XxElitexX is offline Senior Member

Steroids and Heart Thickness

Alright I have heard from my cardiologist about how gear can increase the thickness of your heart long term. Someone please put in their .02 on this.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    i heard the same thing but i odn't know how true that is.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    This could be interesting to see what some of the vets and seniors have to say about this. BUMP!!!!

toolman is offline Banned
    I would have to imagine there is some truth to it. However unless any of us are cardiologists or know any cardiologists who have studied AAS use, with MRI's or some type of imaging to show before and after situations, we are all just guessing.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I'd like to see some proof on this.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    its true because ur putting all that into ur body which is making ur heart work harder and ur heart is a muscle and gets stronger so it gets thicker one of my good buds has heart problems and that is his problem hes created to much muscle in his heart its not from using gear though thats the main reason he cant use gear cuz he asked his doc bout it and his doc said that using aas would great more muscle in his heart and he could get fvcked bad from it

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Yeah i can see than. But only at extreme doses, and long term use.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    its true because ur putting all that into ur body which is making ur heart work harder and ur heart is a muscle and gets stronger so it gets thicker one of my good buds has heart problems and that is his problem hes created to much muscle in his heart its not from using gear though thats the main reason he cant use gear cuz he asked his doc bout it and his doc said that using aas would great more muscle in his heart and he could get fvcked bad from it
    I agree!!!!!!!!!

needle is offline Senior Member
    Ya this is another long term affect from AAS inless you plan on juicing for a very long time i dont think it will impact "most of us."

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    it s true. depends on the disposition and, believe me or not, how much cardio u have been doing BEFORE and DURING a cycle. u can work against this developement if u do 30 minutes of cardio, low intensity 2x week ALWAYS but especially while u r on!

GymDog is offline Banned
    Guys, your heart's walls thicken regardless of whether you juice or not. The growth is influenced by the extra work your heart is putting out when you lift heavy weights. Studies have proven this. That's newbie info; I'm surprised no one knew...

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    Guys, your heart's walls thicken regardless of whether you juice or not. The growth is influenced by the extra work your heart is putting out when you lift heavy weights. Studies have proven this. That's newbie info; I'm surprised no one knew...
    Exactly

I knew it look above.
    normal training does NOT thicken your heart. it enlarges your heart. thats something different.

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    I knew it look above.
    normal training does NOT thicken your heart. it enlarges your heart. thats something different.
    Whats the difference?

If its being enlarged, then it is going to be thicker

I meant the internal heart septums thickens. not the heart at all.

GymDog is offline Banned
    Do a search. I'll see if I can dig it up, but a study was conducted where several subjects ran a 15-week cycle, and their hearts were measured (valves and everything) at the beginning and end of their cycles. Results: not a single test subject showed any change in their heart dimensions. The study concluded that shorter cycles (15 weeks or less) have no effect on heart growth. Like I said, I'll try and dig this up for you...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    That is like saying if you are a runner and your heart works harder it will thicken and get harder. If that's the case we all need to quit everything and turn into couch pototoes. I don't see why a valve would enlarge and the rest of the heart would stay the same size.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    whether ur using aas or not high intensity workouts or even just being over weight can cause this (the harder ur body works the harder ur heart works) which will thicken ur heart cuz it pumping illregular (harder) and becoming stronger so its going to thicken no matter what but using aas will increase these chances

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    whether ur using aas or not high intensity workouts or even just being over weight can cause this (the harder ur body works the harder ur heart works) which will thicken ur heart cuz it pumping illregular (harder) and becoming stronger so its going to thicken no matter what but using aas will increase these chances
    ditto

BigManCanada is offline New Member
    I'd be interested in this study if you could dig it up. Tried to find it myself but had no luck

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigManCanada View Post
    I'd be interested in this study if you could dig it up. Tried to find it myself but had no luck
    I would not expect a reply as the thread is almost a decade old man. You might be better served starting a new one.

BigManCanada is offline New Member
    ya good call didn't realize thanks

Thread Information