toc67guru is offline Associate Member

time for arimidex levels to become stable?

i posted this in the PCT forum but have had no feedback:-

i have read that it can take up to 60 days for letrozole dosages to become stable.
    i was wondering does anyone know how long it takes arimidex for levels to become stable?
    if it is dose related it is assuming a dosage of 0.25mg/day is used.

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    anyone got an opinion on this?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I feel that if you run a product until its halflife, arimidex 72 hours, run the compound that length of time before incorporating your steroid . Stability should be constant. Where did you here about that, and exactly what does that mean? I would love to be schooled in this paticular area of stabilities of compounds.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    What i do for all my cycles is i start the armidex 2 weeks before the start of the cycle at .5mg ed. Don't know the point for it but a very trusted friend of mine at the gym said that to me so i do it and besides it couldn't hurt.

Front Runner is offline New Member

half life

I think the halflife of arimidex is 48 hours not 72...hence the EOD administration allowance...

Quote Originally Posted by Front Runner
    I think the halflife of arimidex is 48 hours not 72...hence the EOD administration allowance...
    you are wrong it is longer than 48

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    never heard of the eod allowance for armidex?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    i posted this in the PCT forum but have had no feedback:-

i have read that it can take up to 60 days for letrozole dosages to become stable.
    i was wondering does anyone know how long it takes arimidex for levels to become stable?
    if it is dose related it is assuming a dosage of 0.25mg/day is used.
    Letro and arimidex are different chemicals but both can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to reach a steady state concentration. So if youare looking to have your blood levels peaked before the cycle starts IMO 2 weeks minimu would be good to start the anti-e.

Front Runner is offline New Member

Info

Terminal half life is about 2 days. Bigcut, by EOD administration I mean the recommended 1 tab EOD, half a tab EOD etc. You need to start it one week prior to AS!!

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...GN=anastrozole

"Pharmacokinetics Inhibition of aromatase activity is primarily due to anastrozole, the parent drug. Studies with radiolabeled drug have demonstrated that orally administered anastrozole is well absorbed into the systemic circulation with 83 to 85% of the radiolabel recovered in urine and feces. Food does not affect the extent of absorption. Elimination of anastrozole is primarily via hepatic metabolism (approximately 85%) and to a lesser extent, renal excretion (approximately 11%), and anastrozole has a mean terminal elimination half-life of approximately 50 hours in post-menopausal women. The major circulating metabolite of anastrozole, triazole, lacks pharmacologic activity. The pharmacokinetic parameters are similar in patients and in healthy post-menopausal volunteers. The pharmacokinetics of anastrozole are linear over the dose range of 1 to 20 mg and do not change with repeated dosing. Consistent with the approximately 2-day terminal elimination half-life, plasma concentrations approach steady-state levels at about 7 days of once daily dosing, and steady-state levels are approximately three- to four-fold higher than levels observed after a single dose of ARIMIDEX ....."

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Good to know. I do not understand how threw all my reaearch I missed this. I new the time frame with letro but not armidex. Learn something new everyday i guess.

My bottle came with a pamplet attached strait from the pharmacy, and it said 72 hours is the halflife. Oh, well I can still just start a week early.

Thread Information