Thread: over 50

cmlike is offline New Member

over 50

I am 52 and want to get started on steroids . I have always wanted to, and decided that if I am gonna do it, I'd better do it soon.I have lifted for years, and am in great shape. I was thinking about deca . or sustanton, or both. What are your thoughts?
    Thanks!!

quasar is offline Associate Member
    this is interesting, what do you guys think?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I think at 52 your will enjoy the benefits of the extra test especially. YOu should do fine. YOu may want to talk to your dr. about hormone replacement and get script.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Definately see a doctor and get some blood work done first. But if your going to do AS anyways definately do a test/deca cycle and you can even consider HGH, since those are part of many hormone replacement therapys that benefit the MATURE fitness buffs.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    Look at this website and check them out. I am a patient and I am 43. Good luck bro.

http://www.888younger.com/

jersey juice is offline Member
    No offense, but at your age I would be on the GH, test and deca or EQ & not think twice. GH & test you can get a script like they said and from what I've read and heard the older you are, the better GH reacts. Get blood work done & also check the prostate since testosterone can enlarge it.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    What about Testosterone Enathate/Cypionate and Deca ?

Sustanon , IMO, needs to be injected 3+ times a weeks to keep blood levels steady; Test Cyp/En are both long-acting esters and injecting them 1X or 2X a weeks is fine.

Here's a basic stack that works great for almost everybody:

Test En/Cyp 500mg/week weeks 1-8 (or 10)
    Deca 400mg/week weeks 1-8 (or 10)
    Optional: Dianabol 30mg/day weeks 1-4 (or 6)

I am 40, I just did the above cycle--I put on about 30 lbs!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: over 50

Originally posted by cmlike
    I am 52 and want to get started on steroids . I have always wanted to, and decided that if I am gonna do it, I'd better do it soon.I have lifted for years, and am in great shape. I was thinking about deca . or sustanton, or both. What are your thoughts?
    Thanks!!
    Why?

Okay, cmlike, now that I've got your attention, welcome to the board. In the three messages you have posted thus far, the most revealing statement you have made is, "I am 52 years old, in very good shape. I am 5' 8" and weigh 200 lbs. I lifted regularly for several years and am just getting back into it." This is different than what you said in the post quoted here, and my response is composed in that light.

Nothing personal, bro, but you have still not provided nearly enough information for us to make a competent assessment of what type of cycle might benefit you.

At age 52, the first thing I would recommend is a physical examination and lab work. Forget the steroids, you need to have an exxam at this stage of the game just to be cleared for a comprehensive exercise program. Why? Because you "lifted [past tense] regularly for several years and am just getting back into it [present/future tense]." Without a medical exam (which I recommend for anyone just getting into an exercise routine over age 40, let alone 52) that includes a cardiac stress test, I wouldn't even presume to advise on exercise, let alone a cycle.

(My comments are also based on the fact that you are 5'8" and 200 lbs. Medically speaking, as you should be aware, that is considered clinically obese, not "in very good shape." If you had been lifting consistently over the years and had a low body fat ratio and a lot of lean muscle mass, I wouldn't say this, but the evidence would appear to speak otherwise.)

Obviously, in the context of getting a medical exam, I would certainly include comprehensive anabolic -oriented lab work - both to establish a baseline (in terms of kidney and liver function, cholesterol levels, prostate health, etc.) and to see if you might qualify for therapeutic use of testosterone . (My guess is that you would. Andropause is quite fashionable these days, and so is correcting it. If you can qualify for using test under prescription, it would be well worth it. And this is somethign on which your doctor can advise you - you do not have to rely on cyber medicine here.)

One way or the other, I concur with Ajax - sustanon is not the best testosterone for someone who is 52. Cyp or enanthate will be much smoother and more effective in terms of reversing body fat versus lean muscle mass ratios. (At the same time, remember that Ajax, who gained 30 lbs. on his cycle, is 6'3" - seven inches taller than you. I question the wisdom of gaining more weight rather than cutting, especially at 52, combined with toning what you have already.)

But let's go back to my original question for a moment, which was:

Why?

The other thing you have not stated in your posts is what you want to accomplish. Using steroids is not something we do merely for our jollies; we use them with specific goald and objectives in mind. We look at the big picture in terms of what we want to achieve, factor in areas ranging from height-weight ratios to any underlying medical conditions, and tailor our cycles accordingly. And chances are much higher, at age 52 than at age 21, that you have at least one underlying medical condition that should be considered before establishing a specific cycle.

