doingitright is offline New Member

Waking up with numb limbs???? EQ and test...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am on the 8th week of a 10 week EQ and Test prop cycyle. I am feeling great and am getting everything I wanted out of the cycle, but. I have been waking up lately and even waking up in the middle of the night because mostly one of my arms are going numb (falling asleep is another way to explain it). It has mostly been my arms but it has happend to both of my legs to, not at the same time but I think you get the picture. If not I can explain more. I know that arms or what have you gowing mumb in the middle of the night is common for people and it has been for me too but it usually stemmed from my arm hanging of the bed or my arm being proped up on the pillow so it couldn't get any blood. ( I think that is why a body part will fall asleep, not getting any blood right?????)But, in my case it is happening like 10 times a night. It doesn't hurt its just that it wakes me up and then I have to like swing my arm around so that that that it wakes up, takes about 30 seconds to do that. SOoooooo, my point is, is there anything that a person can take to get better circulation of blood thru the body???? Plus, a supplemnt like I am looking for should help with heeling time too, right?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

darmadoc is offline Member
    I get that too. I think you're getting some fluid retention, which is causing nerve conpression when you are in the same position for too long.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Thats typical and part of being on. I get it with anything that will cause rapid weight gain, even just creatine does it to me.

I dunno if there is anything you can do to get rid of it other than just wait it out. Maybe some letro or some kind of AI if you are holding a lot of water.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i get that all the time ... it usually happens to me when i sleep on my arm

9000rpm is offline Member
    What position do you sleep in. That happens to mee sometimes when I sleep on my back with my arms extended over my head. Try to sleep on your back with your arms by your sides. This helped me.

J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member
    When i'm on gear my **** arms will fall asleep when im using them lol. For real! Dont sweat it bro.

SINCE73 is offline Junior Member
    I thought I was the only that had this problem.
    I'm glad to hear this is somewhat a normal thing that happens.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yep always get this when on, very freaky at first, but normal now

peace

nate3422 is offline Member
    hows the cycle going for you? how much are you taking? just curious b/c im about to sart the same cycle

kafabe is offline Junior Member

thick blood

it happens every cycle for me. Cycles make your blood really thick sometimes, causes poor circulation, it can also cause strokes. take a few st. josephs childrens asprin everyday it will help thin the blood alittle.

I don't think this problem is from increased red blood cells. That would be really dangerous. I think it is from fluid retention, tissue expansion and nerve compression.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    The problem is indeed generally caused by increased RBC. EQ and test both have a propencity to increase RBC. If you dont believe me try this simple test to "fix" it for a short time. Go donate a pint of blood (reduces RBC) and tell me if you wake up in the middle of the night with "dead limbs"

The objective of treatment is to reduce the high blood viscosity (thickness of the blood) due to the increased red blood cell mass and to prevent hemorrhage and thrombosis.

Phlebotomy is one method used to reduce the high blood viscosity. In phlebotomy, 1 unit (pint) of blood is removed weekly until the hematocrit is less than 45, then phlebotomy is continued as necessary.
    Since red blood cells are made so slowly, rapid changes in the blood volume (RBC plus plasma) are accomplished by changes in the plasma which are controlled by the kidney, as plasma is mostly water. The blood volume is adjusted by the body to maintain an adequate blood pressure. When the blood volume falls quickly, as in bleeding, the body gets a signal to increase the amount of fluid that is circulating. That is why an early sign of blood loss is thirst.
    Also what I would recommend doing is finding a way to reduce chances of thrombosis by thinning your blood via Vit E @ 400iu, 5-10oz Red Wine, and 81mg Aspirin before bed. Those methods will help keep platelets from sticking together as much as possible and therefore "thin" your blood making circulation easier.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    That started happening to me my first cycle , and it never stoped....ive learned to live with it .

doingitright is offline New Member
    thanks guys, I figured it was ok. And also aspirin would probably be recomended. I have used aspirin for about 1 week now and I don't think it has helped. I am sleeping better but I think that has to do with NOW knowing it is very common. so once again thanks!!!!

And for nate... I am on around a 12 week cycle of EQ and Test prop. I am droping the EQ on the 9th week and doing post cycle therapy (clomid).
    EQ- 400mgs- 9 weeks
    Test Prop- 100mgs/d- 12-weeks
    I figure that I havent trained like I should have during this cycle(big mistake) but **** things came up, not happy about it. But as for how I felt, I felt good good gains as of right now about 10lbs and went from about 12%bf to 8-10%bf. So, I am happy there but seriously man I am not the one to ask about this cycle! ( When you do a cycle you should have your **** together as far as othere things in your life, I DIDN"T(big mistake). Sorry man! Good luck with yours!!!!!!

Odin is offline Member
    Yeah I get this crazy sh*t happening to me too! I just woke up from a cozy nap not to long ago and both hands were numb, and i was lying on my back with both hands on my stomach so?? The pinky finger seems to be the one that's the worst though. Glad to see this thread and other bro's having the problem cause I was a little worried!

[QUOTE=TheChosenOne]The problem is indeed generally caused by increased RBC. EQ and test both have a propencity to increase RBC. If you dont believe me try this simple test to "fix" it for a short time. Go donate a pint of blood (reduces RBC) and tell me if you wake up in the middle of the night with "dead limbs"
    QUOTE]

I don't think that is the case. If blood viscosity is the problem, why would changing position aleviate the problem? Furher, why would it only happen in peripheral areas (hands). Why would you not be having ischemic events in the brain, a very sensitive site for hyperviscosity? I noted your quotes, but am not convinced they are relevant to this situation.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think that is the case. If blood viscosity is the problem, why would changing position aleviate the problem? Furher, why would it only happen in peripheral areas (hands). Why would you not be having ischemic events in the brain, a very sensitive site for hyperviscosity? I noted your quotes, but am not convinced they are relevant to this situation.
    Unfortunately they arent only in hands and periphial areas. In fact I get them in my ass, my legs, my arms, seemingly everywhere. If you would like do a search by Bask8Kace on this in which his HRT doc has been alarmed at his high RBC due to HRT and its ability to increase RBC and therefore "thicken" blood. If this is indeed not the case then I question why giving blood elleviates the problem in the short term.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    im going through the same sh@t right now with my left leg,..it feels like its falling asleep all the time,..this is my first cycle so i dont know what the h@ll is going on!!

Thread Information