Mutant is offline Banned

Anabolics 2005 isnt great!

I just got my copy in the mail the other day, and it isnt as extensive as I thought it would be. There are some lab results, but I have already seen a good portion of them. Also, the profiles are pretty much the same as the ones on a few websites (im sure you all knew this though). There are also mistakes made in the book almost like it was made carelessly or too fast. One of the mistakes that I have read so far was is that it sais Pet's Pharma only makes a 25 mg tablet along with a liquid version. This is not true and they prove it in the book! They do not make a 25mg version, only a 10mg, and they have a picture of it! The pictures are good, but even I have a grip of real AS that are not shown. Although alot of the info in the book is good I do not think the book is worth the money considering that all the info in the book is on the internet. Any input?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    agreed

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    its a newbie book for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    Although alot of the info in the book is good I do not think the book is worth the money considering that all the info in the book is on the internet. Any input?
    Out of personal curiousity, what would be worth the $? LIke...what would you like to see in a good AAS book?

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Out of personal curiousity, what would be worth the $? LIke...what would you like to see in a good AAS book?

Very good point hook.

Everything that is in books is usually on the net.. You just have to know where to look.. A good book is worth what ever you get out of it.. You the book had some good info. Well I guess the book gave you knowledge so it was worth $..JMO

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    My Idea of a good ASS book would pretty much be a reference tool. Graphs and charts. Lists of everything you can think of.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    My Idea of a good ASS book would pretty much be a reference tool. Graphs and charts. Lists of everything you can think of.
    Then everyone would look like you, you big MFer! I am trying, lol, it may take awhile.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Really im looking like crap right now. I cant wait to get back on and get some bulk back on and some fat off.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Just like said above, I think it is a good book for beginners, but not for the people in here that are intermediate or advanced. In a good AS book I would like to see some more extensive research, more intricate profiles, some lab results from other companies/labs (they seem to all be the same in the book), more AS graphs/charts, some UG pictures although I understant they are hard to get, also some more cycle ideas and more than just 2 full pro cycles. I can think of more, but you get the picture. Oh also, I know I am horrible at spelling, but in a book like this I dont think mistakes should be made. Maybe this book shouldn't be printed out each year so that more than just a tiny bit of new info can be added.

WLlewellyn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    There are some lab results, but I have already seen a good portion of them.
    I appreciate your criticisms Mutant. You are right on point about many of them. My spelling sucks, and lacking the resources to have an editor, have made a number of spelling/gramatical errors. I believe with the approximitely 2000 photos I had to catalog and cross reference with my availability tables and drug profiles, I may have missed some/made mistakes. I appreciate you bringing the Pet's Pharma item to my attention. I must have been thinking of Norvet while I was typing. Thankfully, at least I do have the picture in the book, so the damage is not too great.

As for the lab section, I would like to say that I have only repeated a handful of key test results this year from companies like Brovel, Tornel, and Loeffler, less than 10 (prob 5 or 6). The vast majority of the tests in 2005 are all new, and I paid for them (not cheaply either) myself.

Again, I do appreicate you taking the time to look over the book and voice your opinions. In some regards, you are working as my free editor, and I should thank you. In addition to the things you pointed out, know that there are many others I would like to add or change. I wish every book I could do would be error free. Unfortunately, I am only human, and there is only so much time before the printers need their files, and the book must go to customers. Perhaps next year I will be able to do more, and you will find the book more to your liking. Either way, your comments are of great value to me, and I appreciate you taking the time to make them.

Best Regards,

Bill Llewellyn
    Last edited by WLlewellyn; 02-04-2005 at 01:58 PM.

WLlewellyn is offline New Member
    BTW guys. I am very open to suggestions on who to test for Anabolics 2006. I've sort of just been grabbing companies I think are popular.

I prefer to stick mostly to real labs companies forward.

So, any suggestions?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a nice reply, Bill. Best of luck with the book, bro.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Thanks for the reply Mr. Llewellyn, I appreciate it. I see that you have read a couple of my threads, so by now you know that I am not a gramatical genious myself. I just like to write what I see, and give my personal opinions. I use your book as a good referance manual for Labs and their products. Good luck with everything.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I think the Anabolc Review series is pretty well thought out and put together for such an underground, niche market product. It's biggest downfall is that it is a book and this game is constantly changing and even yearly addendums cannot not keep pace with constant changes. In short, it's a decent resource but IMO you still need a more up to the minute, ie online, source of info.

Thread Information