Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Has anyone used short cycle method?

I have done this once, even though board members suggested against this method. They were right, the cycle did not amount to squat. Has anyone cylced in this fashion and was actually successful? Does anyone here believe this is a good alternative to traditional 10-14 week cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    what was the cycle
    Fina ed, winny injected (mixed with fina) ed, var. Mgs respectively 75/50/40. Ran for 4 weeks and pct'd. The pct took as long as it does longer cycles you just get to start sooner. I did not have good results. I did this after I had read about european bb style of cycling. Anyone else do this? Or think it is feasible?

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah the European's do those 4-6 week cycles a lot, nothing much good comes of them, I wouldn't waste my money

i think if you did the fina 1-8 var 1-6 then winny 6-12 you would have been much happier
    FOR REAL? I know that and I should have had test in there and ran it 10 weeks... I know, I know.

I am asking if anyone thinks it is as big of a complete waste as I do now? Or have they done it and back it?

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    alot of people were i live do 6 weeks on 6 weeks off ,to much hassle with pct etc plus the gains and strength only come when your about too stop.

Thanks 1-cent, gsxxr, and irish bulldog. I would like to see as many responses on how ludicrist this is for experienced users. Anyone else?

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Fina ed, winny injected (mixed with fina) ed, var. Mgs respectively 75/50/40. Ran for 4 weeks and pct'd. The pct took as long as it does longer cycles you just get to start sooner. I did not have good results. I did this after I had read about european bb style of cycling. Anyone else do this? Or think it is feasible?
    If this was your cycle, then, you forgot the anabolics.

Cycle design:
    Cycles are assembled by, first, determining the end response characteristics desired, and assembling components whose AAS characteristics interlock together to produce that end response with a minimum of overlap, over the cycle timespan desired. Consider this cycle: Nandrolone phenylpropionate(EOD), tren (EOD), Winstrol depot((ED), optional Anavar (ED).

BassMuscle

Isn't tren anabolic ? more so than test? how about winny isn't it more complete anabolic while anavar is more androgenic ? This is out of the exact same artilce you are quoting...

Characteristics of AAS:
    There are two clearly discernable characteristics of interest to BBers. Anabolic : muscle growth/hypertrophy. and Androgenic : strength, aggression, fat burning. Most AAS possess these two characteristics in varying ratios, and in various strengths. For example, Halotestin may be seen to produce a pure androgenic response, but no anabolic response. Deca , on the other hand, will produce anabolism with no significant androgenic response. Test produces roughly a 50 percent anabolic response, and 50 percent androgenic response. Then there is strength of response. Winstrol is a moderate, pure anabolic. Anavar is a moderate, pure androgen. Trenbolone is a very powerful androgen(80 percent of total response), much more powerful than the androgenic characteristics of test. Tren's anabolic characteristic(20 percent of total response), is weaker than that of test.

BassMuscle

And Winny and Anavar are more androgenic then they are anabolic as I remember. But I could be wrong.

BassMuscle

Quote Originally Posted by BassMuscle
    And Winny and Anavar are more androgenic then they are anabolic as I remember.

BassMuscle
    I think so too, but you just referenced the article and so did I. And if you believe npp is a better anabolic than tren comparitavely you must not have experience with both substances. Have you done a short cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by BassMuscle
    Characteristics of AAS:
    Winstrol is a moderate, pure anabolic . Anavar is a moderate, pure androgen.
    BassMuscle
    This is strait off the article you just quoted. If you believe this is not accurate, how can any of the article really be?

Anyone back short cycles? Or is that sub par for most?

joevette is offline Banned
    Short cycles are worthless IMO. I think the most effective cycles are longer, 20+ weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Short cycles are worthless IMO. I think the most effective cycles are longer, 20+ weeks.
    I like consistant answers, almost one year ago you tried talking me out of the short cycle. Except I was going to try and use Test and Eq also, but just went with the others (as those were the components of the worthless 4 weeker). Should have listened, and for you out there thinking about this, you should listen too.

Short cycles are a very poor idea.

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    i kno u couldnt run a long ester for 4-5 weeks and get much from it but if u were to run lets say prop 700mg a week along for 5-6 weeks with tren 75mg a day for 5-6 weeks. couldnt most people make decent gains with less side effects from that compared to doing a 12 week plus cycle? if u were to do a 10-12 week cycle with longer esters it wont kick in till about week 4 ne way. wouldnt ur natural test be shut down harder being on longer? im not saying short cycles r better just wondering about results vs side effects

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    i think a 'short cycle' is 12 weeks...

What you are describing is a mini cycle.

And IMO..those suck.

buckwheat is offline Associate Member
    several years ago i gained 25pounds on a six week deca only cycle.

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Done 7 week cycles for years and they worked, Now I run my cycles 29 weeks+ and they work GREAT.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah and if u run 52 week cycle, results will be even better...

Yeah the European's do those 4-6 week cycles a lot, nothing much good comes of them, I wouldn't waste my money
    where do u get those infos? it s strange, u know, I live in Germany, thats central Europe , and I don t know anybody who is cycling 4-6 weeks.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    you need to run 10 weeks min to see any good gains. you body can not build that much muscle in 6 weeks. you still need time to grow.

