is the culprit..

~R
    Yes, there are actually. Many people get good results with B5 vitamine (phanotenic acid). Shortly, it decreases the amount of oil in the skin which causes the acne. It can be taken at 3-10g/ed. Read the info on www.acnemiracle.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    I must admit that I am prone to acne. Had it bad as a teenager and even prior to cycling, just workouting out hard caused me to break out (in my late 30's for cryin out loud). In my 1st first cycle test cyp / deca I have been breaking out mildly on my face a and little on my back. I am telling you from someone who has tried everything Dawn soap works about as well as anything I have tried. My advice, on cycle do not miss a single day showering with Dawn. That way oil does not have a chance to build up. It is not a magic bullet, but Dawn does work pretty well.
    Don't you think it will get worse in the long run when you quit? As it dries out the skin and make the glands to produce more oil. The oil is not causeing acne itself - actually it's important to protect the skin and clean it I think - it's the exessive oil and the dirt and bacteria in the skin that causes the acne. Have you tried B5? It makes the glands produce less oil, like accutane in a way..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    no i dont break out during cycle, my skin normally just gets more oily as i sweat more.. tho im off cycle and have been for 6 months and my chest is breaking out like a bitc*

Susguy is offline Associate Member
    i guess i am one of the lucky ones i never broke out during the cycle, and broke out 1 or 2 pimples during pct..

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Test E, nope
    Test Prop, nope
    Suspention, nope
    Dbol , nope
    Drol, nope
    Tren ... YES!

Tren loves to give me chest, shoulder and back acne, nothing else does anything significant but with Tren I completely break out. Accutane saves the day!

spooledup is offline Banned
    I had acne up until I started cycling...now its gone. AS cured it for me.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya i just got it on my arms and shoulders, but nothing too bad.

notus is offline Member
    I get acne on my shoulders and arms, I would say its pretty severe. Anadrol and test e are the worst for me. Test susp. isnt that bad. I have tried just about everything (except acutane- which i wont try, too toxic since I usually have some orals in a cycle) nothing really seems to help. I'll try dawn hopefully it will work.

Mutant is offline Banned
    On my first cycle I broke out pretty bad, but ever since then I have barely had any problems at all. Just a few zits here and there.

cal565 is offline Junior Member
    I finished my first cycle back in November and I didnt break out at all while on. Right now my shoulders and my face are starting to go crazy. Im going to try the dawn soap thing.

allabs5150 is offline Associate Member
    My cycles have maily been test deca and d-bol. I dont have much of a problem during cycle its PCT when i get the zits on my back and shoulders. After my first cycle it was the worst, but it seems to lessen after each cycle i have done

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    AC - Have you actually tried Dawn or B5? I was just listing my experience, and what worked for me. I consider Accutane the nuclear option (last resort only).

Quote Originally Posted by ace ventura
    Don't you think it will get worse in the long run when you quit? As it dries out the skin and make the glands to produce more oil. The oil is not causeing acne itself - actually it's important to protect the skin and clean it I think - it's the exessive oil and the dirt and bacteria in the skin that causes the acne. Have you tried B5? It makes the glands produce less oil, like accutane in a way..

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    For me it is nasty back acne PCT, hell your body is trying to get it's hormonal levels back to normal.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    I honestly, wont break out until i fck up!! I mean, if I cheat w/ food, or not take a shower right away, sleep on a dirty sofa/floor... $hit like that!! B5 works pretty good if you can keep up with eating 8 pills a day (4g) and tanning of course to keep the skin dry!!

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i usually dont have any break outs till pct comes around

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    I had it when i was younger and am a little prone to it. I have been using accutane for awhile now, it works AWESOME it really changed my life in the younger years and did wonders for my face/back. I would def. recommend, w/ the exception of running other orals with it as accutane is a little hard on the liver!!!!

getbigdiddy is offline New Member
    neutrogena body clear body scrub.
    it is a salicylic acid acne treatment 2%
    wal-mart, target, etc...

getbigdiddy is offline New Member
    also if you shave your chest, arms, etc... you will be prone to breakouts regardless of cycling. its the same principle as if you shave your face and neck, then wear a shirt and tie all day. sometimes your neck will break out from the constant contact with your clothes.