So, will steroids benefit you? Probably, with a properly structured routine. (Notice I said routine, not cycle - you see, if you were to qualify for, say, testosterone replacement therapy, it would likely be for the long haul, not just a short-term or finite cycle.) How would they benefit you? Can't say right now - as I said, you have not provided enough information, and should take any specific suggestions in this thread with a grain of salt in light of that.

All that said, we look forward to hearing more, and I invite you to try searching some of the posts that are already on the board. Considering your age, I would suggest - no offense intended - that you do an initial search on the term andropause. Believe me, bro, a lot of guys here would love to be able to pull off the legitimate, legal use of AS, and that is far easier to do at 52 than if you were younger.

Again, cmlike, welcome to the board.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    well spoken tnt, as usual.
    why is it that you see some stuff in all these posts that we obviously miss? i for one am glad to have you-and all the other knowledgable bros on this watching out for us.
    btw- im 40, think i got a shot with the doc? if i do, i would surely take advantage of it. as with most of the other guys on this board, i have access to juice in the usual ways, but if i could get it through legal channels, i think its worth the effort.

peace bb79

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    WHY? Maybe he doesn't want to turn into an old woman, which is what happens to us fellows past 50 if we don't take action.
    Nor do you have to limit yourself to "andropause " replacement therapy. You can still be a big ripped SOB in your 50's. I still get asked to guest pose at NPC shows, airfare, hotel the works, and I'm 53.
    Andropause therapy as currently prescribed is too damn little and too damn late. 200mg. test a week.......good grief. If you are producing the equivalent of 100mg. naturally at your age, and because the exogenous test will shut your natural production of that 100mg., you still end up with 100 mg......and fried nuts. It makes no sense.
    I have Rx's for test, deca , and hGH. The test/deca is less than 20% of my needs. Go fill the hGH at the drugstore...ha...1900. bucks for a 126iu sero kit which I can get for one-fourth that on the black market.
    Sure, you need to make sure you are healthy enough....no high blood pressure, no prostatitous, no liver/kidney disease. But more importantly, you have to consider the legal aspects. Obtaining meaningful quantities of steroids requires breaking the law. Getting caught is uncommon, but it certainly is possible and usually guys your age have a lot to lose. So think it over thoroughly.
    Personally, I have chosen NEVER to give in to aging. The question.....WHY.....is much more apropos to the teenagers that post about using drugs. They probably should not......cmike is a much better candidate and the results can be darn right amazing at age 52.
    I intend no offense to anyone with this reply, but unless you have passed middle-age and seen your body start to turn to shit, spent hours in the gym with no results, dieted and still carried a spare tire, lost interest in sex, etc, it is difficult to put yourself in this guy's shoes.
    Cmike, feel free to email me if you decide to do this. I have a bunch of old fart juicehead friends who would be happy to help you. Get the checkup first, though, as per TNT.

cmlike is offline New Member
    Thanks Ironmaster. I imagine that TNT will probably feel the same when he hits the big 50. :-)

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: over 50

Thanks!!
    cmlike, why not post over on the new Over 30 board. Thanks bro, hope you find an answer !

peace,

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Gotta love you guys . . .

Thanks Ironmaster. I imagine that TNT will probably feel the same when he hits the big 50. :-)
    Actually, I do feel that way, cmlike. I don't want to disappoint you, but I'm old enough to be your slightly younger brother, not young enough to be your kid.

Ironmaster makes several good points, and if the avatar is him, he is a testimony to what bodybuilding can do. I also have no doubt that, if you have been away from bodybuilding for a while (as stated in the other thread), you will be back into it and at your peak very soon, with or without steroids .

But - and I suggest that it is a big but - tyou guys are the exception, not the rule. (Ah, what the hell . . . We are the exception, not the rule.) And most guys who are beginning an exercise program after age 40 should get checked out thoroughly, and then go for the gold.

I am not suggesting compromise, laziness, or any particular position regarding steroid use . However, most 40+ guys and women are not in the same shape as the average 20-year-old, and should adjust their routines accordingly. Think William Holden and Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard - "There's nothing wrong with being 50, as long as you don't try to act 20."

I happen to concur with Ironmaster - the therapeutic dosages of steroids used to treat andropause are sometimes (although not always) a joke. Some guys will benefit from more; others will not. Some guys will get all the benefit they need from 100 mg. of testosterone a week, others will need more of a cycle-oriented dose of 400-500 mg. per week. And some of them can take 400-500 mg. a week with no problem, while a dose like that may zonk other guys right into the wacky world of prostate cancer.

I hope you see what I am suggesting, guys: Every person is an individual, and what works for you may not work for the next person as well, as smoothly, or as safely. So my support is equal for the guy who shoots 100 mg. of cyp a week, the guy who shoots 500 mg. of cyp a week, and the guy who doesn't use AS at all - as long as each one is following the course that is right for them as individuals.

