RAM2500 is offline Member

VERY VERY Long Test E cycles

I'm 42 have been working out 5 days a week for 3 years. Currently I知 on a very long Test E only cycle 1000mg a week. I was just about to end it when I heard from a few people that a cycle of 800mg's a week for as long as a year is safe and beneficial. These people who mentioned this are in the medical field, experienced body builders and just regular Joes who seem to know their stuff. Is this true?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM2500
    I'm 42 have been working out 5 days a week for 3 years. Currently I知 on a very long Test E only cycle 1000mg a week. I was just about to end it when I heard from a few people that a cycle of 800mg's a week for as long as a year is safe and beneficial. These people who mentioned this are in the medical field, experienced body builders and just regular Joes who seem to know their stuff. Is this true?
    1000 mgs ew for a year is long and a lot,i personally wouldnt run that amount that long, and you will need to come off sometime, but dr's put people on year round at low doses of 200-400 mgs ew, but they make them come off for half the time that they were on

Yeah bro that is a lot of test to be putting into your body. Like dirtdawg said, you have to come off sometime, and you will crash hard when you do.

So would 750mgs for 35 weeks be more reasonable and safe?

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i think 800mg/week is a little high to run safely yr round, i know at ur age u could run yr round but prob around the 400-500mg/week mark. there r posts on this somewhere in these forums but i wouldnt know wut to serach for. try a couple diff searches and im sure they'll pop up.

OK, thanks. I'll tone it down a notch or two

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    HI Bro, I did a 4.5 month cycle with a total of 1 gram and it was a little difficult getting everything back to normal. I was 46 at the time. I couldn't imagine trying to recover form a year on gear.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    that sounds alot safer and maybe just as beneficial... make sure you get some HCG

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I am currently about 16 weeks into a cycle that will last long into the forseeable future. I am funning 750mg week of test e and 600mgs a week of eq per week and right now am on part two of a three stage tren cycle. I go on 75 mgs ed for 6 weeks then come off for 8 weeks then go back on. It all depends on how responsible you are and what your goals are. Be safe and check yourself and you will be just fine.

Thats what I thought. Thanks loads ChrfJ.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    how's your cholesterol?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    how's your cholesterol?
    Yeah this could be an issue I am only 26 and have no family history of high cholesterol, and besides that I am very dedicated to BBing so I don't eat any junk except on Sundays

I will have my Cholesterol Checked. Cant seem to locate HCG . Did *** go under. thats were I would normally check, cant seem to pull it up.

let me re phrase.. will have my Cholesterol Checked. Cant seem to locate HCG . Did *** labs go under. thats were I would normally check, cant seem to pull it up.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    well, u dont want any kids anymore - still, such a high dosage is not safe, not under any circumstances. especially not at your age. be sure that you check your prostate every 2 month and monitor bp and your heart.

Latimus is offline Banned
    "here for a good time..not a long time"

righton is offline Senior Member
    There are clinical studies that show long term (3yrs+)HRT is beneficial to the heart and body in whole, however those range in amounts from 400-800mg/month. Ther are NO studies that show permanant shutdown from long term HRT and that the body does eventually recover usually within a year.

yeah and hrt is like 100 mg every week...800mg ew is for sure not beneficial...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I know many people have recovered from year long and more cycles with dosages higher than that cycle. You will need to plan your recovery well and at your age I think HCG will be important. I also agree that getting bloodwork done every couple of months and monitoring your BP will be important for you.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    My question is why does it matter how long your cycle is? Whether you are on for 12 weeks or 24 weeks, you are still shut down, so does the length of a cycle really matter as far as recovery goes? Does staying shut down longer have some kind of effect on recovery? I'm asking cause I don't know if it does other than what I read in these forums.

yes, it does matter. you will recover faster from 12 week cycle then from a 24 week cycle. it also depends on the perosn...of course...

So are you more shut down when you are on the cycle longer then? I would think that once you are shut down, you are shut down, no in betweens. Maybe I am wrong in thinking this. I would imagine that you would be completely shut down from a cycle when it starts to kick in, so once your shut down, you don't start to recover till after the stuff is out of your body. Why does it take longer to recover from a longer cycle? What is the reasoning? I am asking cause I would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    yes, it does matter. you will recover faster from 12 week cycle then from a 24 week cycle. it also depends on the perosn...of course...

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    So are you more shut down when you are on the cycle longer then? I would think that once you are shut down, you are shut down, no in betweens. Maybe I am wrong in thinking this. I would imagine that you would be completely shut down from a cycle when it starts to kick in, so once your shut down, you don't start to recover till after the stuff is out of your body. Why does it take longer to recover from a longer cycle? What is the reasoning? I am asking cause I would like to know.
    This seems logical to me.. Once your shutdown how is it different from 12-24 wks? Yes your body is dormant in making its own however once it knows its suppose to make test again thats what it will do..

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    let me re phrase.. will have my Cholesterol Checked. Cant seem to locate HCG. Did *** labs go under. thats were I would normally check, cant seem to pull it up.
    Not only that but anything more then 10 weeks on/10 weeks off, you should be donating a pint of blood 3 times a year. Keeps you from having too thick of blood cells, you also drain away some cholesterol, lead, mercury, etc when you donate blood. Then a week after the donation, go get checked out.

