Sauced is offline Banned

HELP! Need Hernia Advice

I am ready to go on a cycle of tren , test suspension, and winny but I have a reducable inguinal hernia. My doc said surgery is unnecessary at this point since I can push it back in and there is no pain. However, if it gets painful or unreducable, I will need surgery. I told him my situation and that I want to start a cycle but I'm worried I'll have to stop midway if this **** hernia gets worse. He said I can wear a hernia supporter and keep lifting. I can't decide if I should get this fixed now, even though he says its not necessary, and be out for 4-8 weeks or just risk it and hope it doesn't get worse during the cycle. What would you guys do?

I'd run the cycle still, but I'd wear the hernia supporter like he suggested.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Really bro get the operation... I had 2 hernias when I was younger it can get bad fast. I got two operations near the pelvis... does leave funny kinda scars though thats the only bad side of the operation. Mine wasnt the result of Weights but if it gets worse you will feel the pain.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauced
    I am ready to go on a cycle of tren, test suspension, and winny but I have a reducable inguinal hernia. My doc said surgery is unnecessary at this point since I can push it back in and there is no pain. However, if it gets painful or unreducable, I will need surgery. I told him my situation and that I want to start a cycle but I'm worried I'll have to stop midway if this **** hernia gets worse. He said I can wear a hernia supporter and keep lifting. I can't decide if I should get this fixed now, even though he says its not necessary, and be out for 4-8 weeks or just risk it and hope it doesn't get worse during the cycle. What would you guys do?

I just went through this exact situation. Stop juice for a month, go get the operation. It has been three weeks since my operation and I am already doing light upperbody to maintain mass and will move up slowly from here until week six when I will be as good or better than new. I had no pain before the operation, just figured that taking 4-6 weeks off now, would allow me to lift that much heavier later.

If you decided to go with the operation, the only advice that I can give you is a) take you pain medicine the first day, then throw it away so you can start max range of motion safely [they found two hernias, but my recover is lightning fast]

b) drink mylanta by the quart the first week... building up the abdominal pressure it takes to make a doo-doo is a killer and the pain pills plug you up.

Get it done. Four weeks is no big deal

Sauced is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I just went through this exact situation. Stop juice for a month, go get the operation. It has been three weeks since my operation and I am already doing light upperbody to maintain mass and will move up slowly from here until week six when I will be as good or better than new. I had no pain before the operation, just figured that taking 4-6 weeks off now, would allow me to lift that much heavier later.

If you decided to go with the operation, the only advice that I can give you is a) take you pain medicine the first day, then throw it away so you can start max range of motion safely [they found two hernias, but my recover is lightning fast]

b) drink mylanta by the quart the first week... building up the abdominal pressure it takes to make a doo-doo is a killer and the pain pills plug you up.

Get it done. Four weeks is no big deal
    Thanks for the advice... I guess I would be able to lift heavier afterwards.

Thanks for the advice... I guess I would be able to lift heavier afterwards.
    Good luck and don't forget the mylanta. You're first movement will bring tears to your eyes. I am talking some serious pain (and I was using the stuff!).

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Be very carefull on lifting but having said that dealing with your medical issue any misuse of lifting will reap unwanted pain & more problems. Bottom line it is not just going to go away.. you require the knife....best sooner

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Im surprised a doc would say that theres no need to do it now......why wait? Its only going to get worse . I had one my senior yr of highschool .

No idea how i got it , but it was big . I had no pain....and the doctors couldnt believe it dint hurt , but it dint . 1 month your good as new .

gymbuff101 is offline Junior Member
    ya man i had one to get it fixed you will hve to do somtime why do your cycle and then have to stay away from the gym for 8 weeks

bonsey is offline Junior Member
    I would get it fixed asap. I had an ingunial hernia and stupidly kept lifting heavy and it got very, very bad, to the point it almost strangulated. Znak is absoulutely right about the mylanta. Get some. I felt like I was giving birth the first time I sat on the can without it.

Sauced is offline Banned
    Thanks for the advice guys. Anybody do laproscopic surgery? How was that?

tupac1983 is offline Associate Member
    what is a hernia?sorry if this is a dumb ? but i have no idea.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    My sous chef just had a triple hernia and had it repaired this past weekend he was only out of work for a week.

Thanks for the advice guys. Anybody do laproscopic surgery? How was that?

They cut me wide open. Wound is about ten inches long. You can't see it in a speedo so no BFD.

Angelis is offline Banned
    10inch... d*mn bro mine is only like 3 or 4inch but I have 2, u cant see unless im naked

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    10inch... d*mn bro mine is only like 3 or 4inch but I have 2, u cant see unless im naked

Yeah, they found another one once they got in there. If he would have continued around the other side I would have had a happy face with a hairy cigar its mouth.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Save the gear, get the operation, heal then hit it like no tomorrow. You're going to want to lift heavy or at least intensly while on so you run the risk of a blow out. Get cut now and stop the worry.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    Get Cut now dude. Like Bonsey said your intestines can poke through the ab wall and cause strangulation, and kill off some of your intestines. And is much worse than what you have now... you will never be able to life again if that occurs.. Just do it now.

Sauced is offline Banned
    Got an appointment with a surgeon Friday ... thanks for the advice everybody.

hill8985 is offline Associate Member
    I had a hernia operation my sophmore year of highschool, and I have surgery coming up on the 25th of this month for another....It sucks, but atleast your's doesnt hurt...I can hardly walk up stairs or sit up....oh well goodluck, and a month off is alot better than the pain that is def going to come

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i had one back in like 7th grade, it sucked sitting out of footbal for a while, but get it done now. I waited cause i was a dumbass kid and thought it would go away on its own, then it got real bad and instead of just the micorincsion they had to do the full blown knife, about a 4 inch scar. Just go under the knife now, and wait until your free to lift to start the cycle. If not your gonna have to be inactive after your cycle, and you will lose whatever you just gained.

testen250-330 is offline New Member
    I had a inguinal hernia on the right side that I got at the middle of last year and i screwed around with it till the beginning of this year that it got so huge i couldnt stand that pain. It was about the size of a baseball. I would get the surgery...recovery time is a bitch but i'm glad i got it done.

Thread Information