And by the way, sometimes I feel like I'm the oldest guy around here, so I'm delihted to have "you A.K.'s"* around. All together now, "You make me feel so young, you make me feel like spring has sprung . . ."

"A.K." stands for alta kocher, a Yiddish term for old man.

Well of course that's my picture in the avatar. I always believe one should be able to demonstrate that he knows what he is talking about, and "a picture says a thousand words". (Or, you can ask ranger and irongame if I'm the real deal.)
    Here's more:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over 50-picture-70ar.jpg  
    Last edited by ironmaster; 04-07-2002 at 02:56 PM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over 50-picture-79ar.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over 50-picture-159ar.jpg  

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    look at those cuts!!! nice work brotha

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by ironmaster
    Man you have a great lookin body, not trying to be a gay(please guys, dont mean nothing personal to gays but just a statement) but thats the type of body I would like to have at the end of this year.By the way please dont flame me guys for telling the truth about his body, anyways Im married and love [edited] too much..hehe but shit Im jealous cause my body looks like shit right now but thatll change soon and i will put pics in as soon as i get A scanner.
    Last edited by rangerdudeleads; 04-07-2002 at 06:12 PM.

Hey brother, great body, you are inspiring !!!!

Originally posted by rangerdudeleads

Man you have a great lookin body, not trying to be a [edited] but thats the type of body I would like to have at the end of this year.By the way please dont flame me guys for telling the truth about his body, anyways Im married and love [edited] too much..hehe but shit Im jealous cause my body looks like shit right now but thatll change soon and i will put pics in as soon as i get A scanner.
    Excuse me bro, but no need to use derogotory verbage about homosexuals. Could you edit your post kindly?
    Last edited by TNT; 04-07-2002 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks, gettinthere........my point is that age is only a limitation if you let it be. I actually think mature muscle looks better, I'm thicker, more vascular, straited, and have better seperation than I ever had at any age........cause I have had 3 decades in the gym to refine my physique.
    So look forward to maturity, don't fear it.
    BTW, you are looking good there yourself. Great definition.....you definitely are gettinthere!

Thanks rangerdude, and canes4.......I hear you are a big guy yourself.

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Excuse me bro, but no need to use derogotory verbage about homosexuals. Could you edit your post kindly?
    sorry bro, I didnt think when i wrote that but I edited it , is that ok now?If not let me know and Ill edit it again but didnt mean nothing towards homosexuals, i just wanted to let him know that i wasnt thats all. Sorry bro

Thanks rangerdude, and canes4.......I hear you are a big guy yourself.
    <looking around surprised>

ME???? Well I am 6ft 2 and 220 but hehehehe, I only wish I could be 50% looking like you bro, you are one amazing man....that body is inspiring to see, and thanks for posting the pix, as it it makes me think there is hope after all that I could look good when I get started on a cycle and eating and training better than I am

Thanks bro, and you have a PM
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 04-07-2002 at 07:41 PM.

Originally posted by rangerdudeleads

sorry bro, I didnt think when i wrote that but I edited it , is that ok now?If not let me know and Ill edit it again but didnt mean nothing towards homosexuals, i just wanted to let him know that i wasnt thats all. Sorry bro
    Ranger,

You are cool with me now, no problem, just being gay myself I get upset at seeing that like a African-American would be upset at seeing the *N*-word bantied about in a racist manner.

Thanks for being helpful in keeping the rules of AR intact.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    just wondering why should he go on GH for his age? just curious? not that i want to do it

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    IRONMASTER looking good

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Ranger,

You are cool with me now, no problem, just being gay myself I get upset at seeing that like a African-American would be upset at seeing the *N*-word bantied about in a racist manner.

Thanks for being helpful in keeping the rules of AR intact.
    I apolize again,like I said im not prejudice towards homosexuals, so please forgive me bro i was just making it clear that I wasnt.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    IronMaster,

Brutha! You are an inspiration to me at 46. And Frankly you are an inspiration to guys on this brd at 26 too!

Nice work and I'm glad you're here to help lend knowldge and support!

MJ

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    You are awsome IronMaster..... A demon

Thanks Nate, and I like your signature line a lot........#1 mistake made by young BB"ers is to follow those bullshit "contest" diets in the magazines. Ya got to eat big to get big.
    Hell, in the winter I eat pizza, cheese burgers, ice cream, drink beer....whatever....it's easy to cut that up in the spring, but if you got no mass, there's nothing to work with.

Thread Information