Tazwell is offline Senior Member

want to get my bp tested without doc giving me crap

I have done two cyles and i am doing a third this summer. i havn't gotten my blood pressure tested for two reasons. I used to smoke, i now don't thank god, and i go to the family doc. I am 23 and I don't want him to ask why a healthy 23 year old would want to get his bp tested unless he juices. any suggestions?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Tell him because you're into a very healthy lifestyle and like to keep up with things like that. Or, go to a pharmacy and use the BP machine. Either or.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    pharmicy. Good idea save more money that way. thanks

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Tell him a relative just had a heart attack and you want to make sure you're not at risk too.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Tell him you've been having headaches.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    a one time blood pressure measurement is kind of pointless. You really need to have it checked regularly over time that is the best way to get a consistent readings. Just go to a pharmacy once a week or invest in a blood pressure device you can use at home. Theyre cheap less than $50.

toolman is offline Banned
    Omron automatic BP reader, bicep cuff style. They cost about $80 and anyone who runs gear should own one. We spend all that money on gear and won't part with $80 to make sure we are healthy all the way through. Crazy.

You can get them at any pharmacy or about a million places online.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Learn how to do it yourself or teach your girl.. Very easy....

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Of course if the purpose of checking is to actually do something about the condition then going to the doc is a good idea. That way he will have a record of your high blood pressure and can perscribe you meds. Checking yourself is a good idea but if you think you need meds then have it taken at the clinic.

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    from what i've heard the fire station can handle large arm BP...if you're like me and arent even close to fitting into a supermarket or pharmacy BP machine.

and there is absolutely no reason that a doc should refuse a BP. i am 25 and i keep track of mine all the time at my work doc. just good practice, especially if there is any family history of heart disease. tell 'em to use the large cuff - the little one pinches the hell out of my arm and gives false readings.

ojibwe is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Omron automatic BP reader, bicep cuff style. They cost about $80 and anyone who runs gear should own one. We spend all that money on gear and won't part with $80 to make sure we are healthy all the way through. Crazy.

You can get them at any pharmacy or about a million places online.

You man that all this gear can make my blood presure go up?

QBERT is offline Junior Member
    Your local fire department will have no problem checking your blood pressure regularly. And it's free too. Just be polite and maybe bring them some ice cream.

Dexta is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you need bloodwork done also man. Doc wouldnt be a bad idea to go make sure ALL your levels are in good shape, not just blood pressure

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Privacy

You can tell your doctor. Just tell him up front that what you are telling him is confidential. Bring your PDA or phone and tell him your recording the conversation. If he blabs........you can retire.

You should be able to be honest with your doc and not fear he'll tell on you. If not, you need a Doc who actually takes his job and all that goes with it seriously

TomsTwinTowers is offline Associate Member
    Go to Walmart

Cfh_Y_guy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    I have done two cyles and i am doing a third this summer. i havn't gotten my blood pressure tested for two reasons. I used to smoke, i now don't thank god, and i go to the family doc. I am 23 and I don't want him to ask why a healthy 23 year old would want to get his bp tested unless he juices. any suggestions?
    You dont need a doc for bp testing. pharm has one, or go buy your own.

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    brakes, if your arm is too big for the pharmacy machine, go and buy a leg cuff/XL size to check your bp. You can still use it on your arm eventhough it is made for normal size legs.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    sweet... bumping up a thread that is almost a year old... nice one....

ojibwe is offline Junior Member
    just tryin to do my part

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    You can tell your doctor. Just tell him up front that what you are telling him is confidential. Bring your PDA or phone and tell him your recording the conversation. If he blabs........you can retire.

You should be able to be honest with your doc and not fear he'll tell on you. If not, you need a Doc who actually takes his job and all that goes with it seriously
    Unless your health insurance is paying for the treatment, in which case as part of their coverage agreement they get to see your medical records. If the doctor notes that you're an AAS user, you may get higher rates or even be dropped entirely.
    Just get a $50 BP monitor from Walgreens or some other drug store. That way you can check your BP first thing in the morning before you've had coffee or moved around too much. Also most monitor manufacturers will send you a larger cuff for free if you need it.

Thread Information