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    you need to run 10 weeks min to see any good gains. you body can not build that much muscle in 6 weeks. you still need time to grow.
    hmm....in my prohormone days i got 15-20lbs in 6 weeks and kept virtually all of it. 10lbs on subsequent cycles...hard to imagine a person couldnt do that with real gear....granted, i had some room to grow at that time.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    thats not true, i got over 20lbs from 6 (maybe 7 i cant recall) weeks of prop

You could get some reasonable results if you only used bases (esterless AAS).

ie: Test suspention, bold base, tren base, nandrolone base, injectable winny, other orals

If you don't mind injecting 2x a day you could see results in a much shorter time, I wouldn't attempt it with anything other than bases.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    thats not true, i got over 20lbs from 6 (maybe 7 i cant recall) weeks of prop
    What was your results at week 4? As this is when you would stop using this type of "mini" cycle. I know you are addressing a statement from someone else, but do you remember where you were at half way during this cycle?

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    can dbol be used for 3to 4 weeks in a week cycle!

gsxxr, we need to find you a new avatar

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    I have done short cycles and gotten good results. I think it just depends on the person and how they react to AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrakes
    hmm....in my prohormone days i got 15-20lbs in 6 weeks and kept virtually all of it. 10lbs on subsequent cycles...hard to imagine a person couldnt do that with real gear....granted, i had some room to grow at that time.
    Are you Jeff Summers? With that kind of growth why use roids??? 10 lbs legally every cycle? you must be huge!

What was your results at week 4? As this is when you would stop using this type of "mini" cycle. I know you are addressing a statement from someone else, but do you remember where you were at half way during this cycle?
    by week 4 I was up at least 10-12 lbs, I gained most in the first 4-5 weeks. The last week or so I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ma
    I have done short cycles and gotten good results. I think it just depends on the person and how they react to AAS.
    True, but I think it is equally dependent on diet.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    by week 4 I was up at least 10-12 lbs, I gained most in the first 4-5 weeks. The last week or so I got nothing.
    Great job, more power to ya. I trying a four weeker with 4 weeks pct (used fina without test) and at the end of the eight weeks total I had only gain a couple of pounds. In the eight weeks after that I gained a couple more without drugs and just continued the diet and training. Dang now I cant stop eating (once you get use to eating every few hours it is hard as hell to stop)

Taoist is offline New Member
    Bass muscle,

that article you refer to is wrong, anavar is not an androgen, in fact it is as an almost pure anabolic . Hence why oxandrolone was suitable for children and women. Androgenic steroids ususally cause more visible side effects.

Going back to the subject of the post, I remember seeing an article which Dan Duchaine wrote claiming that after 6-8 weeks the protein storing effects of steroids start to drop as the body adapts.
    Ill try an find the article on my pc just wondering if anybody has heard this before. If true that 12 week cycles are probably a bit of a waste....

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Are you Jeff Summers? With that kind of growth why use roids??? 10 lbs legally every cycle? you must be huge!
    i've only done 3 cycles. first one was 4 weeks, 10lbs which i kept, second was 6 weeks, 17lbs and i kept 15. 3rd cycle was 6 weeks, 10lbs and i'm in PCT for it right now. there are tons of guys who used pro-steroids (that was the name for steroids that used to be legal) responsibly and with good diets who gained alot quickly and kept it.

and i don't know if 275lbs is huge, but it's not small. and sure, some guys have 50" chests, 36" waists and 18.5" necks like i do but generally not with less than a year of anabolic agents under their belts.

and indeed, my changeover to the darkside is slow because i have realized such impressive gains from previously legal stuff....and i intend to continue to incorporate the better PH/PS into future AAS cycles.

I am 230 lbs and have a 48" chest, neck 18" same with arms... 275 on prohormones and prosteroids that were legal is a huge feat! Come on you do not know if 275 is huge??? How tall are you?

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taoist
    Bass muscle,

that article you refer to is wrong, anavar is not an androgen, in fact it is as an almost pure anabolic . Hence why oxandrolone was suitable for children and women. Androgenic steroids ususally cause more visible side effects.

Going back to the subject of the post, I remember seeing an article which Dan Duchaine wrote claiming that after 6-8 weeks the protein storing effects of steroids start to drop as the body adapts.
    Ill try an find the article on my pc just wondering if anybody has heard this before. If true that 12 week cycles are probably a bit of a waste....
    anavar is androgenic and not anabolic, it gives you strength, not mass.

JP1
    JP1 is offline Junior Member
    I have done 4 6-8 week cycles or "mini cycles" as some would say

I gained 15 lbs on my first 8 week cycle, I used 100 mg of test building up to 300mg at the last 2 weeks, I used no pct and I kept almost all of it.

I think it has everything to do with what your trying to acheive, my goals over my last 3 mini cycles were to cut not gain massive size so in my opinion they turned out OK, currently I am on my 5 week of wini-tren (only) I did 2 weeks of tren ace ED and I am done with it am finishing with last 2 weeks of wini alone, I will PCT 1 week after I am done with CLEN and CLOMID. but so far so good I have lost 20 lbs so far in 5 weeks (was 250 now 230-225)(just to add also 18inch arms 50" chest, 5'11"), and am alot stronger than before the cycle 3 times as solid and alot more vascular, I also haven't used anything in almost 2 years so I think that is a factor, and that also I am not trying to get big. so to me it hasn't been a waste of time or money plus I have less than $200.00 into the juice

JP1 the mini cycles we are talking about are 4 weeks and a pct.

JP1
    JP1 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry I thought you included it to be 6 weeks and less,and this one is 6 weeks I am going to use pct this time though, well then I can add that after 4 weeks I am doing well but not were I know I will be in 2 more weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information