Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Overdose on Clen? Read This...

This is mainly for if someone OD's on Clen , and they are using the search button to see what to do...

A good bro on MuscleNexus accidentally OD'd on Clenbuterol , and was given some good advice by a MOD (and Doctor) there known as Lunkhead, and he pulled through fine...

Here is what he said to do:

- This is the easiest thing in the world to fix: go to a walk in clinic or ER, tell them that you accidently took too much of your friend's asthma medication (you can say it's controlled release albuterol/salbutamol--- they won't know the difference) and they can give you a Beta-blocker like propanolol.

- It's important for them to know that you are NOT an asthmatic (I'm assuming that you are not) because they will get confused and not want to give you the beta-blocker for fear of provoking bronchospasm.

- A few mg intravenously will make you feel better right away and then you can take 80 mg twice daily for 2-3 days and then wean off it.

- They may want to give you activated charcoal to swallow (binds the clen) if it has been less than 6 hrs from the ingestion. Not fun eating that stuff, but worth it IMO.

- Eat a few bananas if you can. Clen will waste potassium like crazy and lead to cardiac arrhythmias.

- Definitely go in ASAP.

- You'll be fine.

LORDBLiTZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Maybe in the Educational Threads.. would be an easy reference then...

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    great post- information that really needs to be out here. thanks

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    good post, could have sworn I commented on this thread unless that was another board I seen this on.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    good post, could have sworn I commented on this thread unless that was another board I seen this on.
    Probably on another board.. I whored it out nicely LOL

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Great post...

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you're overdosing, it should be a no brainer to go to the doctors. Anyone who can't figure that out on their own, well.... darwinism

statuZ is offline Banned
    how would you know if your overdosing?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    how would you know if your overdosing?
    I don't really know either. If you are ramping up and are doing it slightly how could you tell if you were ingesting too much?? I would think that overdosing would be either accidental or ignorance.

Anvil-core is offline New Member
    I took too much clen by accident a few months ago...I had some IP anavar and superclen but the labels were the wrong way round, I was meaning to take 2 of the anavar, ended up taking 400mcg clen mever having had clen before.
    After about 20 mins my heart rate was up and then it hit home that I had taken white tabs (I knew the var were pink, just didn't twig at the time) and my heart rate increased further from panic.
    I had already taken ECA an hour earlier so I called NHS Direct (I'm in UK) and they said to go into A&E to be on the safe side. I was bouncing off the walls.

On admission to A&E my heart rate was 185 bpm and bp was 175/95.

I have to say, if you overdose on clen in the UK be sure to take a drug description with you to A&E as they had absolutely no idea what it was, it wasn't on any of their databases. I knew some of the names it's marketed under in several countries but that didn't help, they really didn't have a clue.
    I ended up having blood tests for everything, an ecg scan and had to stay under observation for 8hrs.
    They didn't tell me to drink water and I would say that's pretty important.

Took me a few days to come down and you can be **** sure I label all my tabs and double check everything now!

Oh yeah...and I got a big style lecture from a smarmy young doc about taking winstrol .

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    thats good advice on what to take for counter tho - always helps to know what to ask for or what direction to put the doc in when you go in

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    bump!

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    good to know! bump.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    thanks for posting this blown, bump

Thread Information