I Usually Only Get A Couple On My Lats....and The Center Of My Back Once And Awhile I Really Only Got Them After The Cycle When Natural Test Is Fighting A Come Back...

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    my break out spots were my back, shoulders, and a lil bit on my quads, but none of them were serious.

AC - Have you actually tried Dawn or B5? I was just listing my experience, and what worked for me. I consider Accutane the nuclear option (last resort only).
    I started to take B5 today actually. Did you read www.acnemiracle.org? I think it's great info even though they sell products. However it's mostly B5 in powder so no hocus pocus..

They suggest as much as 10g effective dose each day. Mild acne can clear up in few days, but this is individual. Some people don't see results within two-three weeks or months depending on what kind of acne. Severe acne can take up to six months to clear up.. Then one can lower the dose to i.ex 3g to keep the acne away.

I remember takeing B-complex to increase apetite a year ago.. I broke out and had to stop. Didn't know about the B5 back then however, it may get worse before it gets better. According to that site, do not worry cause it means that it will work. It can get worse as your body is getting rid of toxins etc...something like that.

I have been on accutane with good results.. The effect lastet 3-5 years with me.. I don't remember too much of it, but I think I got joint pain. Not bad but I avoided gym at school etc not to do any damage. I still feal like I'm so smooth in my joints and have to be carefull. There are serious side effects as you know. Think like this.. are you willing to change acne with any of this side effects? Back then I would have been willing to take the chance to die in change of being free of acne. So I can't say I regret it. I did get serious mood swings though...I remember one time I allmost startet to cry at school for nothing..hehe..so weird.. I just walked home because I didn't have controll on my fealings.. I also got very deep depressions, but I don't know if that was other the accutane. Maybe it played a role.

Only use accutane with severe acne, that's my advice.

dieseL atC is offline Member
    I've never had any problems with acne, I probably get 3-4 pimples a year

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    During PCT and after my first cycle which was test enan and deca ....I broke out ALL over my upper back and shoulders. It was soooo bad that I couldn't imagine taking my shirt off. Eventually got on some accuatane which was prescribed my the doc and BAM!......two months later it was ALL gone....not one pimple on my back or shoulder....sh*t works wonders. After I finished my accutane, i did a cycle of just test prop and only broke out very mildly during PCT and afterwards, then about two months later it all went away. After that cycle I did tren , EQ, and test prop......I broke out mildly again afterwards and during PCT, but nothing major. I truely believe that accutane is the very best for acne....NOTHING can beat it! Just be careful because it has a lot of sides.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    winstrol and enathate give me acne on my upper back and shoulders every time.

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    I get a very small amount on my back but nothing major. I think it is just from me sweating so much more all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    winstrol and enathate give me acne on my upper back and shoulders every time.
    Do you mean test or specifically test with enanthate ester? Tried any other type of esters like cypionate or propionate ?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ace ventura
    Do you mean test or specifically test with enanthate ester? Tried any other type of esters like cypionate or propionate?
    I have only used enanthate so far.

arnold1980 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I get more acne during and after PCT than I do during cycle
    same here bro. When i'm on clomid i break out like crazy.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    acne sucks i havent cycled in a while bc of it...im on accutane right now i have jsut one more month left and boy it has cleared up my face good...ps i took dbol , test cyp, deca in teh summer

notus is offline Member

I had to try the dawn thing. And in two days my acne is better than two weeks of retin a use. Dawn is the best things I have used

I should have asked who gets acne in the face cause that's my biggest concern.. and how bad do you brake out? Any inputs on this?

I won't start a cycle yet, now I have more acne in my face than for a long time! It may be due to different food, carb powder, tribulus etc.. or hopefully the b5 which I started this week.

needle is offline Senior Member
    I just got 3 pretty good ones on my upper shoulders, but this is my thrid cycle! Nothing before this tho-

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I break out post cycle.

dale is offline Associate Member
    what if you are using small amounts?....say like what a HRT doc would give you.

would GH help out with acne?

anyone use small amounts of AAS and some GH and still get acne?

JimBigJ is offline New Member
    use Roaccutane. it's like a miracle drug.....

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    not much while on... can be a pain during pct, not big red ones, but little tiny whiteheads all over shoulders and upper back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information