Also I did 7 month on a mostly testosterone cycle... expected a bad recovery so I armed up with clomid, tongkat ali and tribulis and to tell the truth, first 10 days of PCT, my balls tripled in size, cum loads were bigger then ever, sex drive was good enough to support poking my wife about once every 3 days and I am 39 years old. I cannot complain. All my PCT recoveries have been very good and I have never done HCG in my life. I am on my second 7 month cycle with only 3 months off in between from the last one. About 4 months into it now and balls havent shrunken at all, been doing tongkat ali 3 days a week, keeping my balls bigger and cum loads bigger this time. I am not expecting any difficulty in my next PCT, if anything it might be even better!
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 02-08-2005 at 12:40 PM.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    The old saying "time on = time off" is not true anymore with recent studies showing that with proper PCT the off period can be as little as 20 days before a another cycle can begin! It was often believed that if you stayed on long enough(20+wks) or so the body would not produce test anymore and would not be able to have any kids and be shut down permanantly which has been shown to be not the case at all anymore!

That is very good information to know.

Quote Originally Posted by righton
    The old saying "time on = time off" is not true anymore with recent studies showing that with proper PCT the off period can be as little as 20 days before a another cycle can begin! It was often believed that if you stayed on long enough(20+wks) or so the body would not produce test anymore and would not be able to have any kids and be shut down permanantly which has been shown to be not the case at all anymore!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    This topic is very interesting! I have enough test to run it for about 6 months. I am 23 and would like to have kids one day. That theory makes good sense, I mean once your shut down your shut down whether it is 12 weeks or 12 months.Its either you are shut down or not. Hmmmm I would like to hear more experiences of long cycles....

joevette is offline Banned
    While I don't believe in the time one=time off theory for longer cycles(20+weeks), I do think you need more time than just what it takes to get the HTPA going again. Remember, it takes longer than that to get your cholesterol and liver values back to normal. However, if these are good to go and your test levels are back to normal I say jump back on.

There are clinical studies that show long term (3yrs+)HRT is beneficial to the heart and body in whole, however those range in amounts from 400-800mg/month. Ther are NO studies that show permanant shutdown from long term HRT and that the body does eventually recover usually within a year.
    You have studies showing the effects of 800mg for 3 yrs as HRT? 800mg is about 10 times what the human body would produce at a maximum, I can't see a doctor prescribing that much. Even 400 mg (5x max test) seems way too high.

IMO, I would run 100-200mg of test year around if I was over 45 years old and do 10 week cycles a few times per year
    (maybe 3 cycles per year). I'd also run 2ius of HGH for HRT year around, and cycle some IGF-1 LR3 along with the 10 week AAS cycles. I would get blood work done regularly to dial in your free test levels as well as estrogen so you can adjust your HRT dose of test and any neccessary anti-e's, and to check for lipid values and all the other things they check for.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    This topic is very interesting! I have enough test to run it for about 6 months. I am 23 and would like to have kids one day. That theory makes good sense, I mean once your shut down your shut down whether it is 12 weeks or 12 months.Its either you are shut down or not. Hmmmm I would like to hear more experiences of long cycles....
    I'm in your same age range with similar concerns (ie. having kids one day). I'm currently on week 25 of a 40 week cycle. With such a long cycle PCT is particularly important as is HCG and proviron during the cycle. Do a search for "The Ultimate PCT", that's what I'll be doing when I come off. IMO, even if you mess up you HTPA, you should still be able to have kids with a combination of clomid and HCG (docs prescribe this to dudes who are having trouble with their sperm count). Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

The main difference between a 12 weeker and a 12 monther is that you will be more shut down after 12 months. For me 12 weeks with minimally dosed AAS hardly shuts me down when I use Tongkat Ali with it. But after about 14 weeks even the Tongkat isn't enough and I have to switch to HCG. It's the same with higher dosed cycles or cycles using gear that increase progestin levels, ie. deca & tren . It's also harder to recover from longer cycles simply because your body hasn't produced any test in a long time.

IMO, you should be able to recover fine after a 6 month cycle. Just make sure you plan it out really well. PM me if you want a cycle critique for your 6 monther.

Im gonna keep this cycle going for about 40 Weeks. 800mg Test E weekly. I'm also gonna try and get some blood work done soon.

zuke is offline Member
    Im gonna keep this cycle going for about 40 Weeks. 800mg Test E weekly. I'm also gonna try and get some blood work done soon.
    are you planning on taking any proviron or nolvadex during the cycle? if not, could you post some boob shots at week 40?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    one doctor i talked to said take half the time off that you were on, so 12 weeks in and 6 off

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    My question is, since you're 42 how much do you care about recovering your hpta? Do you plan on having anymore kids? One option would be to just stay on. If you did, I'd run 3-4 month cycles, with periods in between where you run lower doses of just test. For example, 1 g test/600 eq for 4 months, then 500 test for 2 months, etc.

Just something to think about. If I was 42 I don't think I'd ever plan on coming off but that's just me.

Thread Information