Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member

Doctor problems.....advice needed!!!

First let me say, I read numerous posts that said you should always be honest with your doctor about juicing..............well, it sure didn't work for me. Here's my story:

I finished my last cycle in early December. So, being 8 weeks clean, I went to the doctor for my annual check-up. My blood pressure (which always reads good at drug stores) was 146/98. I was very nervous and could actually feel my heart pounding. So, my doctor scheduled me for bloodwork the following week and rather than sit around for a week, I bought a $100 omron blood pressure monitor with a big cuff. That entire week, I took my BP every morning and every night and it was almost always UNDER 120/80 with a pulse of around 70. When I went back for bloodwork, I gave a reading of 150/100 with a pulse in the 90's.

I think its obvious that I have white coat syndrom, especially since all my blood values were normal (well, SGOT was one point high but I drank a ****load of beer 2 days prior). Anywho, like everyone suggests on this forum, I was honest with my doctor about my use..........and it was a disaster!!!

She never asked what I was taking, much less the doses..........she just rambled off the obvious side effects and told me that if my BP got that high when I was nervous, that I could have a stroke (even though I'm only 25). She felt my testicles and said they were fine also. To make a long story short, she assured me that there were countless deaths from steroid use and that if I didn't stop immediately, she would no longer be my doctor for refusing her advice. She scheduled me for more bloodwork in a month..........but, I just started a cycle again (test e) and I have no intention of stopping.

Can she drop me?? What should I do now??

Advice is needed and greatly appreciated.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    i am pretty sure she can drop you. I would never have told her unless something was wrong. If your levels were all good i wouldn't worry.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    ask around and find another doc, she is a moron

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Yeah dude I would say just find another doc. I dont see why she cant drop you if she wanted to. Probably better for you though if she does.

Good Luck.

She's Gonna Drop You....find Another Doc...

toolman is offline Banned
    You should find another doc regardless if she drops you or not. She obviously knows nothing about what she is making statements about (re. AAS usage and effects). You want a doc that only gives you educated, informed advice and one that will tell you, I do not know, when they truely don't know like this woman. If she is going to make statements like these when she is obviously clueless, whats going to keep her from doing the same if you ever have a real illness she is not familiar with.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I would never contact her office again and find another Dr., like someone familiar with the sports field.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    She can drop you. I would fine another office and like others have said... Find a Dr. that knows a little be more about Sports Med's,... athletic injurys etc... Also Find a Dr. that is right out of med school, they are a little more open about alternative meds steriods etc. Find a male Dr to, I have found they are a little more knowlegeable about AAS and things. I just switched Dr. before the cycle I am on now, and he is a year older than me, 2 years out of med school and into running and lifiting. I did not tell him about my AAS use in the past, but told him all the supps I was on etc, he didn't care. Great Guy.

darmadoc is offline Member
    She is ethically obligated to find you another doc if she drops you, but why give her the chance. You are obviously incompatible with her, so I would move on. Find another doctor on your own. Look for someone with a reputation for sports medicine.

Froggy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson
    She felt my testicles and said they were fine also.

What should I do now??

Advice is needed and greatly appreciated.
    Hey Bro...I'd give her another chance as the balls are out of the sack already...she may cut you loose or could change her mind...at this point don't be worried about it...you are you own man afterall...good luck & happy trails...

dtr98 is offline Member
    my test levels were at 3094 and my doc asked if i was doin any otc meds, told him no

Thread Information