biff is offline Associate Member

Clomids effect on women

I have twin cousins. The other day i found a newspaper clipping of my aunt holding them when they were 1st born which was in 1983. The paper said that she had used a new fertility drug which was called CLOMID. I asked my mom about it shes a nurse she said it is used in women to creat more eggs. But it also raises mens natural test levels right? I know all about PCT. Im just trying to figure out all its purposes any comments you have would be much appreciated

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by biff
    I have twin cousins. The other day i found a newspaper clipping of my aunt holding them when they were 1st born which was in 1983. The paper said that she had used a new fertility drug which was called CLOMID. I asked my mom about it shes a nurse she said it is used in women to creat more eggs. But it also raises mens natural test levels right? I know all about PCT. Im just trying to figure out all its purposes any comments you have would be much appreciated
    It's used as a fertility drug in both men and women. When women take clomid there's a greater chance of multiple eggs being fertilized by sperm because the drug makes them produce and release more eggs.

Yes, it's also used in PCT after a cycle to raise LH and FSH levels to repair HPTA functions. In a man that is having problems with sperm production the clomid's ability to raise LH and FSH are why this drug is sometimes used because it will up the sperm count.

Yeah i thought it increases sperm count. I thought that maybe my uncle took it to increase sperm count to increase a chance of having a baby and they got lucky and had twins but my mom told me it was my aunt who took it. So i was kinda curious

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by biff
    Yeah i thought it increases sperm count. I thought that maybe my uncle took it to increase sperm count to increase a chance of having a baby and they got lucky and had twins but my mom told me it was my aunt who took it. So i was kinda curious
    That's most likely the reason why your aunt had twins........... she took the clomid....... Her husband had no bearing on if they had twins or not no matter if it was him using the clomid. She droped more eggs and your uncle's sperm got through to them.

Who knows if she still has her perscription i could start my own little anit-e buisness.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    It increases LH and FSH, but the follicle-stimulating hormone increase is the more important one in this case. More sperm, more eggs, everyone's happy.

9000rpm is offline Member
    What is the normal dose that women take for increased fertility? My wife has twins that run in her family, and she wants to have twins. I'm wondering if it would be wise or not to have her take clomid before we try to have a kid next year.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    What is the normal dose that women take for increased fertility? My wife has twins that run in her family, and she wants to have twins. I'm wondering if it would be wise or not to have her take clomid before we try to have a kid next year.
    Not without a doctor's approval, were I you anyways. I wouldn't mess around like that, especially with fertility since your doctor is there to HELP you conceive. He'll be down with the best plan for you and your wife AND your unborn kid. Right?

9000rpm is offline Member
    True, I thought I'd ask though.

Thread Information