Thread: Swollen calf!

Mutant is offline Banned

Swollen calf!

After shooting my calfs on Monday I have watched my left 1 grow and get swollen. I don't enjoy shooting them in the first place due to pain the next couple days, but this just isn't right. My right calf is just a little sore from the shot, but my left one is an inch or two larger, it is just swollen. It it tender to the touch, and I feel like a gimp. My guess is that it is infected, or a rejection. I am not sure though. I take all the necessary precautions before I inject such as cleaning vial tops, sterile/new darts, switch them before I inject, and skin cleaning before and after. So, what do you guys think?

Ultimate is offline Associate Member
    I posted a thread asking about about my leg gothen swolen just like your calf... except mine became swolen more than 1 week after the shot... which is just anoying...so I guess to a degree we are having something simular...

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    calf shots are the worst there is alot of nerves in your calf i would stay away from that area

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    I hear calve are a [email protected] had swollen and tener quads after injections. All of which go away in a few days with warm soaking and rubbing.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    uh oh, I had the same thing happen to me. If you have any hair on your calf (even a stubble) the pin can take it into the muscle and it can get kinda like an infection. Keep an eye out on it. Here is a link to my thread awhile back about my drama with calves. I've never injected them again. http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=67371

keep an eye on it, if the swelling continues, go to a doctor. by the time I went the swelling was HUGE from the base of my toes to the top of my ass. it's also possible that nothing is seriously wrong, just keep an eye on it.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    i did a calve shot once and almost fainted from the pain my calve was so sore for like 2 weeks never ever again

Mutant is offline Banned
    I just woke up from a nap, and my girlfriend noticed that it was a little on the red side, but I guess she noticed this the other day too. I forgot to mention that the bad calf is very hard, unlike my other calf. I have had hard lumps before mostly in my @ss, it's mothing new, but the redness is. If this doesnt go down soon I will inform you guys, and then say hello to the doctor and tell you what he said.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Brother - I am a medical professional - you have a developing cellulitis - go to ER now

general31 is offline Associate Member
    get to er now. I had the same thing happen on my first calve shot. Get there as soon as possible so u do not have to get an IV for the next week. They will give u a shot and some pain killers. Get to ER now dude. if u want to shoot calves shave your leg and dont shoot into the areas u can see where the hair was.

Mutant is offline Banned
    It looks different now, its swollen then as you go lower on the calf the swelling goes down, then after that there is a ring of what seems to be muscle. I am also in the medical profession, and this is one thing that I just don't know about. I wish I had my tools at home so that I could help myself better. I will get to ER tonight or tomarrow morning. Thank you for your help guys, I appreciate it.

general31 is offline Associate Member
    ER tonight bro. The doc told me if I would have waited till morning I wound have had to come back once a day for 7 days to get an IV hook up. The S**T is not a joke bro trust me it is going to get worse, get to the doc dude.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Here is an update on what happened. I ended up going to the doctor a day later, and told him what had happened, and by then the swelling and redness had gone down a little bit so it was easier to walk. He gave me the whole steroids are bad thing, and then told me that I did have Cellutlitis. But, there was a catch. I had already begun to heal myself from the infection which he found incredebly od. He said that if I had come in a couple days later he might not have known, and then he brought another doctor in the room to check it out and that doctor found it od that I had been healing myself too. So they gave me a little medication, and sent me on my way. The end!

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    After shooting my calfs on Monday I have watched my left 1 grow and get swollen. I don't enjoy shooting them in the first place due to pain the next couple days, but this just isn't right. My right calf is just a little sore from the shot, but my left one is an inch or two larger, it is just swollen. It it tender to the touch, and I feel like a gimp. My guess is that it is infected, or a rejection. I am not sure though. I take all the necessary precautions before I inject such as cleaning vial tops, sterile/new darts, switch them before I inject, and skin cleaning before and after. So, what do you guys think?
    thats why i quit doing calves altogether, not worth it

Thread Information